Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Never a dull moment....

Default Re: Never a dull moment....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: YIPS RAWKS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">lol Naw... Ivy's SUPER!!
    I think I've backed out of showing. I've been reading up on it, and I don't think it's my cup of tea.. I haven't 100% decided, but I dunno... kinda seems a bit difficult, lol. But for sure we'll be doing Obedience, and possibly get into Therapy with him as well.
    And it's kinda funny that I was thinking this way. In the email from Sheryl (the breeder), she says how perfectly stacked he gets, and that he's always right up on his toes with his head in the air.. *sigh*.. I just don't know? lol </div></div>

Obedience is technically more difficult. Walking or should I say prancing around the ring REALLY isnt that hard haha.\

When I got my first purebred, I didnt think I wanted to show either and I've gotten 2 dogs to their championships now. It's actually fun when you start winning! haha

Guru Power Poster

YIPS, I'd be more than happy to help you show him! I haven't for the last year because I went and had a baby, but I did follow the whole "show ring" for quite a few years. Went to every show, checked breeders websites to see how their dogs were doing, etc. [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/blush.gif[/img] I know...I'm a loser [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif[/img] Plus, I've also taken those conformation classes at the kennel club and dipped my foot into the ring with a dog or two.

But you just have to show Jethro!! To take a Great Dane that beautiful and not show him/breed him would be an injustice to the breed! We need more REAL Great Danes out there! [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif[/img]
    Busy. Irritated. Leave me alone.

LOL I'd love to learn it. Just all the reading about it is making me nervous. I also have "mixed" information about whether to obedience train because the dog has to sit when you stop. Then, for confirmation, they have to stand... I'm so confused. lol
    But, if you want to help me, sure!!! I could use all the help I can get. [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

Guru Power Poster

If you're using the kennel club for obedience, personally, I'd only pick and choose what you enforce with your own dog. The woman who taught 2 classes I took there didn't make sense with anything she tried to teach, anyway *shrugs* I'm sure I've told you about her, though...

You could always get his championship then start obedience? I'm sure it wouldn't take him long to get his points...

True. That's what I was thinking also. Most of his relatives had their points in less than a year. And, he's already learning at the breeders. She puts him on the table, stacks him, and is teaching him other tidbits.

Guru Power Poster

There ya go...take a few conformation classes and your set! I've known far less deserving dogs get their championship before they even left the puppy class [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]

[img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/sick.gif[/img] OMG.. I'm getting butterflies lol. Just thinking about it is such a tease...

Guru Power Poster

Of course, though...there are always specialties...There was a male Dane at the show here 2 years ago who had already got his titles. Man, that dog was GORGEOUS! He had a good 10" on Ivan...he was huge!!!

Ooh.. I'd have loved to have seen him. Ya never know, maybe Jethro will be at Westminister some day. haha With kuietgrl showing him.. since I've got a bad case of "stage freight" lol

Guru Power Poster

Honestly, I don't blame you [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif[/img] It's scary. I don't think I could ever show my own dog...man, the stress! Kudos to those that are owner/handlers. Takes nerves of steel!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information