PDA

View Full Version : Maybe someone can answer this question for me...

Quick Slice
11-24-2007, 04:05 PM
K, I use torrents all the time, and always with utorrent.. however, lately, everything I seem to want to download, whether it be movies, games, programs, anything, it isn't going to the utorrent program, it's saying that it's a LimeWire program or something, and making me download whatever i'm downloading from LimeWire program.
I use limewire only for songs, and i'm really hoping that someone can help me with this problem..
by the way, it doesn't matter what site I use... torrentspy, thepiratebay, mininova, etc. \

What can i do?
please help.

Thanks.

Checking back periodically.

Add
11-24-2007, 04:21 PM
download a torrent, right click the torrent.. go to properties, then change the program it always opens with to utorrent

Quick Slice
11-24-2007, 04:27 PM
you mean start downloading anything, where it goes to the limewire program, and then right click choose properties, and change that over?

Quick Slice
11-24-2007, 04:34 PM
negative, there is no option anywhere and ive tried hitting properties on everything I can.

Same dam problem

washawee
11-24-2007, 04:37 PM
what he meant is.. download a torrent to your desktop. The .tor file, then do what he said.

Quick Slice
11-24-2007, 10:55 PM
Sweet, got it working now, thanks so much for your help guys!!

Strife
11-24-2007, 11:28 PM
What was going on was Limewire was your default program to open .torrent files. I think you'll see this issue come up every time you open Limewire as I had the same problem with Ares. There should be an option in Limewire to make it so that it doesnt manage torrent files.

\m/ Rich \m/
11-25-2007, 07:59 AM
uninstall limewire!

lol

Maryms
11-25-2007, 10:08 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: \m/ Rich \m/</div><div class="ubbcode-body">uninstall limewire!

lol</div></div>

That would have been one solution but the other one she did was better as she can use both programs the way she did it now and choose music to only open with limewire.

I personally would never use limewire or any of those music downlaod programs.

Torrents can be found everywhere for music albums across the internet if you know how to search for them.

Just type something like ..... AC/DC torrent in google or whatever music you like.