Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: instrument panel cluster

Default Re: instrument panel cluster

does the deck have an illumination wire on it?? sometimes hooking them up will not work the way they should, and bet they are causing the problem with your cluster illumination

but I tried running the car without the deck in earlier and it still did the same thing.. wouldnt it light up if the wiring harness wasnt plugged in?

There's usually a single large connector behind the dash where the gauges are. Maybe it's part way out??
    Religion doesn't save you, change you. heal you or set you free. Jesus does.

"if you could lose your salvation, you would!" John Macarthur

I promise to always post sober.

Maybe, but to get behind the dash at all you need to take the airbag system out of the passenger side.

Not sure if there's another way

From personal experience.... Once i was rushing to install a cd player and stupid me forgot to disconnect the battery and as i was feeding wires through the dash, i accidently hit another set of wires and connectos and they touched, and long story short had to replace like 5 wiring harnesses. Also their might be a break in the wire itself. Their is a tool you can use to run up and down the wire to see if their is a break in it. It reads the current and if it spikes their is a break. If you want to test to see if the bulbs are ok, just take a multi meter and put one lead on the bottom of the bulb and the other lead on the top part of the metal on the bulb (this is usually a round dot of metal) and take a reading. Get a wiring diagram.. they are ususally helpful.
    Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam, which means "Either I will find a way or I will make one."

Oh and timbit, i think you should kick ryans butt for the ford comments.. How many times has a ford saved your butt ryan???? HMMM???
    Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam, which means "Either I will find a way or I will make one."

You're evil! How many times has it saved your butt?!?!
    Racing is not a sport, it's a lifestyle.

yeah, you both need saving..... :P when you decide to get a ford you will stop needing my help [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img] lol

BTW, I have a nice vid of me saving ryan's butt again...with the mustang...let me go dig that out..it was quite funny [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img] hehehe

Oh you have video of the mustang kicking the civics [censored]!!! I would pay to see that!!!!!!! POST IT!!!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information