Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sault Shelter Link

Default Sault Shelter Link

There is a never-ending amount of cats constantly coming in to the shelter. Go have a look, they are open weekdays 11 to 5 pm, weekends, 12 to 5 pm.

http://hosting.soonet.ca/humanesociety/index.htm

Default Re: Sault Shelter Kittens

Dexter is now housed at Black Road Vet and can be adopted throught the shelter.

Getting warmed up...

I always feel very sad about the homeless pets during the holidays when everyone is having big feasts and parties and a grand old time. It's like these unfortunate souls are forgotten. I adopted one of my cats just before Christmas a few years ago and have never regretted it. I know sometimes they say not to adopt in a hurry just for a gift, but he was being adopted for myself and not for a gift. I felt like doing a kindness to a homeless pet so I adopted him. He is the sweetest boy and I think he is grateful that I rescued him and had him join our home for the holidays. Of course, I kind of kept him out of the limelight so that he would not get lost in the festivities, so he spent lots of time in my bedroom during that week, but at least he had a comfy home.

Go to the Shelter to check out the New Arrivals.

Getting warmed up...

It makes you wonder where all these homeless animals come from. I can only think that many people just don't care.

They don't care! People are breeding animals left and right. I personally think it's a form of abuse but that's just me.
    Dogs Have Owners ~ Cats Have Staff

There are still kittens coming in these days. It's constant.
    http://hosting.soonet.ca/humanesociety/index.htm

There are many pets looking for homes, so go have a look.

The Sault Mi Shelter receices about 3 cats a day. Some dam excuse or another, mostly say they found it. then you take them out and they are soooooo sweet and smell so good. if a cat smell good chances are he had a home. if they are dirty smelling or dirty they may be strays. that is how we determ them lol

But what if he just got out of the house that day and someone brought him in, he would still be fairly clean. I took care of a stray one time and he was an absolute mess, just a mess and starving with no energy. With a vet checkup and TLC, and eating lots of food non-stop, he recuperated and got a good home. They all have such sad stories behind them. I feel sorry for each and every homeless pet who ends up in a shelter.

has anyone seen the baby rats at the HS? OMG talk about adorable! and only $2! it tickles like crazy when they climb up your arm!

GRUMPY

rats do make really nice pets

My oldest who is 9, has been bugging and bugging for a rat now for almost 2 years. I love all animals but, some I just cant say yes to [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]
    Adopting one pet will not change the world but, it will change the world for that one pet.

the HS has lots of rats...even babies...if your son wants one why not let him give it a try...you don't have to see or handle it... sorry don't mean to pester, i just feel bad for some of the less desireables.

Guru Power Poster

My mom never let me have rats, either. Only dogs and cats. When she left, I got a rat. I forced her to hold it and she absolutely fell in love with him! She ended up taking one of the 4 babies I adopted. And this is a woman who isn't really even an animal lover...

Don't knock it until you've held one [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]
    Busy. Irritated. Leave me alone.

Chevy is a super cute dog...

New Arrivals

9 year old Persian Himalyan mix - male neutered and de-clawed
    (Not good with kids)

2 year old male black Lab mix

Go for a visit to see all the new arrivals.

Several new dogs on Monday including:

Female white Poodle
    female cream coloured Retriever Mix
    14 week old Mastiff Lab mix puppy

The beautiful standard poodle at the pound is a really nice dog, and her name prior to been given up was Lacy. The woman who owned this dog changes breeds like most people change their underwear. It is so disheartening to see such a wonderful animal put through that. If I didn't have my little monsters I would go and adopt her myself. Pitiful really. So any one out there who has lots of space, and a big yard, and loves poodles please go and have a look at her, she is a very loving friendly girl. She just wants to please, and she is super well behaved indoors as well.

Getting warmed up...

That is so sad. I see it says the poodle is not fond of small dogs. Let me guess!!!! This woman PET-CHANGER got a new little dog for her own amusement, the poodle was not compatible with the new little toy she got for herself, so she dumped the poodle. People like that are pretty sickening. When are people going to realize that pets are not temporary playthings. It's sad that this type of behaviour keeps those animal shelters in business. Animal shelters should be for pets found in distress, not dumping grounds. I hope that poodle makes it out of there into a new home.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information