Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Problems Feeding Baby

Default Re: Problems Feeding Baby

My kids had cow milk around 9 months old. By that age they weren't interested in formula any more. My doctor said it was fine. One year old is just a recommended age. I put them on whole milk till they were around 2 then just regular 2%.

My kids' pediatrician said when a child is consuming 12 TBS of food in one sitting, they can handle cow's milk. Also, if your baby is only nursing at night, and you start giving her cow's milk, it will probably be within a month that she will refuse to nurse from you anymore. It happened with three of my four children.
    I am not merely a mass of molecules, incoherently careening through time and space. I am a child of God, destined for another world, a world before which this one pales in significance. Our spiritual preparation for the next world is to be the priority of this life.

I had mine on cows milk at 10 months. He was eating great at that point and not very interested in the formula anymore. It was recommended from his dr to put him on Homo milk then at the age of 2 to switch him to 2%. I think it had something to do with the fat content of the milk why the homo was recommended.

I put my kids on homo milk when they were 8-9 months old, all 4 of them. The reason Dr's tell you to keep them on homo milk until they are over 2 is because of the higher fat content, which has more vitamins (the fat soluable ones, a,d) and is better for their rapidly developing brains. I never even switched them after 2 onto 2%, they don't drink alot of milk now, kinda like me so I figure when they do want to drink it, it's better that they drink that. I personally prefer it too, so everyone in the house is just used to it.

Guru Power Poster

I'll have to buy some homo milk next time I'm shopping. I only have 1% and I gave her about an ounce of it and she drank it down fast lol
    Busy. Irritated. Leave me alone.

Guru Power Poster

I figured I'd bring this up instead of starting another one...but I can't get her to eat anything now lol She just screams and pushes it all away [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif[/img] I'm at my wits end, so she's playing/eating orange jello with orange slices in it...

Would she just be going through a "no eating" phase? [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img] All she seems to eat is soda crackers. And she's started wanting to nurse more than usual.

Might be cutting teeth. Both of mine refused to eat solid foods while they were teething.
    “Teachers are expected to reach unattainable goals with inadequate tools. The miracle is that at times they accomplish this impossible task.”
    Haim Ginott

Guru Power Poster

Maybe...I sure hope so. She has slimey, thick drool hanging out of her mouth almost constantly...I was thinking teeth, but maybe from her cold?

(sorry for the visual) [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif[/img]

My 2 year old still has fussy periods where she won't eat food I know she loves. But she's starting to understand that if you don't eat it, you don't get anything else.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information