Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 28 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it haunted??

Hybrid View

Default Is it haunted??

I was recently in St. Catherines on vacation and one of my friends was telling me about this haunted tunnel that was in the area and i really wanted to check it out so we went to have a look and it was infact reeeaally creepy:

<a href="http://www.hamiltonparanormal.com/tunnel1.html" target="_blank">http://www.hamiltonparanormal.com/tunnel1.html</a>
    [/url]
    And it got me thinking, do we(sault ste marie)have any establishments that can be deemed as haunted? I would really like some input on this..i'm sure everyone knows of a haunted house or two, but what about the old shinwauk hall or an old buiding that someone died in? I would think that in a city as old as ours there must be some ghost filled areas.

Default Re: Is it haunted??

I know someone who experienced the situation at the Windsor Park when she worked the front desk when it was still a hotel.

I might know of the place that was mentioned on First Ave. I believe it's the same place a friend of mine lived with her parents when we were younger

I've also heard countless stories about Thayer's Acres.

I've never heard the one about the Old Stone House though.

I have friends who are sensitive to things like that, and they were able to "feel" something in the basement in a house I was renting on People's Rd a couple of years ago.

I've always been intrigued about this kind of stuff....

Travis

could you tell me where on peoples road, we lived in a house on peoples road 15 years ago roughly, and we had strange things happen there we were on the left if you were going up towards the cemetery about 5 or 6 houses befor in the back.
    yesterday is history,Tomorrow is a mystery. and today is a gift.

My husband and I stayed at the Windsor Park once and even though we locked the door to the room, it would open up again (not immediately but sporadically). I don't remember what floor it was.
    We didn't hear about it being haunted until after we stayed there.

I heard that algoma U was supposed to be haunted....I donno though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Chako:
    http://www.torontoghosts.org/algoma/reports.htm </div></div>you see chako, where would we be without these replies of yours?

Here is a ghostly tale i found for the sault:

Gettysburg and Other Ghosts

One such tale occurred in Sault Ste Marie, Ontario. The story begins with a boy 13 years old. His mom and dad used to send him to visit with family in Sault Ste Marie, during the summer. He always looked forward to seeing his aunt and uncle and loved the time he spent there.

One year his parents sent him up early to help them move into a old farmhouse they had bought outside of town near the airport. The area was still pretty rural at that time and the nearest neighbour was a mile or so away. They had spent the day moving
    furniture and boxes and finished up just as it was getting dark. His aunt and uncle left to return the moving van and get some groceries. The young boy decided to stay behind and rest a little until they returned. He was sitting in the living room watching television when he heard a crash in the kitchen. Thinking that a box had fallen from the counter top, he went to investigate.

When you entered the kitchen you looked to your left to find the fridge and the stove. The sink and cupboards were directly in front of you and there was an old mudroom off to the right at the back of the kitchen. The mudroom hadn't been used and was nailed shut from the inside. He looked around the room, but all the boxes appeared to be where they had been placed. The boy heard another scraping sound coming from the mudroom and thought that there might be a squirrel or racoon in there.

He walked over and flipped the light switch beside the door and nearly fell over with fright. An old lady with white hair that stuck up in all directions was staring at him. He thought he was seeing things and closed his eyes. She was still there when he opened them again. He couldn't see a neck, body or anything else, just her head and face. What really scared him was the fact that he could see the wall behind her, through her. He ran back into the living room and didn't move until his aunt and uncle returned an hour later. During that time he could still hear the scratching sounds, so he had turned up the volume on the television just to drown it out.

When they returned he debated about telling them about what he had seen. Eventually he decided to say nothing, thinking that maybe he was just over tired from the day of moving. His uncle had to go to work on the night shift, which left the boy and his aunt alone for the night. After they went to bed, a loud crashing from downstairs awakened the young man. When he got out of bed and walked into the hall, he met his aunt at the top of the stairs. "Did you hear that crash too?" She had asked him. He answered that he had and they headed down the stairs to investigate.

At the bottom of the stairs to the right was the front door and living room. A left turn took you through the dining room into the kitchen. Remembering his earlier encounter, he did not want to go into the kitchen again.

His aunt went in and a few minutes later she screamed and came running back into the living room. She told him that the entire cupboard doors and drawers were open and their contents scattered across the floor. While cleaning it up, she had heard a scratching sound from the mudroom. She had walked over and flipped on the light switch and came face to face with an old lady looking right at her. Needless to say they both spent the rest of the night in the living room with the television on.

The young man didn't stay for his usual vacation with them that year. His uncle thought they were both over-reacting because nothing ever happened when he was around. His aunt told him that things continued to happen for months. Furniture was moved overnight, lights would turn on by themselves and periodically the old lady would be seen through the mud room window. Eventually his aunt couldn't stand it anymore
    and convinced his uncle to move back into town. The house sat empty for nearly a year and was eventually torn down to make room for a strip mall as the new subdivisions started going up.
    The only history to the house had been that the original owners had died within months of each other. The wife had a heart attack and died in the mud room and the husband had a stroke and died only 6 weeks later.

Becoming a Regular Here
    the place that remains after all the pieces of hell have broken loose

What is a "mud room"?

Becoming a Regular Here

Like a landing area or a room in the entrance of a home. Some people might call it a porch area. But if it is a place where coats and shoes, and dirt from the shoes (Hence: mud) is kept

The term usually refers to a small informal entrance foyer or porch. In the 'old days a mud room was like the back porch, used primarily by servants or household staff. The word mud room came about because if one was coming from the barn or out in the field, you would come through that entrance and remove your muddy boots/clothing.
    The best part of waking up is not Folgers in your cup, but knowing that Chuck Norris didn't kill you in your sleep.

Becoming a Regular Here
    the place that remains after all the pieces of hell have broken loose

Learn something new every day. [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

Thx guys/girls.

This is an older video - check it out...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=...+Caught+on+Tape
    "From there to here, and here to there, funny things are everywhere."
    Dr. Seuss

What is a Haunting?

A place with spirits
    “When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself"

And what if you do not believe in spirts?

Heres a cool site that i just spent 1/2 hour on <a href="http://www.haunteddiary.com" target="_blank">http://www.haunteddiary.com</a>

There is without a doubt a very haunted house on Woodward Avenue. A friend of mine lived there and all throughout highschool i used to see CRAZY things going on in there. Upon doing a history of the house, the owners discovered that twice, people had died in the house. Once, during the 50's a man beat his wife to death and during the 70's it was a drug house that got shot up and some ppl got killed. Perfect grounds for a haunting you say? Absolutely right.

In the house on the main floor is a library, the parents loved to read and every year they would sort out all these books(3 walls full) and put them in alphabetical order. Within a weeks time all the books would be completely out of order again. In other instances, i'd be over there watching movies and the tv would just switch to another channel or continue to change channels or the tv would just shut off. Another time, the power would go off in half of a room...the room was all on the same circuit, but half of the room would suddenly not work for 5 or 10 minutes. They had a dog and it had cateracs so it really couldn't see much. However, it used to freak me out when it would start growling at the ceiling and start backing up across the room and hide under the couch. I remember once when i was over, we were listening to some music on a 5 carosel cd player and all of a sudden the music just stopped. I tried pressing stop, ff, rew, nothing worked..i turned the vol up down. I ended up unplugging it. when i plugged it in it did the same thing, just sat there saying it was playing but not doing anything....so we left it..about 10 minutes later it came back on full volume. On yet another occasion we were in the basement, and his dad kept a gun collection in a locked cabinet with the shells up in his room. On nite he came hurdling into my buddies room extremely angry and screaming. He wanted to know who gave us permission to take the bullets out of his dads drawer and how he managed to pick the combination lock on the gun cabinet. We followed him downstairs and lo and behold the cabinet sat open and all the guns cocked.(That scared the **** out of me) Other times, the door to the basement would just slam shut or open on its own accord.

On nite, when his parents were away we decided to see if we could really find some ghosts. The house was quiet and we put a tape recorder in the basement cuz most of the weird stuff seemed to happen down there. we also took the temp of different areas of the basement on side was 20c and the other was 6c. We sat upstairs not moving for about 2 hours, we didnt' want to make noise for the tapes. When we went down and listened to it; for the first bit it was just static, then you could here a woman whispering, then a deadbolt open and a door creak open then you could hear a bunch of ppl talking but not in a language i recognized.
    It was soon after that i went away to school and i've never been back in that house.

I got goosebumps man! [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img]

I LOVE this thread..spent about 2 hours on that Hamilton hauntings site and the related links yesterday..keep 'em coming Nitrous!
    The best part of waking up is not Folgers in your cup, but knowing that Chuck Norris didn't kill you in your sleep.

If your talking about that huge brick place on Woodward that's a bunch of apt.s now, ya that place is freaky. Buddy of mine use to live there. All kinds of wierd stuff used to happen. Parents told me that back in the late 40's or early 50's a guy was stabbed with a sword and died just inside the front entrance.

All those old houses are creepy down there. I hate working nites where I work, creepy stuff happens....doors creak and shake in their frames, feel as though someone is following me in some parts of the house when I do my night checks,cameras screw up,once the doorbell rang and no one was in the camera, when I am doing my paperwork I heard a noise like shuffling behind me and thought it was my co-worker and I turned to say Hi and no one was there. One time we were watching the camera and there was a light that kept jumping all over the place but had no source, my co-workers remote start in her car turned on by itself at 3 in the mornin.....anyways we hope its a friendly spirit.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information