+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Shaw Phone

Default Shaw Phone

Who has it and how does it work?

Default Re: Shaw Phone

its not out till the 23rd

We were told on the phone that it was the 7th. Then we were told by a tech that it was the 30th so who knows!!!

they told me the 23rd when i called so ya who knows

I was told "some time in January".
    ** Phenom II 1100T BE @ 4.1 GHz | Asus M3A79-T | Corsair H80 | 8 GB OCZ Reaper HPC DDR2-1066 | Radeon HD7970 |Auzentech X-Fi Prelude | 2 x 640GB Blacks in Raid 0 | Silverstone DA750 | Logitech G51 Surround Sound Speakers | Tritton 5.1 Headhones | 3 x 22" monitors Eyefinity | Tt Element G**

I was told the 23rd

I cant wait for Shaw phone to come out. Finally I will have a home phone!! lol
    <insert witty comment here>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Canadian13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I cant wait for Shaw phone to come out. Finally I will have a home phone!! lol </div></div>

why not get a bell line ?

I know someone who has it and it sounds pretty good, mind you one of them works for shaw so that is why they are able to get it now, but I think they are coming out for everyone on the 2nd or 3rd of Feb.
    Core I3 540 - Coolermaster Hyper 212+ - 2x2gb Corsair XMS3 - XFX HD6870 - A-Data 32gb ssd + 2 tb hdd - Silverstone 650 watt modular PSU - Thermaltake Xaser III

Guru Power Poster

I looked and prices will be the same pretty much as any phone service in the market today, $5.95 for this and $1.95 for that ... same old style of ripping ppl off.

My neighbour works for shaw and he had Shaw Phone installed on the 31st. Seems to work great for him.

I just looked into it and for my basic calling needs, it's cheaper for me to stick with bell. Oh Well.
    Good deal if you do a lot of long distance though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: General Lee</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Canadian13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I cant wait for Shaw phone to come out. Finally I will have a home phone!! lol </div></div>

why not get a bell line ?</div></div>

Cause I owe Bell alot of money and well......Bell sucks monkey nuts
    <insert witty comment here>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: adigirl</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Who has it and how does it work? </div></div>
    It's a regular phone line just like Bell. I thought it was a VoIP deal at first but they don't want to go that route because if the power goes out, you have no way of dialing 911 if needed.
    ** Phenom II 1100T BE @ 4.1 GHz | Asus M3A79-T | Corsair H80 | 8 GB OCZ Reaper HPC DDR2-1066 | Radeon HD7970 |Auzentech X-Fi Prelude | 2 x 640GB Blacks in Raid 0 | Silverstone DA750 | Logitech G51 Surround Sound Speakers | Tritton 5.1 Headhones | 3 x 22" monitors Eyefinity | Tt Element G**

Guru Power Poster

Well then that is not any better then Bell.

Well Shaw Digital Phone Lite is $19.95/month for the first 6 months promotion, and at regular price it's $29.95 when bundled with other services. A basic phone line with call display with Bell is about $40. So that's why I'm interested.

Guru Power Poster

Well if ti can save $20.00 or more a months it is worth it, but otherwise it is no better then bell. The shaw Lite is regular 29.99 plus tax and to get Call Waiting and Voice Mail you need to add another $5.95 a month to it which is similar to prices of Bell that ppl i know have all services from Bell for $40.00 a month with a 0-10C per min long distance plan depends where they call and at what time.

Call display is all anyone really needs IMO. If it's important enough people can call back and/or leave a message on an answering machine that sits on my table. lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Killswitch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well Shaw Digital Phone Lite is $19.95/month for the first 6 months promotion, and at regular price it's $29.95 when bundled with other services. A basic phone line with call display with Bell is about $40. So that's why I'm interested. </div></div>

I have basic phone and call display and it's less than $30 for me. Wonder why?
    Stand alone shaw lite is $35.

Hmmm.... do you have other Bell services?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information