PDA

View Full Version : Northern Pools & Fireplaces

kathy590
11-19-2007, 09:52 PM
I can't beleive the amazing service I got from this place. I contacted them because I needed a part for my sand filter. I went to the place I bought it from, put the part on the desk, and the guy said he had never seen that before in his life,said it must be from a small filter (in otherwords a Canadian tire pool). I told him, thats funny, I bought the pool here. They called a couple of days later and said they would be unable to get the part, call them in the spring and they would see what they could do. I didnt want to wait until the spring only to find out I would probably have to replace the whole filter, so I contacted a guy named Marc at Northern Pools and fireplaces. He went above and beyond the call of duty to get me that part (not an easy part to find considering Jacuzzi does'nt do pool filters anymore. I did'nt even buy the pool there. I nursed that filter along all summer knowing something was wrong, but not wanting to shut the pool down midsummer. The place I bought the pool from told me over the phone there was probably nothing wrong with it, and as long as I didnt have a large pile of sand in the pool, I was probably not backwashing it properly, they didnt even come out and look at it, even though I was willing to pay for a service call. I told him this isn't my first year taking care of a pool, I have never seen this before, they still did'nt take me seriously. I didnt even know where Northern Pools was, I had to look for it, i just talked to Marc over email and on the phone. When I went in there, they greeted me like I was a long time customer and I had never bought a thing there. I just think this is something everyone should know if they are considering any kind of product they sell, go and take a look around, the service is second to none.

GRUMPY
11-19-2007, 10:14 PM
Thats great and a prime example why "some" stores don't have to fear their customers going across the bridge. Myself personally I would deal with this store or any others like it,you give me service and I'll deal with you but don't blow smoke up my backside about how I have to deal with you because you're Canadian or that you're a neighbor of mine. I'll keep them in mind for all my pool supplies next year.

kathy590
11-19-2007, 10:58 PM
Honestly, I had to research on the internet to find out what was wrong with the filter. I knew it was'nt working right, it was'nt circulating properly, I was shooting a ton of sand in the pool after I backwashed,yet my gauge was where it should be, but apparently according to the dealer I bought it from, there was nothing wrong with it, although they never ever looked at it. When we emptied the sand and took it apart, there was clearly something wrong with it, the piece I needed had at least one hole in it, probably more, and it was loaded with dirt. Trouble was, my filter was different than most, it had a different underdrain in it, and it wasn't easy to find. Northern Pools did'nt have to even bother with me considering I never spent a dime in there store, I can assure you, I will now.

GRUMPY
11-19-2007, 11:01 PM
Could you PM who you bought it off of so I don't go there for anything?

kathy590
11-20-2007, 08:31 AM
Sent you a PM

Hope
11-20-2007, 09:58 AM
This is the only place that we'll do business with now. The other place gave us a bum rap big time.

The Piper
11-20-2007, 10:08 AM
Nice to see somebody is pleased with these guys. I attempted to get a gas insert from there. I got 3 different reasons why the guy was 1-1/2 hours late for an "appointment" and I'm still waiting for my estimate. It's ok though, a new insert is being installed next week by another supplier. Lousy service...won't go back!!!

nightingale
11-20-2007, 10:52 AM
I am also looking to get a gas insert as well as a hot tub. From reading these reviews I will make them one of our first stops!

GRUMPY
11-20-2007, 12:42 PM
Thats whom I thought you were talking about as I've had dealings with them too.