Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: 2 Dogs...Maybe 3?

Guru Power Poster

Default 2 Dogs...Maybe 3?

Does anyone want two Great Danes?

I must warn you...they like to bark at shadows and will pace in front of the TV (blocking it from view) if their rug isn't perfectly flat on the floor. Their shedding fur will make the rest of your floor look like you have carpet. They also enjoy farting directly in your face. You may need to invest in a gas mask. One likes to stand inches from your face and stare at you where ever you go and whine when you look at her starting about 4 hours before her dinner time. She's a pig. The other gallumps up the stairs and literally falls down at LEAST a dozen times a day...very noisy, indeed.

You'll need a shovel to clean their logs outside. Although, they are housetrained!! That's a plus, no? They do like to step in it, then come barreling through the house tracking it everywhere. But that's just minor...their feet are only the size of a mans large hand...no biggie.

You may also need to invest in an industrial sized bottle of Windex to clean your livingroom windows and TV. They spit when they bark at people walking by and the spit flies everywhere when they shake, splattering your TV. Back up remotes for your TV may also be needed as one likes to eat them. We've only gone through about 5...so that isn't a big problem, either.

They sleep in crates at night. Each the size of a single bed so you may lose a room in your house to hold the things. Or, at the very least, a very large space from your living room/basement. One usually whines and moans all night. Not sure why, exactly, but it's loud so make sure you aren't sleeping on the same floor.

You may need a second job to feed them as one has a lot of food allergies and the food she needs to be on is quite expensive and you will go through a 35 lbs. bag every week. You may opt to change them to something cheaper, but I warn you there will be diarrhea everywhere.

Speaking of food, they can't eat together as one will stare down the other and growl at him. He will refuse to eat and begin pacing and whining in the hall because he's just too upset. But don't worry, he will whine more later when he gets really hungry.

Make sure you have tall counters because they like to sniff around and leave slobber trails over dishes, food, etc. left lying around. And have their water trough somewhere very far out of the way because you'll be swimming in puddles. They are very messy drinkers.

I can go on, but if I do, it may diminish your interest in acquiring them. They do need to go together. They're insanely jealous of eachother but they simply cannot be separated. They get mopey and sad to the point of being very pathetic.

Anywho, I'll throw in a fat little Chihuahua that hates everyone and barks all the time. Free of charge, that one is.

P.S. - I'm joking, if you haven't realized it by now. Joking about giving them away lol Everything else is sadly true [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif[/img]
    Busy. Irritated. Leave me alone.

Default Re: 2 Dogs...Maybe 3?

YOU SOOO CANNOT GIVE THEM TO ANYONE BUT US!!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/purpbanana.gif[/img]

Man just give the word and I would SOOO be there [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]

However the yappy fat chihuahua you can keep :P I don't want him teaching my gals any "new" tricks [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif[/img]

Guru Power Poster

I'm just ranting because I'm irritated lol They're driving me absolutely BONKERS!

Ivan is such a wuss it's annoying. He needs to grow some balls and ACT like the 200 pound dog he is. He's worse than a prissy toy Poodle with bows in its hair.

And Stella is a [censored], flat out. She instigates every single barking fit the two have and they like to do it when the baby is sleeping.

Ugh. I hate them but I love them haha

LOL He DID grow a set of balls...YOU chopped them off!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif[/img]
    As for Stella and her biotchiness she will fit right in with my gals...Storm and Raven have a serious case of it goin on as we speak [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/computer.gif[/img]
    Any ol time you need a break...just lemme know...we'll be glad to puppy sit [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif[/img]

Guru Power Poster

I had no choice but to have them removed...could you imagine if these two had puppies?! They'd be the most retarded animals alive.

Geez...I don't even want to think about it...

I have a headache from yelling at them to shut up all day. There's a boy that walks his black lab by our house about two dozen times a day and you know how racist Ivan is...he sounds so mad when he sees that dog.

You'd be rich if he grew another pair lol or in the poor house from having to take him to the Vet again, seeing as they go by weight now. I think my gals just need a good hard play...its snowing and they love playing in it so I think we are gonna head outside for awhile. We have to go to town tomorrow so if you want a break just catch me on MSN...we can swing by and pick them up for a few days and wear them out for ya.

great danes r the cutest
    i love them

Guru Power Poster

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kitty&mimi</div><div class="ubbcode-body">great danes r the cutest
    i love them </div></div>

Take mine for one day. You'll be thinking otherwise [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]

lol
    im sure i will
    but i love them
    so cute and i think they would be great to cuddle with
    if i had a bigger house i'd get a dog, not sure what kind, probably a mutt, but i do love danes

hahaha that was funny

Guru Power Poster

Get a Dane-Mutt like mine [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

u have a dane mutt?
    where did u get him/her?

and post a pic!! i want to see

Guru Power Poster

I think I'm just spending too much time at home with them. I have a perma-headache from yelling at them to shut up. Their barks are annoyingly loud [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif[/img]

While I'm at it...I'll give away my geriatric cat. He's 17 so he doesn't have much to live, but he likes to eat your food and drink out of your cup. Always a nice flavour to add...cat spit. Yum.

i have always wanted one but not now lol

Guru Power Poster

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kitty&mimi</div><div class="ubbcode-body">u have a dane mutt?
    where did u get him/her? </div></div>

Can't say. Get banned [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif[/img]

Nah, I'm j/k. One doesn't have papers so he's not a "purebred". So he's a mutt.

Oooo she hasn't mentioned the best part....FARTING! They can clear a room in .2 seconds. The hilarious part is they turn around and look at their asses in wonder and amazement wondering where the noise came from.

ok...
    lol
    i wonder what a cross between and dane and a newfie would be like???

....................my cat just yawned in my face.....love it

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: katste11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oooo she hasn't mentioned the best part....FARTING! They can clear a room in .2 seconds. The hilarious part is they turn around and look at their asses in wonder and amazement wondering where the noise came from. </div></div>

omg that's hilarious
    my friend's doberman farted just like a human...i would die laughing

Omar farts like crazy and he clears the room i could not imagin a dane farting lol they are a mini horse

Guru Power Poster

I can hear them f a r t...so at least I have warning...I just took a pic of them laying behind me. I'll post it in a sec.

eta: f a r t is censored? Honestly...WTF lol

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information