Default Re: My heart aches

I'm guessing the Reserve?
    Somewhere in a lonely hotel room
    there’s a guy starting to realize
    That eternal fate has turned it's back on him
    It's two a.m.

Becoming a Regular Here

i posted in the forums at kijiji and emailed the contact kijiji people.

if she lives out of town or on the reserve maybe the local law enforcement agency there can do something about it. especially if she is trying to get another animal...it would be horrible to think that another innocent animal may end up suffering because of her. will the vet do or say something to back you up? they have seen the animal and maybe a professional opinion would be helpful in an investigation.

you did a good thing for that poor little dog.

I live outside of town but to the north thats really why I was asking.
    But your right either north or east of the city will not be in the juristiction of the H/S

You did the right thing regardless! I'm glad the little man found you!
    Attitude is contagious - is your's worth catching?
    The heaviest thing you can carry is a grudge..
    Make peace with your past, so it wont spoil the present

Becoming a Regular Here

hows the little guy doin kiijii deleted her adds finally.

Bo has a rocking chair beside my computer chair that he is content to lay in and have a chewy. He is being neutered on Wed.
    He hasen't pooped in the house in a few days, piddling, well, its not as bad as it was but still an issue. I am not sure if he has a bladder infection from the cold, or marking after coming back in the house. We are making belly bands tonight.
    Another major issue we are working on is meal time aggression. I am trying to fatten him up and giving him puppy food. My poodle is 13 and has always been free fed, this little guy gobbles his food and actually almost attacked me today when I took it away.

I don't want to sound holier then thou, but I am feeling a little bitter right now, but as much as I love all of my animals, I am resentful of people for casting them out like rejects. And, having to pick the pieces up afterwards.
    Of the 6 that I have owned, now its 5, 1 cat was a drop off at the HS, 1 from a breeder that was given to me, 1 was found on the street at maybe a few weeks old, 1 dog was bought from a breeder, another was brought home because of atrocious living conditions and you all know Bo's story.
    Responsible pet owners can only do so much, when are the rest of the pet owners going to catch on.

I can't stop thinking about this poor baby. I'm so glad you have enough love in your heart for him.
    Somewhere in a lonely hotel room
    there’s a guy starting to realize
    That eternal fate has turned it's back on him
    It's two a.m.

well i know i have three little ones who have had not such a pretty time, but in the week i have had them in my home playing with my girls, they are different pups, dogs have no memory of bad things when good stuff is happening`! THANK GAWD

nucomm, i do think that dogs have a memory of the past. my honey was a starved dog and she still eats like a starved dog after 2 years that ive had her. the rescue cats too, even after a few years they still eat like they will neveer eat again.

what little ones do you have with you? do i remember you posting about it?

Sorry Nucomm, but I would have to disagree. Angel was a shep/collie mix who when I first met her was in an outdoor pen. This was in January,the people who had the pups weren't exactly sure when they were born. Once I brought her home we had to show her how to eat/drink out of bowls. Till the very end she always had anxiety issues.
    Skye who we had gotten from the HS is a food hog, she acts like every meal is her last. We can't walk by the food bowl without filling it whether it is full or not. She also is a bit of a bully.
    Baby who was found wandering the streets, tries to escape every chance he gets, no matter what the weather conditions.

I really hope the pups you have are able to adjust.
    Maybe by the time the ones I have came to my home they were set in their ways.

GRUMPY

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lollypop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    Skye who we had gotten from the HS is a food hog, she acts like every meal is her last. </div></div>

Every dog is different when it comes to eating , the one I have now (Millie) is a very picky eater but what she eats she eats fast. While the Beagle I had before her ate almost anything (no zucchini)but he ate very slow and savored each mouthful as he loved nothing more than a good meal.

Guru Power Poster

I have to agree. Ivan has never been denied food a day in his life. Never been starved or even hungry, for that matter...yet that boy guards his food and gulps it down like it's his first meal in months! Stella is the dominant dog and even she won't go near him and is extremely careful when he has food.
    Busy. Irritated. Leave me alone.

Ok I remembered this post when talkign to a coworker of mine, she is from teh reserve and I asked her about the humane society and jurisdiction. She said they had their own animal control out on the reserve but if you were to call the anishinawbea...Ims oooo sorry for the mis spelling but the police on the reserve they would look into the animal cruelty or atleast point you in the right direction to make your complaint.
    MagicFingers

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information