Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: do indoor cats need shots?

Default Re: do indoor cats need shots?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Velveteen</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you are getting your cat fixed in March, the cat is old enough to NOT need the whole series of kitten shots, that's why your vet didn't mention more shots. </div></div>
    that makes sense now that i thinkg about it.. they both had shots at the HS before we brought them home.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Where the heck did you go that it already cost you $200? I paid under $60 and that was a checkup, nail clip, flea checkup, ear cleanup, and shots. I go on the Canadian side to Dr. Gunum. </div></div>
    we took them to the place on 3rd Line.
    exam and vac - $83.90 (X2)
    fecal exam - $29.30 (X1)
    after taxes it came to $206.96

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chaotic Chick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am getting my cat vaccinated even though she is an indoor cat in case she ever gets outside. The only reason we haven't yet is she was a stray we found the end of December and she was pregnant when we found her. She is due to have kittens any day now. [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif[/img] </div></div>

how nice of you to take her in. especially being pregnant she really needed someone to help her.

my adult cat who is 4 has never been out of the house except to go to the vet, which is an ordeal and a half, and she has only had one set of shots including the rabies. i will likely get her shots done every couple of years. my younger cat that i got from the HS has had his kitten series plus his rabies and that will be all he gets for at least 2 years. i live in a 2nd floor apartment and there is no way they can get outside so i am not too worried, but i know i won't live here forever, so i plan to get their shots every couple of years just in case i do end up moving somewhere that they might be able to get outside. i don't like the idea of overprotecting them but i don't want to leave them completely unprotected either.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information