PDA

View Full Version : Geez, how stupid am I?

AngelOnHigh
11-17-2007, 11:04 PM
Ughh... a few months ago, my family got a puppy. A little white westie. She is really cute. A pain in my butt, but cute.

Tonight, family and I went to the pet store after lunch at Red Lobster and stupid us, we fell in love with another puppy!!! grrr.... lol. This time it is a mini schnauzer/toy fox terrier mix. So now we have two puppies. Chloe and our new addition, Trixie! Chloe is 9 months old, and Trixie is 10 weeks old. Between them, my 6 year old daughter and my immature husband... MY HANDS ARE FULL!!!!! lol

okay, while I was typing this... hubby is freaking out downstairs... lol. Time to get back to my little rats... lol.

Evangeline
11-17-2007, 11:07 PM
you bought a mixed breed from a pet store?
yeah that is dumb, it probably came from a puppy mill.

italiandomino
11-17-2007, 11:17 PM
What Evengeline is trying to say is ... "Please don't hurt the puppy have make it into a hot dog"

Macs II
11-17-2007, 11:23 PM
Get rid of them puppies

terr994
11-17-2007, 11:42 PM
yeah 2 dogs is a handful for sure, specially puppies.

AngelOnHigh
11-17-2007, 11:46 PM
I have no idea what Evengeline is trying to say... i have had that user on ignore for a long time.

The good thing about puppies is that they are not only cute, they are great with kids. My daughter is loving them. Trixie is soooo cute too... lol. and she is so not taking any bs from chloe... it is too cute.

Macs II
11-17-2007, 11:50 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Angel On High</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have no idea what Evengeline is trying to say... i have had that user on ignore for a long time.

The good thing about puppies is that they are not only cute, they are great with kids. My daughter is loving them. Trixie is soooo cute too... lol. and she is so not taking any bs from chloe... it is too cute. </div></div>

yeah puppies are cute but when they grow up their not so cute anymore lol

AngelOnHigh
11-17-2007, 11:52 PM
awww, that isn't true about dogs... just cats... lol.

SusyQ
11-17-2007, 11:53 PM
Congrats Angel and don't mind the dog haters their just jealous.

kitty&mimi
11-18-2007, 10:01 AM
cute
have fun with your puppies, life is too short to complain!
nevermind the complainers

Lollypop
11-18-2007, 10:51 AM
We haven't had puppies in the house for years, my daughter bought a Boston, and I am almost tempted to get another one to keep him company.
We had to put our old girl down and she was great with kittens,and puppies, my poodle can't be bothered. Our cats are tired of being chew toys.
Good for you, at least at your house it will never be boring.

AngelOnHigh
11-18-2007, 12:08 PM
I love the puppies... lol. the best thing about them, the get along!!! lol.

tippikitty
11-18-2007, 09:45 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Evangeline</div><div class="ubbcode-body">you bought a mixed breed from a pet store?
yeah that is dumb, it probably came from a puppy mill. </div></div>

I have to agree with you. Most puppies from pet stores even if they are purebred come from puppy mills.

everywoman
11-18-2007, 10:01 PM
I'm just playing devils advocate here...not trying to stir up crap. So...say the puppys come from a puppy mill....if they don't get adopted by anyone from a pet store, what happens to them? Isn't it better that they get adopted, rather than destroyed because it's not being adopted and no one wants it?

I don't think comsumers are going to be able to stop these mills simply by not buying puppies that they "think" may be from a puppy mill.

tippikitty
11-18-2007, 10:36 PM
Actually if people stopped buying from pet store then pet store would have no customers so they wouldn't purchase these puppies from the mills and then maybe the mills would slow down or stop breeding puppies because there isn't any pet store buying them because the public finally took a stand and started to make a difference.

You have to start to make a difference somewhere. Why not pet stores. Every little bit helps in the long run.

tippikitty
11-18-2007, 10:40 PM
It's not a problem your going to fix over night but we have to start somewhere.

Remember Rome wasn't built in a day. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

everywoman
11-19-2007, 01:18 AM
That's true... both of your posts...

AngelOnHigh
11-19-2007, 01:35 AM
thankfully, our pet stores are not puppy mills. the state is very watchful of that kind of thing... and there is only ONE pet store that has puppies. Our pet store is one that we can get our papers from AKA. the best thing about this place is we know the persons name that bread the puppies and the parents of the puppies. that information MUST be given. this STOPS puppy mills.

so, I know my dog is NOT a puppy mill dog.

autum1
11-19-2007, 07:40 AM
What is AKA?

everywoman
11-19-2007, 08:28 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Angel On High</div><div class="ubbcode-body">thankfully, our pet stores are not puppy mills. the state is very watchful of that kind of thing... and there is only ONE pet store that has puppies. Our pet store is one that we can get our papers from AKA. the best thing about this place is we know the persons name that bread the puppies and the parents of the puppies. that information MUST be given. this STOPS puppy mills.

so, I know my dog is NOT a puppy mill dog. </div></div>

Cool!

AngelOnHigh
11-19-2007, 09:31 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: summer1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is AKA? </div></div>

american kennel association

the are also part of the american kennel club

DogsRule
11-19-2007, 10:51 AM
Actually...I hate to be the downer here..but lots of puppy millers can come from "registered breeders" and breeders that sell their dogs to pet stores are actually not reputable at all. Just because papers accompany a dog, really means nothing.

And mutts (or mix breeds...whatever) cannot be registered with the AKC. So if you do have papers for this puppy, I would check to make sure that they are not fake...as that does happen a lot in the dog world with unethical people.

Personally, no I would never ever buy from a pet store. There is no way to truely know the background or investigate the breeder, and most times you end up paying more.

Otherwise, have fun with your pups

AngelOnHigh
11-19-2007, 02:05 PM
i can register my first puppy with AKA, she is a pure bred. this newest one, I can't.

Getting the puppies from this place, is really not that bad. I guess when you are used to getting them from the pound, that is all you know. We do have a pound here... but I am sorry, I don't want a dog that has been beaten so badly it will attack... ( i dont live in the sault... there are some mean people out in the rest of the world) We did not pay much for this puppy... what we did pay for was the microchip that is in her to help find her if she is missing... we paid for the shots and that is about it. Dogs can run a high price there, but it really depends on the breed. I would rather buy from there then the newspaper. That IS where the puppy mill people sell their dogs... there and sometimes on the side of the road.

orchid
11-19-2007, 04:52 PM
i didn't realize mixed breeds had papers...good to know i guess

GRUMPY
11-19-2007, 04:57 PM
?????

AngelOnHigh
11-19-2007, 05:21 PM
the mix breeds are not registerable... we just have all the paper work on who the owner is and who the parents are. gee

DogsRule
11-19-2007, 06:04 PM
Ya confused a few of us when you said you can get papers from this petstore for the AKA, we all assumed that you meant for your mix breed.

Puppy millers will advertise every where, pet stores, online, in the newspapers, on the side of the road, etc. They will also sell to brokers and to pet stores. Real sad thing really. Many of these dogs are not very well cared for. I think at least ONCE in everyones life, they should see what a puppy mill looks like for themselves. Overly dirty homes, unkept living arrangements for their dogs, dogs extremely thin or starving, health issues, an overabundance of dogs, etc. A puppy miller has to be by far the worst "breeder" type out there, with the back yard breeder a very close second.

Not all dogs who are in the humane societys are beaten, and not all of them will attack. The majority of overly aggressive dogs are put down before they even get a chance to go to the adoption side. Though a couple do slip through the cracks.

A lot of people figure their dogs were beaten when their dog shys away from them, but they really don't take the WHOLE picture into consideration. Body language itself can make your dog shy away from you too, among a zillion other things.