Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: D-Link

Default D-Link

Always liked their products...and I like the direction their going in...lol

http://www.g4tv.com/CES2008/photo_ga...pg1/13075.html

Default Re: D-Link

Also check out the CES stuff if you haven't already, like the Sony OLED...a monitor with a display contrast of 1,000,000 to 1!!!

i followed engadget's CES coverage all week... there were some quite impressive products and booths.. and booth babes.
    Q6600 @ 2.85ghz
    Asus P5N-D 750i
    ATi HD3870
    2GB Kingston Hyper-X PC8500
    Antec PowerTrio 650w

I am still looking for their router with the build in LCD! Where is it??
    2600X at 4.25 Ghz, CLC 240, OCZ Vertex 4, Corsair M4, Samsung EVO 850, Gigabyte G1 GTX 1070, 2 x 8GB Trident Z RGB, Corsair 600T, Samsung 2443BW, Asus PB278Q 2560x1440

I think she some nice LED's...lol.

These are no LED's, but an actual LCD display. Been waiting for 2 months now, nowhere to be found...

http://games.dlink.com/products/?pid=643&sec=4
    2600X at 4.25 Ghz, CLC 240, OCZ Vertex 4, Corsair M4, Samsung EVO 850, Gigabyte G1 GTX 1070, 2 x 8GB Trident Z RGB, Corsair 600T, Samsung 2443BW, Asus PB278Q 2560x1440

haha! I don't think you were following me...

Guru Power Poster

I like them new headlights D-link offers on that product you posted about. Do they allow consumers to turn them on or are they automatically turned on?

Ah, it's nice to see at least one good product that wasn't made in China.

Edit: make that 2 good products.......
    ** Phenom II 1100T BE @ 4.1 GHz | Asus M3A79-T | Corsair H80 | 8 GB OCZ Reaper HPC DDR2-1066 | Radeon HD7970 |Auzentech X-Fi Prelude | 2 x 640GB Blacks in Raid 0 | Silverstone DA750 | Logitech G51 Surround Sound Speakers | Tritton 5.1 Headhones | 3 x 22" monitors Eyefinity | Tt Element G**

Guru Power Poster

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Killswitch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ah, it's nice to see at least one good product that wasn't made in China.

Edit: make that 2 good products.......</div></div>

It is called the Hump Me Package from D-Link, you get to hump it and turn the headlights on.

personally, I will probably not purchase anymore products from D-Link, while they are good and I have not had any problems with the products I do have, I had to contact them several times when I was working for Microsoft Tech Support and was extremely disappointed with their tech support. Many times I had them hang up on customers, refuse support, try to pass the buck when it was clearly their products fault, etc.

If I'm going to be paying for a premium product, I want good tech support to go with it. I usually never use it, but it's nice to know I'd get what I paid for if I did. If I wanted a product that would do the job but tech support was lacking, I'd go for Belkin or some other no-name networking supplier.

D-Link has always been good to me, Linksys too.

Guru Power Poster

D-Link is awesome, but flaky at times on certain products, but Lynksys is also the same with some of their products too.

Used to be a fan of dlink, not anymore... since cisco bought linksys there products seemed to have improved... Personally when buying linksys I try to go with the business routers... for reliability short of buying a cisco product, but I have had a linksys business router for about a year now, I would not go back to a simple home router...

Wow, I got quite a rouse from this thread, and all I was doing was linking the D-Link booth babe...lol. Oh and spreading some info on CES 08.

Well, for some of us a rouse from the D-Link booth babe was definitely made! lol

CES 08? Never heard of it........ lmao
    ** Phenom II 1100T BE @ 4.1 GHz | Asus M3A79-T | Corsair H80 | 8 GB OCZ Reaper HPC DDR2-1066 | Radeon HD7970 |Auzentech X-Fi Prelude | 2 x 640GB Blacks in Raid 0 | Silverstone DA750 | Logitech G51 Surround Sound Speakers | Tritton 5.1 Headhones | 3 x 22" monitors Eyefinity | Tt Element G**

what the hell would you need to call in for tech support for?

Becoming a Regular Here

I've got a D-Link DGL-4300 Gaming Router I love it. I've had good experience with D-Link and Linksys. They both have some good products.

warenty replacement if it fails basically.

I don't need to call into tech support, but I'm not going to support a company who sells a product under the premis of good tech support, but does not deleiver. If it was only one bad experience, then the agent is just haveing a bad day, but when it's multiple times, I don't support that company

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information