PDA

View Full Version : Can asian people have non-asian children?

mercifulpenguin
11-22-2007, 09:43 PM
Like, a Caucasian and an Asian, is there any chance of a caucasian child? I'm not worried about it, I just had a debate about it and couldnt find anything regarding it on google. I thought it was like, a dominant gene. I hope no one takes this the wrong way and gets offended. (As often happens around here...lol)

kitty&mimi
11-22-2007, 09:51 PM
the child would be part caucasian and part asian

italiandomino
11-22-2007, 09:55 PM
i would love to be with an asian chic for one night

someguy
11-22-2007, 09:55 PM
If I remember from univerisity classes the asian gene would take precedence over the caucasian.

italiandomino
11-22-2007, 10:00 PM
did you hire that red head that you interviewed the other night ?

hp2
11-22-2007, 10:08 PM
I have one friend who is of the asian or chinese decent and his wife is caucasian and there child is most defently the asian or chinese decent. Not to sure which of it they are. IS that what you mean.

Kittie
11-22-2007, 11:00 PM
Asian is Chinese, just to clarify that hp2.
Asia = the continent that China and Japan and those places are on, thus Asia people = Asian.

italiandomino
11-22-2007, 11:17 PM
Kittie has been paying attention in class finally

Kittie
11-22-2007, 11:20 PM
LOL!

yes, I have.

/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/beerchug.gif

mercifulpenguin
11-22-2007, 11:25 PM
ya i wasnt questioning asian/chinese, same thing, lol
still seems unclear... i've just never seen an asian couple with a caucasian looking child

Kittie
11-22-2007, 11:28 PM
lol i know.

Have you watched the show, John and Kate + 8?
They have 8 kids, and the mother is Caucasian, and dad is Asian, and all 8 of there kids look Asian.

msmiths
11-22-2007, 11:40 PM
My brother is Caucasian, his wife is Phillipino

Their child is not at all Caucasian Looking

Barney Rubble
11-23-2007, 12:15 AM
ya know, Chinese kids are bout the smartest kids going!
2 years old & they already know Chinese!!

SusyQ
11-23-2007, 12:17 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kittie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">lol i know.

Have you watched the show, John and Kate + 8?
They have 8 kids, and the mother is Caucasian, and dad is Asian, and all 8 of there kids look Asian. </div></div>

I love that show!!!!

goodasgold
11-23-2007, 01:08 AM
My bil is white and his wife is Chinese. Their son looks Chinese, just like his Chinese cousins. The only thing his is hair. His dad was blond growing up and he seems to have a light brown hair instead of the black. In a few pics I have of him, he looks almost blond.

The 6th Member Of AC/DC
11-23-2007, 03:18 AM
Interesting

b&aMom
11-23-2007, 09:21 AM
That's really cool, I never knew the gene that makes people appear "Asian" was dominant. I know of a couple, he looks Caucasian, she looks Asian, and all their kids look Asian. Never thought about it before. I would have thought it would have been like with Caucasians and Blacks, where the child could look like either parent, or like a mix. Are there other races this happens with, where the child will definitely look like one parent with the dominant gene? Or is Asian the only one? I wonder if the "Asian" appearing kids will grow up to have "Asian looking" kids if they mate with a Caucasian, or is the appearance "watered down", so to speak?

blueeyedgirl
11-23-2007, 09:38 AM
My cousin had a child with an asian man and one child with a black man. The child she had with the asian man has blond hair like our side of the family and the skin is not as dark as asians but not completely white. You can see the asian in the eyes though but that is about it. My other cousin who's father is black she is really really black with very dark curly hair.

Maryms
11-23-2007, 09:40 AM
Asian people are more dominant then Caucasian people. Why do you think the USA had to steal (Asian) technology for years to play catch up.

Face it people white folk as just Dumb when it comes to other cultures.

kathy590
11-23-2007, 10:01 AM
I know a girl married to an Asian guy, they have 2 of the most beautiful kids I ever saw in my life.

Maryms
11-23-2007, 10:09 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deedolls</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I know a girl married to an Asian guy, they have 2 of the most beautiful kids I ever saw in my life.</div></div>

Ok so were they Pickaneese, White, Asain, Blue or a Heinz Mixup?

$Spendbender$
11-23-2007, 10:43 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kitty&mimi</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the child would be part caucasian and part asian </div></div>

No kidding.

I don't know if you're being sarcastic or not, but I hope so. You seem to be the only one who understands fractions..lol

I think it goes without saying that a child born of caucasian and asian parentage would share both genes. The question would then be which would the child look like. ...of which either is possible.

If a child were born of a french mother and an italian father then the child would not be either french or italian but rather a combination of both.

So I guess the answer to your question "Can asian people have non-asian children?" would be no.

I know a couple who are both white and have two Chinese daughters. Figure that one out.

Maryms
11-23-2007, 10:52 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: $SpendBender$</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I know a couple who are both white and have two Chinese daughters. Figure that one out.
</div></div>

They adopted them... lol

$Spendbender$
11-23-2007, 10:52 AM
/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Striker
11-23-2007, 10:57 AM
caucasian........cauc / asian

For the peoples actually from the Caucasus, see Peoples of the Caucasus.

Huxley's map of racial categories from On the Geographical Distribution of the Chief Modifications of Mankind (1870). Caucasians, marked in red, are identified as occupants of Europe, North Africa and the Middle East, through to Northern India.
Meyers Blitz-Lexikon (Leipzig, 1932) divides "Caucasiod types" into: Nordic, Dinaric, Mediterranean, Alpine, East Baltic, Turks, Bedouins, Afghan.
Georgian girl (1881 photograph).
The famed exemplary Georgian skull Blumenbach discovered in 1795 to hypothesize origination of Europeans from the Caucasus.The Caucasian race, sometimes called the Master race,[1][2] is defined by the Compact Oxford English Dictionary of Current English as "relating to a broad division of humankind covering peoples from Europe, Western Asia, and parts of India and North Africa" or "white-skinned; of European origin" or "relating to the region of the Caucasus in SE Europe".[3] The concept originated in attempts chiefly by 19th c. European thinkers to develop a method of racial classification. This typological method was discredited and the concept is not relied on in scientific work related to humans.[4][5]

People in Europe, especially in Russia and nearby, generally use the term "Caucasian" exclusively to identify people who are from the Caucasus region or who speak the Caucasian languages.

Maryms
11-23-2007, 10:59 AM
Yes white folk must admit they came from asian decent, look at the latter part = Decent, white folk are the lower species... lol

Striker
11-23-2007, 11:02 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NuGcAt-SiSyRc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes white folk must admit they came from asian decent, look at the latter part = Decent, white folk are the lower species... lol </div></div>

I thought scientist traced DNA back to Africa.

Maryms
11-23-2007, 11:14 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: East</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NuGcAt-SiSyRc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes white folk must admit they came from asian decent, look at the latter part = Decent, white folk are the lower species... lol </div></div>

I thought scientist traced DNA back to Africa.</div></div>

They did and found out that the DNA from back then was very similar to Asian DNA found today.. seriously i am not BSing.

I do believe it was more like Mongolian Decent.

Striker
11-23-2007, 11:18 AM
I'm sure the rednecks will love to hear this.

GRUMPY
11-23-2007, 12:05 PM
No I think Mad Max has already heard about it.

Maryms
11-23-2007, 12:17 PM
MadMax reads everything and i am sure he has pointed out many times who is a redneck in this BBS board and it is surely not him.

kitty&mimi
11-23-2007, 12:42 PM
emily yeung on treehouse, her father is asian her mother is caucasian, i wouldnt have thought that looking at emily

MelissaBrian
11-23-2007, 12:44 PM
lmao...sure

11-23-2007, 03:46 PM
Out of the three major races, caucasian is at the bottom of the list.

1 Asian, 2 Negroid, 3 Caucasian.

The race, take precedence in that order. Which ever race is higher takes a bigger impact on how the child would look.

1 and 3 = Will look more asian.
1 and 2 = Umm Tiger Woods.
2 and 3 = Darker Caucasian.

In reality, the caucasian blood line have been tainted many times over in the past thousand years. Alot of the most beautiful women in this world, have non-tained lineage. Meaning, their race is the same, generation after generation. Not just race, but ethnicity as well.

Tutones
11-23-2007, 05:42 PM
I think the question itself is racially skewed.

I think that any person growing up in a predominantly Asian Culture would look at a mixed race Asian/Caucasian child and see the Caucasian genes as being predominant because these features would be more obviously different thant the majority of people they see. They would view these same children as being Caucasian children of the parents and not Asian.

In our society we are quicker to notice the Asian features that dominate and not so much the Caucasion ones.

In any case, there is no one single gene that someone passes on to make someone 'Asian'. It is a complex combination of dominant and recessive traits from both parents that make a child unique, regardless of race.

Maryms
11-23-2007, 06:02 PM
I am a white asian person.

kitty&mimi
11-23-2007, 10:01 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: $SpendBender$</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kitty&mimi</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the child would be part caucasian and part asian </div></div>

No kidding.

I don't know if you're being sarcastic or not, but I hope so. You seem to be the only one who understands fractions..lol

I think it goes without saying that a child born of caucasian and asian parentage would share both genes. The question would then be which would the child look like. ...of which either is possible.

If a child were born of a french mother and an italian father then the child would not be either french or italian but rather a combination of both.

So I guess the answer to your question "Can asian people have non-asian children?" would be no.

I know a couple who are both white and have two Chinese daughters. Figure that one out.

</div></div>

ya well i was kinda being sarcastic
lol
didnt know if he meant physical traits, like outward appearances ....overall, (obviously) the child would have traits from both parents, physically i guess whatever is more dominant...and that i dont know about all that genetic, biological stuff, although it is interesting

Macs II
11-23-2007, 10:04 PM
Isn't it also true that when one of the parents is black the child is almost always black or more black than white?