Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Westminster Dog Show

Guru Power Poster

Default Re: Westminster Dog Show

Depending on the size of your dog...I could see the pens being handy. If you have a giant dog, you're looking at about $100 for a metal one. Most likely you'll need to purchase two and connect them together because they're no bigger than the size of their crates.

Then there's the fact that I've seen MANY dogs of the medium and up sizes that just push the pens over and get tangled in them then panic. A few years ago one dog did that at the show here, then took off across the arena. It was freaking out, some guy went to stop it from running out the door and the dog bit him. The guys arm was covered in blood.

But don't get me wrong...I have an ex-pen and I love it. It's great for my little guys. I even put a rabbit in there out on my front lawn in the summer. I just don't see them as a necessity.

Crates, however, are a definite necessity in the dog show world! And maybe one of those little clip on fans to keep the pooches cool in the hot summers [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif[/img]
    Busy. Irritated. Leave me alone.

lol, the group of people that I show with use 2 pens and clip them together. The dogs are all pretty good, it depends on how used to the shows they are. Dog shows can be mighty stressful on a dog (and handler!!!)

In our area you can normally see about 5-10 crates as well, and sometimes we have to stack them on top of each other and bungee them like you wouldn't believe.

I'm not a fan of the outdoor shows in like July, they are too hot for the dogs.

My dogs love going to the shows, they think its the best thing in the whole world! (people pay TONS of attention to them yaknow and they get cookies like you wouldn't believe! lol).

Seems, I've picked up another dog to show as well...which is nice [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img] More mini vacations for me! lol

Guru Power Poster

Even with all of the politics and crap...I love dog shows! [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] I absolutely love them.
    Busy. Irritated. Leave me alone.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information