Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Can Any Backyard Mechanics Help me out???

Default Can Any Backyard Mechanics Help me out???

Is there any mechanics or "back yard" mechanics out there that are willing to come to my place and help me get my truck started?

Something just caused it to not start one day. It has gas, but the engine just won't continue turning over once you let go of the "start - (turning with the key)"

I bought a new fuel filter, thinking that it may be that, but it hasn't been installed yet.
    Anyway, I am not overly knowledgable on fixing vehicles, nor do I want to have it towed to a place to be repaired as it is a lowered truck. Please PM me, so we may figure out a time and/or payment and/or possible problem it may be.

Thanks again.

Default Re: Can Any Backyard Mechanics Help me out???

I would be willing to come out and check out your truck.. Let me ask you this, What kind of engine is this and is it fuel injected or carb? Throttle body? Also has their every been any direct modifications to the engine or the electrical system itself? I would like to come and take a look to listen to it! PM me i am free tomorrow!!! Did to check to see if had spark? I have a spark tester you can borrow. Also.. I would start with the basics first.. If it is throttle body or carb, can you physically see fuel going in? If you have a timming light this can be helpful to see the spray pulses. It could also be a loose cam sensor or even somethign as simple as a loose ground connection on the battery.. But like i said pm me with the address and i will come and take a look!!!
    Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam, which means "Either I will find a way or I will make one."

she is good too slice!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img] and yes, I said she....she's my assistant when I turn the wrenches..hehehe..I still think your timing belt jumped buddy [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif[/img]

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Man eater!!!!</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would be willing to come out and check out your truck.. Let me ask you this, What kind of engine is this and is it fuel injected or carb? Throttle body? Also has their every been any direct modifications to the engine or the electrical system itself? I would like to come and take a look to listen to it! PM me i am free tomorrow!!! Did to check to see if had spark? I have a spark tester you can borrow. Also.. I would start with the basics first.. If it is throttle body or carb, can you physically see fuel going in? If you have a timming light this can be helpful to see the spray pulses. It could also be a loose cam sensor or even somethign as simple as a loose ground connection on the battery.. But like i said pm me with the address and i will come and take a look!!!
    </div></div>

Thank you so much for your response, however, I honestly don't know if it's fuel injected or carb... I know it's a standard. lol 4cyl, 2.2L engine... urm... no I can't check for sparks, because I dont' really know how to.. nor do I have a checker.. like I said, I'm kinda stuck on the how to repair most things to do with an engine.. lol I'll PM you my address, thanks.

Still looking for someone to help me.... want to try and get this solved ASAP, due to nicer weather conditions currently..

sounds like its a ford 2.2 EFI. I have lots off experience
    with these engine's if turns over and won't start these are some
    things it could be..fuel pump. no spark.. out of fuel. plugged fuel filter..or more extreme. head gasket, hole in top of piston.
    plugged converter..sounds like a money pit to me! i could look at it
    how much money do you have?? sounds like your looking for a cheap(or free fix)..reach into your pockets and spend some money.i hate guys like you..
    Die Lügen sind wie Schneebälle: je weiter man sie fortwälzt, desto größer werden sie: Lies are like snowballs: the farther they roll, the greater they grow

wtf? you hate guys like me? Buddy you don't even know me, and yeah, anyone who's anyone will try and save a few bucks!

You don't even know what my truck looks like pal. We don't want it towed, because we don't want it damaged! Do you need to see a picture?

no its pink..i don;t need to see a picture
    i know the truck thanks..and yes i know you
    your cheap!
    Die Lügen sind wie Schneebälle: je weiter man sie fortwälzt, desto größer werden sie: Lies are like snowballs: the farther they roll, the greater they grow

The truck is not pink. And I highly doubt you know me.

Far from cheap.

yup its pink

Do you know me now?

sure looks pink to me!!

or should i say pinkish/purple

Actually try green blue and purple...........but anyways.....you already knew that cause apparently you know me

yup! what else would you like me to say.
    i know you and i know the truck. sorry its a small town,
    not a big city you live in. you should understand this

you most likely know the previous owner.....

hey that truck suits a cab driver!

If I had a truck that looked that good, I sure wouldn't mind spending a few bucks on it.

On the other hand, if I had a truck like that, it would be parked till summer!!!
    Religion doesn't save you, change you. heal you or set you free. Jesus does.

"if you could lose your salvation, you would!" John Macarthur

I promise to always post sober.

oh it is parked
    We dont mind spending the money, but it has been a money [censored] since we got it LOL

it's a Ford what did you Expect lol
    If Your reading this the topic must be boring.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information