Default Re: Looking for Motherboard Tray

im gonna see what lee's got first, but thats an option
    Q6600 @ 2.85ghz
    Asus P5N-D 750i
    ATi HD3870
    2GB Kingston Hyper-X PC8500
    Antec PowerTrio 650w

hey there cruel intentions there is no harm submersing electrical objects ie the power supply in the oil cause the oil acts like a big rubber glove oils have been used with electrical stuff for a long time its the same as put grease in spark plug wires or have grease smeared over electrical components to protect them from water mind you i still would stick my hand in the oil once its all plug in but it won't short out cause its in the oil remember to unplug first eh rich lol

Here's what I found Rich, 10.5" by 10"
    not sure how you would mount cards though as theres no back piece.
    you're also welcome to the whole case if you feel like doing some cutting

FRONT

BACK

Looks like one for a micro board.
    If Your reading this the topic must be boring.

Sorry, but I can't help but to kinda smirk about that "Velcro Crafts" book in the first pic there Hemi....... I won't ask. lol
    ** Phenom II 1100T BE @ 4.1 GHz | Asus M3A79-T | Corsair H80 | 8 GB OCZ Reaper HPC DDR2-1066 | Radeon HD7970 |Auzentech X-Fi Prelude | 2 x 640GB Blacks in Raid 0 | Silverstone DA750 | Logitech G51 Surround Sound Speakers | Tritton 5.1 Headhones | 3 x 22" monitors Eyefinity | Tt Element G**

Guru Power Poster

They are safe to do crafts. no tying involved.

lmao, they're fun as heck ok...and they're cut out when I buy them and so I don't have to use sharp scissors anymore cause last time it went ALL wrong

nah i have 3 kids coulda been worse lol

did you find one yet?

If not I now have one you can have.
    If Your reading this the topic must be boring.

Sweet Trinity - yes PURE oil is non-conductive, but if the oil were to be contaminated with something, it could become conductive and pose a shock hazard.

There is an experiment carried out in high school physics/chemisty classes where a circuit is made with 120V AC and a light bulb and a tub of water. If the water is pure, it will not conduct and therefore the light bulb will not light, but if sodium is added (salt), the water becomes conductive and the light bulb will light. While oil is much more difficult to contaminate, it is possible, and with Rich's little one running around, I wouldn't chance it personally.

Oh, and then there is the problem of some oils being flammable

P.S: Not saying Rich's little one is bad or anything, but I know how curious mine is and I'm amazed at what little hands can get into in the shortest amount of time (IE when you have your back turned)

oh trust me cruel i know how fast little ones can get into trouble...when our little guy was about a year old he got ahold of a little mirror that we had gotten from avon and it had 4 tiny watch batteries in it and well he got one out and swallowed it was like not even 1/1000th of a sec and it was in his stomach thank god he passed it okay the next day. But anyways i know what you are talking but the chances of his mineral oil catching fire or being contamined are slim to none

Guru Power Poster

Okk I got to say I think its a bad idea if teh firemen come to your door dont be surprised never a good idea to put oil on stuff like that. and that type of oil is the worst of the worst
    ever watch survivor man. starting a fire mineral oil can be used to help start fire so dont think its such a good idea. if you ever watch survivor man good show and gives you an idea that it would be extremely bad idea to use it the way your thinking.
    I hope I dont hear of firemen coming to your house to put out a fire dont take me the wrong way I have good intentions. Im not trying to get on your bad side but its not worth having a early funeral by doing this. cause of a fire by the way Ive looked it up over the internet as well not good not good at all
    Im only saying this cause I care for people dont want to see someone hurt or killed.

i've already well looked into the risks of doing this project and i dont see a problem. the flashpoint of mineral oil is 135 degress Celsius. Destruction of my components will occur at a much lower temp than what it'll take for the whole thing catching fire.

What kinda tray you got kicking around mboy?
    Socrates has one he's gonna drop off for me, but id like to see what you have Mboy.
    Q6600 @ 2.85ghz
    Asus P5N-D 750i
    ATi HD3870
    2GB Kingston Hyper-X PC8500
    Antec PowerTrio 650w

exactly, LONG before it hits that temp the system is going to shut itself down and be pretty well done with but with the heat dispersion he'll get from the oil he'll never have to worry about that

hey there lovetosing there is a project like this in the link that i provided on the first or second page and there's has been running for over six months with no problems you should read it. Here is the link again http://www.pugetsystems.com/submerged.php

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information