Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: anyone want to do a christmas cookie exchange

Guru Power Poster

Default Re: anyone want to do a christmas cookie exchange

I don't know the Proulx family, but I would be more than willing to make an extra dozen...anything for a good cause!! Best wishes to her and the family!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wavey.gif[/img]
    You can just call me T.O.D!!!

Guru Power Poster

I was wondering how everyone would feel about making an extra dozen to donate to the Proulx Family benefit on Sunday Dec 18? I would be happy to bring them to the benefit, or I could have a manager come and pick them up at the cookie exchange.
    Let me know.
    Thanks
    Patty
    Even if you fall flat on your face....at least you're still moving forward!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

Absolutely, for sure....and by the way I am making rocky road bars....very yummy....so it's the 17th at 2 pm? Can someone pm me with the address please...and anyone needing a ride from the west pm me as well...see you all there..I am excited!

Sure I can do that. Its definitely a good cause. How is she doing by the way?
    LIFE IS SHORT: BREAK THE RULES! FORGIVE QUICKLY! LAUGH UNCONTROLLABLY! KISS SLOWLY! LOVE TRULY!

THANKS GUYS YOUR ALL SWEET FOR DOING THAT FOR HER! [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wavey.gif[/img]

I hope everyone buys a ticket for it.
    Anita is our aunt and a very wonderful woman.

This benefit is a very generous and beautiful thing that they are doing to help her and her family. Thank you to all who help!

so this is 12 dozen right? I dont want to be short, maybe we should do the list again to make sure.

Wicked. But, could you take out the buttermilk chocolate bread? Eek, it's just i haven't tried to make it yet, and I dont want it to end up like crap. :\
    I'll just make extra Chocolate Macroons. ;o)
    Cant keep a secret, if it never was a secret to start..

Kittie Korpse:Chocolate Macroons

Sara: christmas present cookies

Bbydollnboo: rocky road bars

Tasma: fudge wreaths

Kitca:soft chocolate balls

mdrsbabygirl: chewy cheesecake cookies

Karen C: lemon tea cookies

Pattycakes: russian tea balls

gotta play: coconut jam tarts

katste11: thumbprint cookies

sweetart: tieplates

Special K: candy cane cookies

Yeah I was right 11 dozen for the cookie exchange or if your donating to the Proulx benefit, then its 12 dozen.
    Is this right? I want to double check with everyone.
    LIFE IS SHORT: BREAK THE RULES! FORGIVE QUICKLY! LAUGH UNCONTROLLABLY! KISS SLOWLY! LOVE TRULY!

yup, right with me. how will we be finding out the exact address?

no problem to make an extra dozen for the benefit.

Sweetart has to pm us with the info. I haven't got it yet either.

The exchange went well I thought and I would like to thank Sweetart for the use of her house, its a beautiful place and candy your kids are soo cute and well behaved! Rebecca(sp) even gave me a hug it was so cute! Everything looks great, I hope to do it again next year. Ann

Guru Power Poster

That was a nice afternoon ladies, many thanks for the cookies, and thank you sweettart for lending us your BEAUTIFUL home.
    Many many thanks to all, how wonderful that you all contributed the extra dozen for Anita Proulx's benefit tomorrow.
    Happy Holidays to all!!
    Even if you fall flat on your face....at least you're still moving forward!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

My hubby just got back to work with all my cookies and I have to say you all have outdone yourselves! The cookies all look delicious. I had one of the chewy cheesecake ones and it was awesome.

Just wanted to tell you all thank you [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img] I'm sorry I didn't put in recipe cards...I just ran out of time. I'll post or PM the recipe if anyone should want it though.

Happy Holidays to you all [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

Thank you everyone for the delightful cookies. We tried a couple after supper they were great. Hopefully they will last til Christmas, hard with three growing kids. Thank you to Sweetart for the use of your beautiful home and thank you to Tasma for the great suggestion of the cookie exchange. Hope to do it again next year. Have a Merry Christmas everyone.

Thank you Sweet tart for offering your home for the cookie exchange. I think it went REALLY well [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/beerchug.gif[/img] and I am looking forward to participating again next year...but boy oh boy I am sooo NOT doing short bread of any kind! lol

That's the good thing about Christmas treats there are 8 million different kinds to chose to make from. Next year I think I am going to do a bar of some kind, I noticed that no one really tacked that kind of Christmas treat. Merry Christmas everyone. Good Job!

thanks tasma for the suggestion to get this started, and thanks sweettart for offering your lovely home. everything looks wonderful!!!

It was a pleasure to host the cookie exchange, especially to such nice people that took the time to bake and lug it all over to my house...I am glad everyone enjoyed themselves and I look forward to next year...I have to admit that I sampled some goodies this afternoon and what I tried was delicious!
    Thanks again for coming over and thanks for the compliments on my home.....I sure met some very nice people today

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by tasma5:
    The exchange went well I thought and I would like to thank Sweetart for the use of her house, its a beautiful place and candy your kids are soo cute and well behaved! Rebecca(sp) even gave me a hug it was so cute! Everything looks great, I hope to do it again next year. Ann</div></div>Thanks for sayin' my kids are cute!! And as for the well behaved part...its cuz they were at someone elses house
    [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif[/img] (just kiddin')

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Sara:
    My hubby just got back to work with all my cookies and I have to say you all have outdone yourselves! The cookies all look delicious. I had one of the chewy cheesecake ones and it was awesome.

Just wanted to tell you all thank you [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img] I'm sorry I didn't put in recipe cards...I just ran out of time. I'll post or PM the recipe if anyone should want it though.

Happy Holidays to you all [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
    </div></div>Thanks for saying my cookies (chewy cheesecake) are good Sara!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

Merry Christmas everyone!!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information