Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: I need doggie bathing help!

Guru Power Poster

Default I need doggie bathing help!

Anyone want to bath my dogs for me??? I'm looking at around $40-$50 EACH to get them groomed somewhere. One place even asked if I wanted my Danes ears clipped? [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img] I realize they're big dogs, but that's a lot of $$ to take a hose to a dog...geez. If anything, you'd think it'd be easier to wash them. They just stand there and you scrub them like you would a horse. No special clipping, cutting, poofing or pampering...just a freakin bath on a short haired dog!

I'd do it myself, but my tub isn't big enough to fit Stella, let alone a flailing Ivan. And it's winter, so I can't just hose them down outside...

They were on a mini-vacation recently and since they've been back I've been sneezing non-stop, coughing so much my chest and head feel like they're going to explode and I can hardly breathe [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cry.gif[/img]

This is absolutely horrible for so many reasons! [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cry.gif[/img]
    Busy. Irritated. Leave me alone.

Default Re: I need doggie bathing help!

Tell yer sig other to bring em on over and we will give them a spa treatment [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]

Ears clipped? lol What, are they offering to crop them? [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif[/img]

Hmm... sorry, can't help you out, but I would if I could. If you can't get them in somewhere, there's a hypoallergenic wipe that we carry that you can wipe them with, and it picks up the dander, thus helping with your allergies.

Have you considered "waterless" shampoos? Another option for ya. It's really easy, and doesn't take too much time.

Hehe I am telling her all of that on MSN [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img] I thought the ear clipping was funny too..it would be the quickest clip they ever did!

Guru Power Poster

Hopefully, they can have a good scrubbing bath tonight then I'll check on that waterless shampoo thingie. I used something like that once on my oldest Chi...I was quite bloody after [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif[/img] It was a mess.

I just can't believe how much my allergies intensified since having a baby! I used to just be allergic to cats, guinea pigs, rabbits, etc. Now I can't even pat my dog on the head without choking and feeling my throat closing [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif[/img]

if i had a huge tub or something id offer but my tub is just normal
    i know a lady named joann who does grooming i have her number in my car, i'll get it for u shortly, bc i left my freaking cell fone in the car over night...nice

No worries...she is bringing them over here later this afternoon. I don't mind giving them a suds..if I can wash my girls I can wash her two.

lol
    should be fun!

Guru Power Poster

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kitty&mimi</div><div class="ubbcode-body">if i had a huge tub or something id offer but my tub is just normal</div></div>

I used to bath them when I lived at my dads. His tub is just normal. But my tub here (just like everything else) seems to be miniature [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif[/img]

And kat, Ivan's quite a bit bigger than your girls [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img] and he usually flails his big flippers around lol Ah well...we'll give it a go!

Will you be in the store tomorrow YIPS? I want to stop by and see about that shampoo stuff. Anything that could help would be great! My head feels like it's going to pop off lol

I've bathed them before kuiet [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img] living out here mud season lasts a bit longer than in town. I'll take care of bathing them...you just stand outside of the bathroom with a towel and be ready to catch them lol Dane zoomies are comical but dangerous if you get in the way!

Both pooches are all cleaned up..complete with pedicure! Piece of cake..Ivan leaned like crazy and Miss Stella sat like a perfect lady. Took no time at all and only two of us to do it. Ivan might be bigger but his Momma puts up a much bigger fight LOL

Guru Power Poster

Thanks again, kat!! They smell great! And I've been breathing a bit better since we got home!

You guys are the greatest!!!

Guru Power Poster

I just had some snuggle time with Ivan and I didn't sneeze or cough once [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] Now I just have to keep up with it...ugh. My arms and face are really itchy, though. But that I can deal with!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif[/img]

Some allergy meds for you would help with that Kuiet. Glad we could help out..I was expecting a much bigger fight lol but they were both on their best behaviour [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Guru Power Poster

As they always are at your house [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif[/img] Stupid dogs.

[img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rofl.gif[/img] I think they do it just to annoy you [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rofl.gif[/img]

Guru Power Poster

Probably [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif[/img] They've actually been really good today. Ivan has only barked at nothing once and he hasn't even fallen down the stairs and woke the baby up yet! lol

Dogs actually behave at your house?? Can I bring mine over for a bath too, then??? [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif[/img]

LOL @ Muse..I can't promise that everyone's dogs will behave but Kuiet's are always good for me. Maybe we should set up a bath date? [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rofl.gif[/img]

Wanna take Dakota too? But, you'd have to muzzle her lol, cause she HATES water!! "KAT'S GROOMING SALON"!!!! hehe

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information