PDA

View Full Version : Crysis The wait is OVER

Maryms
11-14-2007, 01:11 PM
Ok i just picked it up a few min ago and going to install it and play... yeeeeeeeee haawwwwwww

I will lets ya all know how it is.. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Ultra54
11-14-2007, 07:11 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://pc.ign.com/articles/835/835139p1.html </div></div>
So did I but I'm beginning to think I should have gotten Gears or COD4 instead. Again Max, what this review says about the game goes against everything you claim your card can do.

Maryms
11-14-2007, 08:28 PM
Well i am doing 25-30 frames and that is at 1600x1200 with all the advanced settings set to High except the Objects is set to medium.

I am running the Beta 169.09 driver.

I never got any chugging as they claim.

I am running it under windows XP.

------------------------------------------

They must have some serious issue to only get 25 frames at medium settings or they are running it in Vista or that is the DEMO and they are running crappy drivers.

Ah yes after reading it more they were running VISTA with DX10 enabled and that was at the VERY HIGH settings that only DX10 enables and Vista.

So the review is some what correct Based Upon Vista and Nvidia's Vista Crappy drivers and it is also misleading as it makes one to think the game totally sucks on any OS.

Also i am OCed higher then what an Ultra and GTX card is out of the box on the core and as for memory i am close to it, in which your GT is also higher clocked. I am also at times clocked higher then the superclocked versions of both those cards.

------------------------------------------------

If you read my posts/threads about Crysis in Vista i have never claimed to get 25-30 frames in Vista, but in fact like i stated to you on the phone one time. It is about Half of what i get in XP and that is because of Nvidia's crappy drivers for Vista.

---------------------------------------------------------

So i stand by my claim and if anyone wishes to go against it, all i can say is read before you post and know exactly what is your talking about. Also before you post load up what i have and you should get about the same as me as long as your running a similar card and specs as i am.

Maryms
11-14-2007, 08:31 PM
Well so far been playing most of the day and the game is very good and harder on Delta then it was in the demo in which i suspected it would be. So that puts me at around 6 hours so far, playing on the Delta level is for sure a challenging role. You need to know when to cloak and when not to do so and when not to kill all of the AI and just sneak past.

Great game and graphics look nice at 1600x1200 and with the settings i am using in which i posted in my above post.

Maryms
11-14-2007, 08:44 PM
Just to add to my above post in response to Ultra54. Here is the specs for the SuperClocked versions of the GTX and the Ultra cards from EVGA.

And my specs when i run them are 685(core)/1450(shaders)/2000(memory), but i am runnning at 650/1450/1874 for now as i forgot to set the specs i just listed permantely, so i must do so when i get a chance.

Performance
NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX
621 MHz GPU
128 Pixel Pipelines
400 MHz RAMDAC

Memory
768 MB, 384 bit DDR3
2000 MHz (effective)
96.0 GB/s Memory Bandwidth

http://www.evga.com/products/moreinfo.asp?pn=768-P2-N835-AR&family=19

---------------------------------
Performance
NVIDIA GeForce 8800 Ultra
655 MHz GPU
128 Pixel Pipelines
400 MHz RAMDAC

Memory
768 MB, 384 bit DDR3
2250 MHz (effective)
108 GB/s Memory Bandwidth

http://www.evga.com/products/moreinfo.asp?pn=768-P2-N887-AR&family=19

-------------------------------------

\m/ Rich \m/
11-14-2007, 09:11 PM
DX 10 is where the main slowdowns are... you should be able to run on high in dx 9... 10 is where you get lagggggggggg

Ultra54
11-15-2007, 06:18 AM
Yes they were running Vista but if you read they had to disable every DX10 feature and they only ran at high settings. I'm curious if the games runs slower in Vista in DX9 mode.

Maryms
11-15-2007, 08:29 AM
I have did that review myself and posted about it in soonet and yes Vista does run slower in DX9 mode for Crysis.

I tried Vista again yesterday when i did a fresh install of it and used the latest WHQL drivers from Nvidia and i only was getting around 9-17 frames MAX. When i tried the Vista Beta Drivers i was lucky to get 12-20 frames MAX.

---------------------------------------------

I opted to use Win XP (as in the Demo it was the similar type of tests i did with similar results). I tried the latest WHQL drivers that is offered from Nvidia and i was getting around 18-22 MAX.

Then i tried the Optimized Beta drivers from Nvidia which is the beta release 169.09 drivers. These drivers like in the past Beta's give me around 25-35 frames MAX.

For Both OSes i ran everything at HIGH settings except the Objects setting i left it at Medium.

--------------------------------------------

When it comes to DX10 settings in Vista which is the VERY HIGH settings. You may as well run around the block 2-3 times before you get to the Island.... /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Seriously though it so punishing for any card, let a alone SLI or Crossfire setup.

I was lucky to see 5-15 Frames Max... that sucks for any card and remember what my card is clocked at now. The GT's, GTS's, GTX's no matter what version right now is out there. They will still be punished.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Now that all being said you can lower some of the settings after you set them all to HIGH and get higher FPS with the loss of some quality on those settings you lowered.

Example:

If you lowered the Water, Objects, Shadows and a few others TO MEDIUM in which i tested out the other day, but never posted about it as many know it can be done. I get around 40-45 FRAMES max. You don't need to lower everything and this is better then running everything at Medium.

The game allows users to customize more options then any other game out in the market or even out in the past. So ppl can get higher FPS if they lower some of the settings individually and the game still looks decent-good to play.

------------------------------------------------

On that note i will also mention these two things.

1. Make sure you do a Defrag before you play the game to help ensure best perfromamce of your PC.

2. After playing for about 4 hours in ... windows XP finally took its slow time to reallocate memory and that will make the PC and Game slow down to almost a stop. The game was pushing 1.4 GB of memory in some areas for some time and of course windows needs some of that 2GB of memory i only have.

Maryms
11-15-2007, 08:33 AM
I have about 8 hours into the game now and the game gets to be confusing is all i can state without giving any details away. The game play on Delta level is no doubt much better then any other level.. if your like me and you want a challange for once. Then play it on the Delta Level.

****Note****

I will not SPOILER THIS THREAD and i want no one else to do so either as this thread is to talk about Issues of the game and or general talk about it.

If anything i will make a Spolier Thread by itself or someone else can.

Ultra54
11-15-2007, 08:55 PM
After playing it for a bit I will admit there is a lot of good, downright awesome in this game. I stole a boat and did the first part of the mission in that and I shot at a jeep,felling a tree instead and I watched in awe as it fell on the jeep actually crushing it in what looked quite realistic. The environment had amazing detail with the smallesr details present. The physics are the best too.Open endedness is the best also.

Chako
11-15-2007, 11:36 PM
Just got the full game today.

I have quickly learned my preferred style of play. It might take me ages to get places, but the game play is awesome.

I prefer to creep around slowly cloaked, get a good look with the binoculars, move slowly behind the enemy, do a single shot to the back of the head which uncloaks me. Quickly cloak back, watch the enemy run around screaming, wait and pick my next shot, rinse and repeat. So far I have only been hit a few times doing this.

Best fun I have had in a game in a long time.

Maryms
11-15-2007, 11:57 PM
Well i pretty much finished it today .... about 11 hours on delta level.

Chako
11-16-2007, 06:53 AM
Just had the game freeze on me for some unknown reason.

Maryms
11-16-2007, 09:05 AM
It depends Chako as there is some areas that will slow the card down to I swear no lie 0.3 frames i seen it with my own eyes. It is certain areas of the game that will do this, but if you don't go into that area then your fine.

I did not have the game freeze on me, but at 3 points that i can rememeber it only got 0.3-5 frames, but this is in an area in a mission where you don't really need to go, but in most cases many ppl may do so to experiment with the area.

Maryms
11-16-2007, 09:24 AM
The game was pretty good but in some areas i wished there was more AI and a few other things... /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

I played multiplayer last night and it was fun for sure as you get to use all the Nano Suits options. Just so ppl know yes you can see your opponet when they are Cloaked, but it has to be when they are moving or at times in prone position and your scoped in... Fun it is when i seen many memember typing WTF how could he see me..... LOL

Chako
11-16-2007, 04:08 PM
I have also noted that when I use a scope, the graphics can get all strange. The trees turn all solid gray.

Must be some bugs. I hope the patch fixes some of the issues. Even with the bugs, this game is fantastic.

Currently at the village with the two tanks. I must have killed 80 soldiers so far...and will have to redo it again because that is when it froze on me last night.

Maryms
11-16-2007, 06:05 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chako</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have also noted that when I use a scope, the graphics can get all strange. The trees turn all solid gray.

Must be some bugs. I hope the patch fixes some of the issues. Even with the bugs, this game is fantastic.

Currently at the village with the two tanks. I must have killed 80 soldiers so far...and will have to redo it again because that is when it froze on me last night.
</div></div>

That definately sounds like driver issue....are you running a beta?

Certain beta's gave me all kinds of anomolies.

Chako
11-16-2007, 07:33 PM
Using 163.75 forceware. I am sure it isn't a BETA.

filthy
11-16-2007, 08:34 PM
163.75 is the latest WQHL driver. 169.09 is the latest beta which i am using and getting better performance in Crysis.

Maryms
11-16-2007, 08:37 PM
Hmm weird as i never seen it at all in the game on the drivers i am running.

I am not sure then what it could be, maybe a glitch for you and others.

I did find some other glitches in the game, but i won't speak of them as i don't want to spoil it for others. There is some glitches not with drivers, but other things.