Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: John Ryan Turner R.I.P

Default John Ryan Turner R.I.P

I realize this happened a long time ago but I feel like I need to share it.

On May 26th 1994 John Ryan Turner died in his home,Miramichi NB.He was 3 years old.

His parents Cpl.Steven Turner and Lorelei Turner were charged with manslaughter.
    They were a millitary family stationed at CFB Chatam
    Testimony at the trial showed that John Ryan was probably held prisoner in his upstairs bedroom,bound in leather harness and gagged with socks.His emaciated body weighed only 20lbs at death and was covered in cuts,bruises and sores.He also had broken bones that had healed by themselves without medical attention.Most people who viewed the autopsy photographs said his body looked like that of a nazi concentration camp victim.

July 24th 1995
    Steven and Lorelei Turner cried when they were sentenced to 16 years in prison for abusing and starving their son to death.The 16 year sentences may be the most severe ever handed down in child abuse cases in Canada.
    Mr.Justice Riordon ,who on June 14th,1995 convicted the Turners of manslaughter,said young John Ryan's death at the hands of his parents was deplorable and unexplainable.Judge Riordon said both parents made a conscious decision to abuse and then ignore their young boy.They should have realized they had a deadly sick boy who needed medical attention.John Ryan had not received medical attention in the 19 mos prior to his death.

The Turners appealed their cases all the way to the supreme court of Canada and lost.

UPDATES

MAY 2000:Lorelei Turner granted day parole

May 22,2002: a panel of the National Parole Board in Kingston,Ontario ruled Lorelei Turner be released on full parole but placed on probation until July 2011. Until then, she must remain within 25 kilometres of her residence, is not allowed unsupervised contact with anyone under 16, and must continue to receive counselling.
    She is believed to be living in Sault St-Marie,Ontario

If you would like to read an article on the parole board's decision

http://www.fact.on.ca/news/news0205/ca02052a.htm

Steven Turner only served 6 years of his 16 year sentence. He was granted full parole in August 2001.After his release,he attended Cambrian College in Sudbury,Ontario for 3 years where he took the Electrical Engineering technology course. He is still residing in the province of Ontario where he works.
    He is now living in the city of Sault St-Marie as well .

I don't mean to offend anyone by posting this and I don't even know if I am in the right forum but I had to fill you all in.

I am from Nova Scotia and I remember when this little one died...horrified everyone.
    I've also seen this topic on Sootoday recently but it keeps getting deleted.
    I can't seem to get around how a parent can do this to their child...& over a 3 year period...tears me apart as a parent/human.

Default Re: John Ryan Turner R.I.P

They should've given him them the death penatly.. I HOPE THEY READ THAT TOO!! Living in the sault! Astonishing how u never know your neigbours!!! Disgusting!! Words cannot express how angry this makes me!!

Becoming a Regular Here

klinjton you wouldnt offend anyone if you told where these people are either.

I agree 110%...I'm glad I posted for those of you who didn't know about this.

I don't know where they are living as in a home address...I wish I did......

The last I heard she is living with her Mother in the Goulais River area.

GRUMPY

Well if you think about it most times they only serve 1/3 of the time so he should have been out in 5 and a bit.

He better know how to fight, even with the army's self defence. He'll get his arse kiked everyday, guarnteed.
    That's what she said !

hes an electrician in the coke ovens.

everyone there had to go through sensitivity training...

Sensitivity training - now thats laughable.
    How utterly ridiculous! He needs the f-ing training.

How anyone could starve a child and abuse him to the point of his death is just beyond me.
    Attitude is contagious - is your's worth catching?
    The heaviest thing you can carry is a grudge..
    Make peace with your past, so it wont spoil the present

apparently he has more rights than his co-workers, hes already received threats via email.

if anyone is caught harassing him or trys to harm him, youre pretty much fired.

apparently he got in before you needed to be bonded, and the only reason he can work there is because he does not work around children.

i know a few people that know this man very well.

GRUMPY

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bowtie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">apparently he has more rights than his co-workers, hes already received threats via email.

if anyone is caught harassing him or trys to harm him, youre pretty much fired.
    </div></div>

NO he has as many rights as anyone else no more no less and company policy is if you get caught harassing ANYONE you will be fired.The guy has served his time and has just as many rights as you or I. I think what he did deserved more time,however he got what he got and theres nothing we can do about it. I'd hate to see anyone lose their job for being stupid. You can not harass him but theres nothing stating you have to like him or be friends.

I disagree with the "theres nothing we can do about it" part...legally your right but at the very least this man and woman deserve to be given a "hard" time for the rest of their lives...you don't just change b/c you served a few years in jail and get hasseled at your place of work...this man can't be much different than the days when he was starving his baby son.

The man served his time, as did his wife.

Just because we don't necessarily agree with it, the law is the law. Harassing him, and threatening him is against the law.

Some people kill me. If you do not like the way our country decides punishments for criminals, then do something about it, such as calling up David O. It is not his fault he only served that amount of time.
    I solemnly swear that I am up to no good

"I cannot live on bread alone...the presence of my dearest Lynys sustains me" - RWGR, 2008

"I did not eat today. I do not need to eat any day, because the presence of my dearest Lynys sustains me" - Aristotle, 2014

"There are three things I've learned never to discuss with people; Religion, politics and the Great Pumpkin." - Linus Van Pelt

"If there is a god, why did he make me an atheist?" - Ricky Gervais

GRUMPY

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KlintonCrystal</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I disagree with the "theres nothing we can do about it" part...legally your right but at the very least this man and woman deserve to be given a "hard" time for the rest of their lives...you don't just change b/c you served a few years in jail and get hasseled at your place of work...this man can't be much different than the days when he was starving his baby son. </div></div>

Give your head a shake but be sure to put your fingers in your ears so no brains come rolling out. All that will do is open up a can of worms for your family and YOUR family will suffer so what do you end up proving? What do you suggest that we take the both of them out and stone them?

I'm glad that the courts were wise enough to take their little girl away from them, and that she was adopted to a unknown family in a unknown place.

GRUMPY

Yes it was a good thing to do.

Wow! I'm not even going to touch this.
    Dogs Have Owners ~ Cats Have Staff

hmmm... oh i see he got in before you had to bonded...gotcha [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]

....i hope he and his wife are soonet members.... and i hope they read every nasty thing thats written about them... and i hope that they cant sleep at night... and i hope that they spend thier entier lives feeling tormented over what they did to their child.....

you're right tippy. Better nt even to touch this one.
    ~*~Whisper words of wisdom, let it be~*~

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lynys</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The man served his time, as did his wife.

Just because we don't necessarily agree with it, the law is the law. Harassing him, and threatening him is against the law.

</div></div>

true and i agree with u
    but that doesnt mean we dont have 2 psychos living among us

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information