Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fishing lodges????

Senior Member EyelashExtensions's Avatar

Default Fishing lodges????

Anyone know of any GOOD fishing lodges any where north of here? Something that is not accessible by truck/car but is NOT a fly-in? Must have good fishing and swimming. I googled it but can't really find what I'm looking for.

Default Re: Fishing lodges????

noto.com

Guru Power Poster

There's Mar Mac which is a fly-in but also accessible by train. I know you were looking for something that was not fly-in, but since you can take a train instead, I thought it might be an option. Its on Esnagi Lake, has good fishing and swimming...I used to work there years ago, and since than it has changed quite a bit. They have a website. Just google Mar Mac Lodge.
    Life is an adventure that never ends...

i worked there a few yrs ago too. the guides did a good job, Dan jr is now a pilot,.
    That's what she said !

the food was awesome there alo. it's a lot of hard work but the pay was good, i was taking home 2200 month clear
    That's what she said !

$500 wk x 50hrs per wk = $10 per hr before tax
    -------------------------------------
    $8 per hr Clear

J*B

Slave labor.. lol

Thanks everyone! I just hate flying especially in small planes....but train would be fine! Both Mar Mac and Lodge eighty eight sound good! Nice place for a honeymoon heehee

J*B

Small planes are WAY more fun than big ones, especially when you can fish off of the pontoons on lakes that have rarely seen a lure!

if u stay at 88 you'll have to travel to the other end of the lake, why i don't know . But the fish seem too congregate there more often.
    That's what she said !

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JB</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Small planes are WAY more fun than big ones, especially when you can fish off of the pontoons on lakes that have rarely seen a lure! </div></div>

Well thae sounds fun....all but the flying! I have flown lots and I hate it and try to avoid it at all costs lol

*thanks amd for the tip!

Island View Camp is a great spot to go, I am not sure how equip they are for ice fishing, but I know its on Dog Lake and the fishing is awesome, now thats its winter you should be able to get to some awesome speck lakes...there is rumors that the MNR double stocked a bunch of lakes around there and the fish is in need of getting caught! The price is right if you do not mind bringing your own water this time of year, the prices are way lower in the winter...

..here is some information I found on the net.

1-800-816-8702

http://www.islandviewcamp.com/

Will be going later in February.

J*B

No need to pay a bunch of money to catch fish, there are adequate lakes within driving/walking distance where you can catch some nice ones, especially if you have "the knack"!

My aunt and uncle own Tatnall camp, have owned it for over 20 yrs. You travel up by train and they meet you and take you across the lake in the boat to the camp. Great place and great people who run it. Here is the website.

http://www.tatnallcamp.com/

Meant to add that I also worked at Mar Mac Lodge and Camp 88 the summer I went to college. Also great people and a great lodge but you take the train and fly in, what I can remember.
    *Friendships are like stars, they give your life a little twinkle.*

Who has the better fishing CdnLady? I'm sure they all have good fishing but I want to go where theres lots of action and big fish lol.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JB</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No need to pay a bunch of money to catch fish, there are adequate lakes within driving/walking distance where you can catch some nice ones, especially if you have "the knack"! </div></div>

Well I'm planning ahead for my honeymoon(not even married yet..) We travel all over the place fishing by boat, 4wheeler, snowmachine etc... We had our camper all over the place this past summer at Aubrey Falls then Primeau, Robertson, Mystery, and finally Horner Lake(an adventure that was) we pulled it in through the snowmachine trail and had to winch it out after all the rain we had(took us 8hrs)....we fish lots of places, the adventure is half the fun. But honeymoon says it all....we don't want to be within driving or waking distance lol

Hi lizzardskills...my brother and cousins go up to Tatnell Camp every summer and they have no problem catching any fish. Great place to fish. You won't be disappointed. As for Mar Mac, I worked up their the summer of 1984, was also a great fishing lake but not sure how it is now.
    *Friendships are like stars, they give your life a little twinkle.*

J*B

Didn't realize you were looking for a place to go for your hornymoon [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
    I'll put on my thinking cap and try to come up with a place that would suit you!

Possibly http://www.airivanhoe.com they have various lakes and species to fish for, likely with about the best chance of a trophy fish of anywhere that I could think of.
    The Theriault's are good people, he also has a brother that flies out of Chapleau to a handful of lakes.

http://ituksum.net/

check that place out not too far and some nice fishing. (not a bad price either) [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img] check it out [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
    Core I3 540 - Coolermaster Hyper 212+ - 2x2gb Corsair XMS3 - XFX HD6870 - A-Data 32gb ssd + 2 tb hdd - Silverstone 650 watt modular PSU - Thermaltake Xaser III

Senior Member Sweet_And_Innocent's Avatar

My best friends family has a lodge in Atikokan, NW of Thunder Bay, there are cabins, and a camp ground, and many lakes. There are also fly in areas, and portage cabins. They also have boats, a general store, and a diner/bar. Also, she says the swimming is really good, they refer to it as the "Caribbean Beach
    of the North!"
    Here is the link
    http://www.brownsclearwaterlodge.com/

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information