PDA

View Full Version : Zits....

MelissaBrian
11-19-2007, 03:46 PM
Ok anyone have any luck on getting rid of these annoying appearances!!!
What is it you use ?
please tell me!?

ty.

Xzavia
11-19-2007, 06:54 PM
Eating healthy and showering/washing your face well everyday prevents them.

Broken
11-19-2007, 06:58 PM
it's usually hormones and not dirty skin. that's why teenagers get them.

Chaotic Chick
11-19-2007, 07:31 PM
I only get zits when I get my period, so it must be a hormonal thing for me, at least. I think it is for my 11 year old daughter too. I have tried EVERYTHING for her and she has still had acne for over a year. She tried using the Biore stuff that I use on my face (works great for me) and it didn't do a thing for her. One of my best friends told me he uses Proactive, so I am going to get that for her this week. I feel so bad for her. If one or two zits a month bothers me, a face full of acne for an 11 year old has to be Hell!

kitty&mimi
11-19-2007, 08:54 PM
after i started using my clarins toner my skin cleared up totally
maybe i just needed that little "boost" but my skin is clear now! and has been since i started that toner

kitca
11-19-2007, 09:39 PM
we were having problems with our daughters skin. we tried tons of stuff. what we found works the best is "severe acne treatment" from walmart across the river. they have a similar one "acne free" here on this side, and it says to compare to proactive, but the severe works really well. all your teen will need to do is remember to use it regularily! oh, its alot cheaper too, only about $24. for the kit, and it lasts 5-6 weeks or so.

LettuceLady
11-19-2007, 10:00 PM
Witch hazel face wash is amazing. Its actually good for acne and Olay makes a creamy wash with it in it. I always exfoliate and moisturize daily. Taking really good care of your skin makes a huge difference. I hade acne a few years back and had to see a dermatologist. The creams they prescribed made my skin so dry so I quite using them. I use anti-aging products daily and my skin hasnt been this nice iny ears. I find that when I drink pop, I break out.
I hope this helps /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

kitty&mimi
11-20-2007, 12:12 PM
i saw on a flyer or something u can get proactive for 19.95usd
not a bad deal!

Evangeline
11-20-2007, 02:33 PM
the clinique astingent is excellent and has witch hazel in it.
I've used it for years whenever I'm breaking out.

kitty&mimi
11-20-2007, 06:10 PM
the clarins is for combination/oily skin and has iris in it
i swear my skin is clear again
just like when i was on the pill
and that's saying lots!

Broken
11-20-2007, 09:01 PM
You think you have a zit.....warning very gross; you probably won't even make it though the whole video.

http://www.slide.com/r/hG8JsnhA1D8cVk5ClyEc1zvBbeUumwNE

LettuceLady
11-20-2007, 10:33 PM
I saw that om Facebook and no, I didnt get very far. Freakn' NASTY!

MelissaBrian
11-21-2007, 04:30 PM
nasty lmao!

HBomb
11-27-2007, 02:38 PM
I'm on a 4 month course of Accutane right now. I hope it works, all these topical creams and antibiotics haven't done a thing for me.

kitca
11-27-2007, 09:10 PM
let us know hbomb, i hear its heavy duty, and it works.

Jackie B
11-27-2007, 10:03 PM
Yeah, just make sure you don't get pregnant while taking it (unless you're a guy of course). It's knkow for causing severe birth defects.

HBomb
11-30-2007, 01:59 PM
I'm a guy, so I don't have to worry about that.

HBomb
12-29-2007, 01:21 AM
Just thought I'd give a little update...

Finished 1 month so far. The first 2 weeks were hell, I broke out like mad, worse than I ever have before. It actually hurt to make any facial movements because my chin, cheeks and nose were covered in zits. It was pretty horrible, I missed practically every day of school during that time because of it.

But that went away and for the last 2 weeks my face has been good. I've only had about 4 or 5 medium sized zits.

I'm not saying I'm already good to go though, I'm just assuming I'm having a good 2 weeks with the Accutane. I could probably break out within the next week or two...

Only side effects I've experienced so far are dry skin and dry lips, and I mean DRY.

kitca
12-30-2007, 12:19 AM
hey, thanks for the update, and im glad you seem to be getting better. glad there are no side effects. you are lucky to me male and not have the monthly hormones play havoc with your skin!

heintzman
12-30-2007, 01:47 AM
has anyone ever tried the overnite treatment from Avon,, along with their daily cleanser and toner,, we love it!! 5 star!! try it!! I am in my forties, and i have a teenage daughter, we both swear by it!!

Babzz
01-04-2008, 10:51 PM
I was told today golden seal in bulk mixed with witch hazel. apply it with a cotton ball on the zits

HBomb
01-31-2008, 08:45 PM
Well I've been on Accutane for 2+ months now and I've been clear (no zits) for a whole month. I've NEVER been acne free for this long...

kitca
02-01-2008, 10:20 AM
good for you! glad to know it works. are you having any side affects?

KRP
02-01-2008, 11:09 AM
I had a bad problem with acne after I had my daughter this summer and had an IUD put in. The change in my hormones from giving birth and the hormones from the IUD was too much and I broke out bad. I decided that since nothing I had here worked to try Proactiv. I ordered it and within 2 weeks my face was completely clear. It's been 5 1/2 mths of using Proactiv and I use it maybe one or twice a week and use my normal oil free acne wash (neutrogena) every day. I'm lucky if I get one or two pimples when my period comes around and nothing else the rest of the month.

You can get a trial kit from Proactiv, with taxes and shipping you're looking at paying approx. $28. They say it's only a month trial but the trial kit lasted me almost 3 mths and that was using it twice a day. I found that a little amount of the products went a long way which is a good thing.

HBomb
02-01-2008, 12:55 PM
I've experienced dry lips, dry sky, dry nose, soreness and tiredness from Accutane but I think its worth it.