PDA

View Full Version : parenting question

MissMuffett
11-25-2007, 11:23 AM
do u agree with the statement that all children that are born first are smarter than their siblings becuase they have more one on one time.. ??
I personally disagree with this statement beucase no matter how many kids you may have,and i understand every kid is differnet, but they all should be getting one on one time and as long as the parent sticks to it i think all kids are possible of anything!!

kuietgrl (got lost)
11-25-2007, 11:29 AM
I don't agree. I'm the youngest and I'm a heck of a lot smarter than my brother haha j/k He got a HECK of a lot more attention than me because he was so needy and stuff...but I would say I was better off with that deal because I'm more independant.

Tutones
11-25-2007, 11:30 AM
I totally disagree. My youngest is far ahead of his brother developmentally in comparison to where he was at the same age.
My oldest walked early but didn't speak a word until his 2nd birthday. My youngest started talking at 12 months and hasn't stopped since. I think younger children learn from older siblings, as well, and progress faster. Every child is different and if treated equally they should all progress in the same ways.

Personally I think my youngest is more independent simply because there are two of them. My oldest is resistant to doing things for himself because we did everything for him until his brother came along...

Maryms
11-25-2007, 11:52 AM
I don't agree as the first born could be a child with learning difficulties, so how can the statement be true. The second child can also be a brainiac in school where as the first child is smart, but just can't do all the work fast enough.

If the children are getting equal time they should be able to progress equally unless there is a learning problem with one of them.

kuietgrl (got lost)
11-25-2007, 12:02 PM
I didn't get equal time /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif I got significantly LESS time but I'm not dumb...far from it. Although I'm sure some will disagree with that...

J*B
11-25-2007, 12:26 PM
Nope, don't agree with that one!

katste11
11-25-2007, 01:00 PM
I don't agree with that one either.