PDA

View Full Version : Birthday party for a girl

MikeyM
11-17-2007, 09:21 PM
Anyone have any ideas/suggestions for a birthday party for a 6 year old girl? Wondering if anyone has gone to the Rhodes or to Galaxy Cinema for the party? Thanks in advance.

11-17-2007, 09:33 PM
I attended the Queen E, for a younger girls birthday party, they swam had fun, and they have a decent size room for the event.

But nothing to help you /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Bouffer
11-17-2007, 11:01 PM
This isn't really a suggestion, its kind of a beware. I have a niece that turned 5 in august and my sister brought her and some friends to a lady that organizes parties for little girls. The whole idea sounded great! They were supposed to get their nails and hair done, served pizza, and you had to bring your own cake. It think it was like 30$ a kid. Anyways this lady said that there was no refund for kids that didn't show up, and at first my sister thought that was okay because she was expecting something really fun. Anyways the lady pretty much slapped in a movie fed them some pizza. put their hair in pony tails and made them necklaces with beads from the dollar store. She ended up paying this lady like 200$ and 4 kids showed up. The kids had an alright time but its so not worth the money. But it is an idea to do at home.... Lol Just don't bring your kids there!!

strawberry053
11-17-2007, 11:54 PM
Thanks for the heads up! I was thinking about having my daughter's next birthday party there. I recently had her party at one of the local bowling places, never will I do that again! It was just too hectic for me. Next time I'll either have the party at my house, or try the Queen E as well!

Sweet Little Sister
11-19-2007, 02:25 PM
i always found that 'at home' parties worked out better for the younger kids. choose a theme, feed them pizza, have chips and snacky things out, a couple organized games and just let them play on their own then give them a treat bag on their way home and they'll be happy.

my 9yr old had a bowling party last year and all the kids really enjoyed it.

when she was eight she picked two friends and we went to the show then shopped around the mall afterwards. we went to Dollarama and bought make-up and hair things so they could give each other make-overs at the sleepover. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif that was really fun for me too. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Maryms
11-19-2007, 02:28 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mikey M</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone have any ideas/suggestions for a birthday party for a 6 year old girl? Wondering if anyone has gone to the Rhodes or to Galaxy Cinema for the party? Thanks in advance.</div></div>

Pizza and Beer for the adults and as for the kids, well buy em a pop or two... /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

I know i am grouch today.. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

bluekrissyspikes
11-19-2007, 02:29 PM
i think kids probably still like mcdonalds parties....and there's at least a play room there....they keep the kids busy, it doesn't cost that much and someone else has to worry about the cake and the mess that gets left behind.

DOGWALKER1
11-19-2007, 02:32 PM
well for my friends daughters party we cheated played games and i brought all my talking parrots over to see the kids

Xzavia
11-19-2007, 03:10 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mikey M</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone have any ideas/suggestions for a birthday party for a 6 year old girl? Wondering if anyone has gone to the Galaxy Cinema for the party? Thanks in advance. </div></div>

Can get pricey, and hope you pick a movie that's going to keep them all interested for the whole time. Otherwise you end up with kids who won't sit still, or settle down while others still want to watch the movie.

My son had his there a few years ago, he was a couple years older and all the kids enjoyed it. We were there watching a movie last year during some kids b-day party, some of the young kids weren't interested in the movie and didn't want to sit patiently and wait for it to finish.

They have a room for afterwards, and make pretty decent pizza too! Make sure you have some spare cash to feed the games out front if you have to wait for some of the kids to show up too, otherwise you'll have complete mayhem with kids running all over the place! LOL...

Xzavia
11-19-2007, 03:12 PM
My daughter just went to one at the Rhodes, for a 5 year old's party. They did the gymnastics thing with pizza at Brody's afterwards. She said it was lots of fun.

Bufford
11-19-2007, 03:40 PM
why not ask the child for a couple ideas of what she would ilke to do then work around her ideas

EyelashExtensions
11-19-2007, 04:01 PM
If she is into girly-girl stuff than a princess party would be great for her age.

A*lil*Loopy
11-19-2007, 08:16 PM
Why not contact the Sault Gymnastics Club about a party? I do believe it has been mentioned to me by someone and it was a real hit. Lots of fun for the kids and they have instructors there for the kids.
Just a thought.

cam
11-19-2007, 10:19 PM
I had my 6 year olds party at the john rhodes pool. Rented the pool for an hour cost $100. 30 people could go in...20 kids an 10 adults. We also rented a room to have pizza, cake, crafts. The kids had a good tome..room cost $25 plus cost of food, decorating, loot bags. It was fun!! Busy but fun!