Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Hey! Do we Canadians....

Default Re: Hey! Do we Canadians....

Seal flipper pie bye...

An ex military buddy of mine told me a story about some Greenpeace activists "recruiting" near a CF base in Labrador. They were welcomed into a home and invited to stay for dinner. Tourtiere (meat pie) was on the menu. After dinner was finished and the host (also ex military and a local fisherman) had heard enough he asked if they enjoyed the meal.

Seal Flipper Pie bye...tasty?
    One...Two...Three...Four...Five...Six...Seven...Os wald was a Fag. - The Usual Suspects

Agreed, the method does seem to be horribly short of humane. Speaking as to the validity of the hunt its self; were there not a market would the hunt continue? You can't tell me that they, the hunters are doing this solely for sustenance for themselves and family. Somewhere there must be people who need or want the furs, meat or what have you in exchange for cash. If not, surly the hunt would, if not die a natural death at least decline to a less phobic and photogenic level.
    The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress.
    Joseph Joubert

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Barney Rubble</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i heard that they even club the protesters!!!

</div></div>

I see T1tty [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
    Core I3 540 - Coolermaster Hyper 212+ - 2x2gb Corsair XMS3 - XFX HD6870 - A-Data 32gb ssd + 2 tb hdd - Silverstone 650 watt modular PSU - Thermaltake Xaser III

For those of us(I am one) that take exception to the methods used to dispatch seal pups you might wish to consider how cattle are 'put down'. The methodology is the much same minus the spike, cruel but effective. While in their 'stunned ' state the ritual of preparing your meat for supper begins, I will go no further with gratuitous gruesome details. Pigs are handled in an even more barbaric manner which I don't see the need to expound on here. People the world over require something to occupy their time. Today it is seal pups and smoking. Once they eliminate smoking they will deride the automobile or alcohol for do they not kill when used as prescribed? On and on it goes adnausium.
    Joseph Joubert

I want to try some seal. I have heard that it is just the most tender and tasty meat on the planet. Any Locals here that have family back east that can hook me up?
    One...Two...Three...Four...Five...Six...Seven...Os wald was a Fag. - The Usual Suspects

Sounds daft but I'd be willing to try the meat. I don't think I could dive in the deep end and go with the awfuls or blubber right at the get go.
    Joseph Joubert

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information