PDA

View Full Version : Fleas Question ?

MelissaBrian
11-16-2007, 04:42 PM
What is the stuff you use for your dog and where do you get it and do you swear on the stuff...

Need some realy bad my house is infested !
my dog is miserable...

tryed so many things and nothing seems to be working .

thanks

MagicFingers
11-16-2007, 05:13 PM
Many years ago that happened with my parents house. We took the cat to be treated by a professional groomer and then we had professionals come in and spray the house. It was well worth it. If it is as bad as you say I would just get professionals to come and spray the entire house. This way you know that you got all of it. All you need is to miss something and the little buggers just keep coming back.

leafs93
11-16-2007, 05:37 PM
I get a can of spray at my vet called Vet-Kem Siphotrol 2000. It has a 7 month residual action against fleas and pre adult fleas. I totally swear by this stuff, I have tried the products you can buy at a pet store and have never gotten good results. This stuff I get now is excellent.

When I moved into my house I didn't know it was infested with fleas from the previous owner. Next thing all my animals were hopping with the little critters. Got a can of this stuff and it killed them fleas dead ASAP. Think it is about thirty bucks

for a can that does 2,000 square feet. Don't need much and it does the job.

But you can't treat the animal with it, this is for house only.

TPK
11-16-2007, 05:54 PM
Funny Bunny if you have them that bad treating the dog wont help you'll have to have the house done awswell.

orchid
11-16-2007, 05:57 PM
i would go with leafs suggestion for the house and treat your pets with either revolution or advantage, one of the products available exclusively through the vet. i have tried several store bought topical solutions and had no luck...but the revolution i got through the vet, though expensive, worked awesome. the revolution is also a dewormer so you're killing two parasites with one stone. good luck!

A*lil*Loopy
11-17-2007, 11:16 AM
I also have tried something from the vet, can't remember what it was but sounds like what Leafs said and it had the residual action.
Worked great and would do it again if we ever encounter the same problem. Store bought stuff just doesn't seem to work nearly as well and you really don't want to have to question if it's working.

Spray the house while the pet is at the groomers sounds like a convenient option.

MelissaBrian
11-20-2007, 08:25 AM
thanks leafs....

will do it..

hp2
11-20-2007, 04:51 PM
There is also a spray you can buy at any pharmacy for lice, fleas etc, IT comes in a green and white can!! I do not remember the name of it. IT also works. I am extremely alergic to a flea bit. WHich they will bite and burrow under your skin this happened when I was a kid and thats what the dr told us to use. then My or our first appartment was infested with fleas and we had no animals!! that again is what the dr to me to use! and it works its about 9 dollars a can

autum1
11-20-2007, 08:42 PM
Front Line Plus , sold in the states, you can order on line and have it shipped to Weirs or pak n ship. Dogs.com has the product very reasonable if you have mutiple pets.

Kitty Angel
11-21-2007, 12:15 PM
this may seem weird...but our breeder suggested adding apple cider vinegar to the water...it changes the chemical composition of the blood or something....

we have been doing this for the past 3-4 weeks....and today I was brushing my cats..and I only found one flea on them.....compared to what I noticed b4 the vinegar, I was happily surprised......our dogs also have only one or two.