PDA

View Full Version : Crysis TIMEDEMO in the GAME

Maryms
11-15-2007, 10:04 AM
I knew of these, but never knew which files. I accidently push some keys and got it to work in the demos editor.. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

But here is where they are located in the OFFICIAL GAME and in the DEMO GAME.

Program Files\Electronic Arts\Crytek\Crysis\Bin32 or where you installed the game, just find the Bin32 folder.

And you will see these to TimeDemos:

Benchmark_CPU.bat and Benchmark_GPU.bat

The GPU one is probably what many review sites have been using. Anyway, It will loop through the timedemo 4 times and give you the results at the end.

-------------------------

Post your results with pictures as well and what SETTINGS you used and what OS your running.

I have not ran the timedemo's yet as i was and still am to busy playing the game... /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

I will run them when i get a chance maybe this morning or later on today.

Maryms
11-15-2007, 10:27 AM
Well i just ran the GPU timedemo for now and that is the one many want to see.

My specs and what i ran:

(please if posting results follow what i did, let us know what your running for specs)

1600x1200 NoAA and i can't find any AF setting in Crysis (maybe i am blind.. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif ) with all settings set to high, except the Objects setting is set to medium.

1 x Evga 320MB SC @ 650/1450/1874
Windows XP 32-bit
2 x 1GB = 2GB, DDR500 @ 509
Amd Opteron 170 Dual Core @ 2.8ghz
2 x 320MB seagate SataII HD's running in Raid 0
Nvidia Driver = 169.09 Beta

------------------------------------------------

Here is the result (below).

I was also running a Defrag on my C: drive at the time, but the game is installed on my D: drive. I will test again when i have time without running a defrag in background and see if there is any better results.

-------------------------------

Here is the PIC after test.

Now like i stated for the NON believers i get around 25-30 FPS max.

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/5020/crysisgputimedemohr6.png

Ultra54
11-15-2007, 06:53 PM
http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o257/Ultra54/nnn-3.jpg
This isn't the latest driver. I will repost after I eat and install the same driver.

Ultra54
11-15-2007, 08:55 PM
Here is a bench I ran at 1600x1200 with everything on high and 4x AA. Please feel free to try this one too.Yes, thats with object set too high Max
http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o257/Ultra54/gpuhigh.jpg

Maryms
11-16-2007, 12:59 AM
What resolution was the first one ya did, gees i hate when ppl don't put the specs they ran at and what DRIVER and what OS....

Like i asked.....

(please if posting results follow what i did, let us know what your running for specs)

Can ya post like this below:

1600x1200 NoAA and i can't find any AF setting in Crysis with all settings set to high, except the Objects setting is set to medium.

Windows XP 32-bit

Killswitch
11-16-2007, 02:07 AM
1440x900 no AA or AF. All settings set to high except the Shaders option which is set to medium due to HDR problems.

Build is in my signature.
Running Windows Vista 64bit and Catalyst 7.10's.

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/yosef79/crysisgpubench.jpg

Same thing except resolution which is at 1280x800.

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/yosef79/crysisgpubench2.jpg

Ultra54
11-16-2007, 07:24 AM
Your the one who set up the parameters and your asking me? Come on man, it's EXACTLY as you requested. There should be no question from you. It only adds to the damn confusion. Must I type this [censored] out again? Why in gods name would you claim to be defragging a hard drive and running a bench you are going to publish on the net? Sounds more like creating a back door for you to squirm out of. Killswitch, is the reason you never ran at 1600 x 1200 because of issues? We have to all run the same for comparison sake.
So for you Max. IT IS RUN EXACTLY THE SAME AS YOU< I CAN READ!

Killswitch
11-16-2007, 10:02 AM
Ultra.... what Madmax requested is for us to run the benchmark and list what configurations and settings we are running with our INDIVIDUAL rigs exactly as he did, including OS, drivers, etc.... Not run the same settings.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BaRtHo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What resolution was the first one ya did, gees i hate when ppl don't put the specs they ran at and what DRIVER and what OS....

Like i asked.....

<span style="color: #FF0000">Can ya post like this below:</span>

1600x1200 NoAA and i can't find any AF setting in Crysis with all settings set to high, except the Objects setting is set to medium.

Windows XP 32-bit
</div></div>

Everyones build isn't the same and it would be impossible to do direct comparisons unless we run every test with each card in the same PC like an actual review you'd find on your fav website(s). I don't think this is a "My video card is better then yours!!!!" thread, although we all know it'll likely turn out like that.

Also, how would I do a direct comparison when I'm running an ATI crossfire, AMD dual core setup with Vista, and you have an Nvidia, Intel quad core setup with XP? C'mon dude.

Anyhow to answer your question, 1440x900 is a 16:10 widescreen resolution and it's the highest resolution I can run.

Maryms
11-16-2007, 10:13 AM
My point exactly Killswitch we need to know what drivers in which Ultr54 has not stated as of yet in his tests he ran, cause i wish to test with the drivers he ran too, but he does not want to play fairly i suppose..... /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Also yes i we all want to see what SPECS the rig is running even if there is a few here that already know. The ppl on the inetrent who search this out will find this info and want to compare.

As for me defragging at the time impacted the result by a little bit of frames, but whos worried about that (2-3 frames less). I could post again, but i don't care about afew frames.

My point of this thread is to show what ppl who don't have a good system can compare to what they will need or better to play such games like Crysis and to put to rest all the NAY sayer's that keep claiming my card/rig can't do what i said it is doing.

Now as for your build Killswitch hopefully ATI comes out with a better Crossfire driver as the resolution your running is LOW with similar frames as mine nad Ultra54's 1 card machine. If they come out with a better driver, you would wnat to see 30-60 FRAMES max in crysis at that resolution your running with both cards.

Oh and Ultra54 your getting a few more frames then my rig is and your running a Quad-Core setup in which yes like i suspected no BIG significant FPS improvement in Crysis. So why does anyone need a Quad-Core for when it is not doing anything for FPS right now, but if they can get one really cheap then by all means get it.

Also because you never stated what drivers and resolution in your first TEST result. It makes it unclear as to what you ran for resolution in which i thought you ran 1600x1080 your normal running resolution.

This thread is a good comaprison not only between cards and drivers but also Rig setups.

And what OS ppl are running will also matter.

Maryms
11-16-2007, 10:19 AM
Just to let ppl know for some reason like all the BETA's i tried i can not test the timedemo with AA on as the crysis .exe crashes. I thought it was a Demo thing, but apparantely it is the drivers as it crashed the official game when running AA on for the timedemo test.

Maryms
11-16-2007, 10:31 AM
Ok i just look in another thread and Ultra54 stated in that thread he is running the Official Nvidia 169.02 drivers and i will test these ones out as i never did run them as there is about 20 drivers Nvidia put out in the last two months.. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Maryms
11-16-2007, 10:48 AM
Umm ok so Nvidia made a special driver for the GT's. The one Ultra54 is running... 169.02 as i can't install it as it states no supported hardware found.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_169.02.html

Ultra54
11-16-2007, 05:14 PM
That is the first time I have seen a non unified driver in many years. Let us settle on the same driver WHQL, maybe the one for all the other or unified official drivers.

Killswitch
11-16-2007, 05:19 PM
Oh I definitely need new drivers lol. I had to "hack" this game to run crossfire, and it's far from perfect. What I did was rename Crysis.exe in the bin32 folder to AFR-FRIENDLY.EXE, made a desktop shortcut, then added "-dx9" to the target line. This is the ONLY way I have figured out to run both cards right now, and it sucks. No 64 bit and no DX10 /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif Anyhow, as it runs now.... some objects in the game flicker and HDR is overwhelming on high and has to be reduced to medium via the shaders option. But, I can play/test it and get an idea of how it can run..... and as you said Max a new driver should and hopefully will put me in the 30 to 60 FPS range you mentioned.

BTW..... I don't think 1440x900 is that low. 800x600 is low LOL! I'm running a 19" widescreen Samsung LCD and 1440x900 is it's native resolution, I can't go any higher.

Maryms
11-16-2007, 05:22 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ultra54</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> That is the first time I have seen a non unified driver in many years. Let us settle on the same driver WHQL, maybe the one for all the other or unified official drivers.</div></div>

Yeah i know me too ... they made that one just for the GT's. i even tried searching else where and samething when i downloaded it.

The official driver does get lower FPS then this beta i am running, about 10 frames less.