PDA

View Full Version : Chest Pains

Add
11-18-2007, 01:00 PM
Someone I know keeps having chest pains. She says they're like stabbing pains and she's been getting them pretty frequently for the last few weeks. The problem is she can't afford to see a doctor since she's not covered by OHIP.

Anyone had anything similar to these and what did the doctor tell you if you saw one about them.

blueeyedgirl
11-18-2007, 01:10 PM
I would tell her to go and see a Dr.
My son was not covered by OHIP for a few years and the cost were actually not that bad. When or If they send you a bill (there were times i did not get one) you can pay it little by little.
Chest pains can be a real serious matter so i would tell her to go.

Jackie B
11-18-2007, 02:59 PM
I used to get stabbing chest pains all the time when I was on the birth control pill, and haven't had them once in the 10 years I've been off the pill. Not sure if it's related, but I thought it was interesting once I realized it was the pill giving me the pains.

MagicFingers
11-18-2007, 04:31 PM
Regardless if you are or aren't covered by OHIP, being covered or not is not going to make a difference if your dead. Chest pains is not something to fool around with and ask people on a message board about. Chest pains could be any number of things. And even though someone here on the board may have had what you think is the same symptoms could be very different causes.

LIKETOWIN
11-18-2007, 06:15 PM
she should go to emerg thats not someting to play with, it can be she is getting warning signs of a heart attack or it is also symptoms of a hienius hernia,, my hasband just had another heart attack he had severe chest pain for hours and i did loose him for seconds they brought him back to me thank god.he had chest pains days before and ignored it tjhought they would go away he said they did go away when he had the massive heart attack, but thats too long to wait.

DogsRule
11-18-2007, 06:23 PM
It could also be heartburn or panic attacks! But most def see a dr.

mags
11-19-2007, 01:15 PM
There are many causes of chest pains she needs to see a Dr. If she is a canadian she is covered by health care.