PDA

View Full Version : Good place for flowers

Montreal30
11-11-2007, 10:32 AM
Does anyone know where a good place to get flowers and yes lol flower shop i know but any recommendations for a dozen roses. Oh and comments from general lee are not accepted lol

Simba
11-11-2007, 10:34 AM
Romes. They have beautiful assortments and the price is pretty good.

skibunnie64
11-11-2007, 10:38 AM
A&P at churchill plaza

Montreal30
11-11-2007, 10:39 AM
what do they usually run around at A&P

JerDawg
11-11-2007, 10:42 AM
i have always and will continue to shop for flowers at the ball florist. their selection is amazing and i have had carnations from there that lived for literally 3 weeks. They also go the extra mile to make sure your flowers look beautiful

General Lee
11-11-2007, 10:58 AM
DUDE grate notheren road 12.99 for a dozen roses i belive by CAA

Little B
11-11-2007, 12:05 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TyTy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what do they usually run around at A&P </div></div>

Don't be so cheap! She is saving you a ton of money on hand lotion! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif

skibunnie64
11-11-2007, 12:41 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: L'il B</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TyTy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what do they usually run around at A&P </div></div>

Don't be so cheap! She is saving you a ton of money on hand lotion! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif </div></div>
/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif l'ilB but I am not sure how much they run at A&P..just know they have some nice flowers there

Simba
11-11-2007, 01:06 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: L'il B</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TyTy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what do they usually run around at A&P </div></div>

Don't be so cheap! She is saving you a ton of money on hand lotion! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif </div></div>

LOL... http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/8196/tmiio9.gif

tippikitty
11-11-2007, 01:09 PM
/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rofl.gif

General Lee
11-11-2007, 01:12 PM
lol

Babzz
11-11-2007, 01:35 PM

your nick name suits you sooo well /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif

MaO3
11-11-2007, 01:40 PM
Ya know, I don't think she'll care where they came from or how much you paid for them. She'll probably just appreciate the thought.

At least I know I would, and hell I'd be happy to get flowers from A&P or anywhere for that matter.

SusyQ
11-11-2007, 01:51 PM
/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/high5.gif Well said Ma. $6 or $60 its the thought.

AmdWolfman
11-11-2007, 01:54 PM
yep, mix up the boquet abit .Adds different aromas.

Barney Rubble
11-11-2007, 02:02 PM
i always thought that there is nothing like murdering plant life to show someone how much you care for them!

/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

SusyQ
11-11-2007, 02:04 PM
Barney Rubble shatup!!! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif

Barney Rubble
11-11-2007, 02:08 PM
Here, I stopped the life cycle of these & brought the trophy kill home because I love you!

SusyQ
11-11-2007, 02:10 PM
/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rofl.gif

Karen-Annie
11-11-2007, 02:17 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PattyCakes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i have always and will continue to shop for flowers at the ball florist. their selection is amazing and i have had carnations from there that lived for literally 3 weeks. They also go the extra mile to make sure your flowers look beautiful </div></div>

I agree.I ordered funeral flowers this past week...picked the arrangement out of one of the books,asked to substitute one kind of flower/colour,and I was blown away what they made for $75.It was absolutely gorgeous and chock full..no empty spaces.They even went ahead and changed one other flower that blended better with the first substitute.

I've only been using them for the last year or so after my other one went out of business.I have had excellent results the 3 times I've had to use them.

hp2
11-11-2007, 10:22 PM
This is a hard subject for me!! LOL but you being a friend and all Ill give ya my input!! as this is what I am! a florist when IM not home with the kids!! I cannot wait to go back to work but will not do it till kiddos are in school full time!! to much stress and I will NOT go back to the place I worked!! Time to move on!! the phone rings here still after being home 5 yrs now with people asking me to go back to work!!

But in all Honesty YES. THE BALL FLORIST!! and if you did you decided to go to A&P or Romes there flowers there are great also!! all the flowers in this town come from same places. There are a few supplyers And only one truck that comes up here when I worked it was thursdays he come. ITS all IN HOW THE FLOWERS ARE CARED FOR WHEN THEY COME IN!!!!! some times you can get very crappy stock some times AWSOME STOCK. but MOST COUNTS on how they are handled packaging them and unpackaging them!!! I have seen roses last 3 weeks carnations 2 days, and usually viseversa!!

ITS ALL IN THE CARE THAT GOS INTO THE FLOWERS!!!

HOPE This helps a little with your coice!!!

H.E. Pennypacker
11-12-2007, 12:47 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skibunnie64</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A&P at churchill plaza </div></div>

the best

Jackie B
11-12-2007, 01:00 AM
I bought a dozen of the most beautiful pink roses last week from A&P at churchill for $7.50. They were on sale, but I think they usually run about $10/dozen for the regular ones. Yuo can get mixed bouquets for about $7 there, but it just goes up from there. It depends on what you want to spend.

hp, I didn't know you are a florist. Cool! I worked at a craft store for 8 years, and have done a couple fresh flower wedding bouquets. It was so much fun.

Macs II
11-12-2007, 01:05 AM
dollar store and they last forever http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q104/Macs20006/icon_207.gif

Jackie B
11-12-2007, 01:10 AM
Aw...but real flowers smell nice, and they're so much prettier too. See! (showing off a bit LOL)
perdy bouquet I made (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1638702&id=638500117)

Macs II
11-12-2007, 01:14 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jackie B</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Aw...but real flowers smell nice, and they're so much prettier too. See! (showing off a bit LOL)
perdy bouquet I made (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1638702&id=638500117) </div></div>

well yeah but they only last few days or weeks at the most /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif