Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: adult circumcision

Default adult circumcision

does anyone know the aprox cost of an adult circumcision?
    Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam, which means "Either I will find a way or I will make one."

hp2

Default Re: adult circumcision

I do believe if it is required.. Like dr suggested in adult yrs ohip covers it!!!! as unfortantly for some older men, It is needed!!

Well your best bet is to wait till u talk to the urologist.. Every circumcision has a differnet price depending on what method that they use, and what numbing agents they use!! As i've informed u b4 it can vary from 1500-3000$..!! Unfortunaly it cannot be covered by ohip unless there was a medical reason and beucase there isn't than you'd have to pay out of your pocket!

Chaotic Chick

Eyez is right. The price will vary, and there are some good urologists in the Sault (Dr. Jakliz is an AWESOME one who has performed all of my kidney surgeries, I highly recommend him if he does that sort of surgery). If it is medically necessary, OHIP will cover it. Otherwise, it is considered to be "cosmetic surgery". :|

Didn't Doctor Jakliz leave? I was pretty sure he closed his practice here and moved away.
    [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif[/img]
    He is a wonderful caring compassionate doctor.
    Attitude is contagious - is your's worth catching?
    The heaviest thing you can carry is a grudge..
    Make peace with your past, so it wont spoil the present

Chaotic Chick

OMG are you serious, Ma? Ugh, I haven't seen him in quite a while and he was the only one I trusted to do my surgeries. Plus he was pretty easy on the eyes. [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img] lol Guess I will have to see my family doctor and see about a new referral; I think we only had one other urologist and I was supposed to go for another CT scan in the near future!

He was my FIL' doctor and treated him with the utmost respect. My FIL has prostate cancer and Alzhiemers. Dr. J was soooo good to him, I was just amazed by his care and compassion.

My GF also saw him and she's the reason that I heard he was leaving.

I have to say the Soo lost a wonderful Doctor when he left.

Oh yeah and your right about being easy on the eyes. He was very very handsome.

He might be a good doc if your not getting a circ. My son was 3 years old and was referred to Jaklis for a circ. as the skin was closing over the head of his p e n i s and when he peed it blew up like a balloon a became iritated. Anyway while at his office for the first time Jaklis forced the skin over the head of his p e n i s and it literally tore and started bleeding, he told me that where he was from having your child circumsized was a form of torture and wouldn't do it. I told him that what he just did to my son was torture. He wanted me to continue doing this to my child 3 times a day as well as putting cream on it.. Meanwhile my son is screaming in pain!! I told him my son would not let me do that to him again. He asked me who the boss was me or my son and He told me I needed to find a man (because I was a single mom) to help me hold my son down while doing this. I told him he was nuts and left his office with traumatized son in arm.

ewwww Kelbear that sound awful. Your poor boy.

There are two urologist in town still Mohammad (sp) and Mathur
    If you are a dog and your owner suggests that you wear a sweater, suggest that he wear a tail.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information