PDA

View Full Version : Thought this was interesting....

Auntymow
11-26-2007, 12:22 PM
I didn't know this but if there was a fire at customs on the U.S. side, or even at the duty free shop, the firetrucks would have to pay at the toll booth to go through to get to the fire???

This happened last night when someone I knew was going through back to the states. Isn't that strange?? /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif

A*lil*Loopy
11-26-2007, 12:39 PM
You would think that there would be some exceptions for special circumstances.....like a fire right there. Wow.

terr994
11-26-2007, 02:10 PM
HAHA!!!!!

Evangeline
11-26-2007, 02:19 PM
they were talking about this on the news the other night,
a man in windsor was having a heart attack there were circumstances that made it so they had to take him to detroit for treatment, the ambulance was pulled in to the questioning area, it was searched and while the guy is in pain they are asking him "is such and such your real name??" Because of the delay he had another heart attack!

And they were talking about a fire in the states, and it was so bad that quebec sent their fire trucks to help, they were REFUSED ENTRY! They were going to help them, but they wouldn't let them across the border, stupidity.

The fires in california, the only canadians allowed to help were the planes that drop water, they figured the rest would be too hard on border crossing, to much of a risk.

durr.

Karen-Annie
11-26-2007, 02:49 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Evangeline</div><div class="ubbcode-body">they were talking about this on the news the other night,
a man in windsor was having a heart attack there were circumstances that made it so they had to take him to detroit for treatment, the ambulance was pulled in to the questioning area, it was searched and while the guy is in pain they are asking him "is such and such your real name??" Because of the delay he had another heart attack!

And they were talking about a fire in the states, and it was so bad that quebec sent their fire trucks to help, they were REFUSED ENTRY! They were going to help them, but they wouldn't let them across the border, stupidity.

The fires in california, the only canadians allowed to help were the planes that drop water, they figured the rest would be too hard on border crossing, to much of a risk.

durr. </div></div>

I feel I have to correct some misinformation in this post.
(1) The man from Windsor did NOT have another heart attack.But the 3 or more minutes they were held up,including making the ambulance driver get out and open the back doors so the US border guards could check the back and question the patient DID put added stress on a heart patient AND everyone knows that every second without heart muscle getting adequate blood flow increases the damage to the heart muscle.

(2) The Canadian fire depatment vehicles were NOT denied entry.They were held up for over 15 minutes during which time the historic inn was leveled.Had they got waved through they might have been able to help save at least some of the structure.

There MUST be some mechanism in place for these sorts of events....but reading the pronouncements that come from the top American officials responsible for homeland security,I wouldn't hold my breath.

Jackie B
11-26-2007, 03:11 PM
I've never heard of incidents like this until the last couple of weeks. I hope this sounds off alarm bells to the rockets scientists responsible for the soon to be need for passports to cross the border.