Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Leap Year Tradition

Getting my Feet Wet

Default Leap Year Tradition

One of the traditions of a leap year is that it is the one day that a woman can propose to her man. What are you thoughts on this?

Becoming a Regular Here

Default Re: Leap Year Tradition

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lizzie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">One of the traditions of a leap year is that it is the one day that a woman can propose to her man. What are you thoughts on this?</div></div>

Never should a women propose to a man.

Things will never been the same if the man accepted it... lol

Sure, why not??
    Somewhere in a lonely hotel room
    there’s a guy starting to realize
    That eternal fate has turned it's back on him
    It's two a.m.

hmmmmmmm never heard that before, but why not.......... takes a women longer to make up her mind........ lol.... and for good reason : )

I guess I'm old fashioned but I believe man should propose.

We must be cut from the same cloth Macs I believe in the same thing too.

Guru Power Poster

[img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif[/img]

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lizzie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">One of the traditions of a leap year is that it is the one day that a woman can propose to her man. What are you thoughts on this? </div></div>

go for it, you buy the ring too
    *Foxconn X38a * Core2Quad * 8GB DDR2 * ATI 3870 512mbx2 * Razer Barracuda* 2TB Sata2 * Lian Li A16

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: verotik667</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lizzie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">One of the traditions of a leap year is that it is the one day that a woman can propose to her man. What are you thoughts on this? </div></div>

go for it, you buy the ring too </div></div>

Good idea...and considering it's HIS money I will be spending on his ring, that should work out just dandy.

[img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rofl.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/high5.gif[/img]

I proposed to my man. It was so awkward though. It was more of a joke than anything. Just... a serious joke. Lol.

And I did buy a ring - with my OWN money.

I still wish I could have been proposed to though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Yorkie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I proposed to my man. It was so awkward though. It was more of a joke than anything. Just... a serious joke. Lol.

And I did buy a ring - with my OWN money.

I still wish I could have been proposed to though. </div></div>

Trust me it will not last

Simba

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Macs</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I guess I'm old fashioned but I believe man should propose. </div></div>

I feel the same way.

I'm not saying I would propose, but I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing. I'm old fashioned in that way too, for myself anyway.
    Somewhere in a lonely hotel room
    there’s a guy starting to realize
    That eternal fate has turned it's back on him
    It's two a.m.

Becoming a Regular Here

The man is the bread winner 90% of the time and they should be the ones to decide who they shall be spending that money on for years to come.

Simba

lol

hp2

I dunno to me.. marriage is a life long commitment. and if you cannot feel open enough to propose to your man.. or vice versa.. then yous are not 100% compatable.. when me and my man made the decision of marriage it was just not him asking me... IT was more of a talk we had.. HE did not get down on one knee etc... We went together to get my ring.. I dunno I much rather it this way... we were open enough.. LOL my ring came in we went together to pick it up.. he slid it on my finger and we were married 10 months later.. after being together for 5.5 yrs prior.. we also lived together.. so maybe that made the difference.. and here we sit 8 yrs later..

Guru Power Poster

If (and that's a BIG if) I were to ever get married, I wouldn't want my boyfriend to just out of nowhere pop the question. I'd say no...no doubt in my mind, regardless of who he is. I'd want to discuss it first and make a mutual decision. That way, nobody is getting surprised with these shocking questions lol
    Busy. Irritated. Leave me alone.

I think its kinda cool that a woman would want to ask her man to marry her...nothing wrong with that at all! Kudo's to those that have done so. [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

I am old fashioned too. I want to stay home and raise my own kids and cook my hubby's supper for when he gets home from work. And that isn't anything to do with not wanting to work or being lazy. I just don't want someone else raising my babies. And we have talked about this.

I think I told you this before but from the sign of seriousness in our relationship (which was rather quick) he said he would NEVER propose to ANY girl. And if any girl wanted to marry him, she'd have to do the asking. And it was like throughout the rest of our relationship.

I didn't just surprise him. He caught me looking at rings online and I couldn't stop talking about getting married. And then I asked, but again, it was really stupid and awkward and I was WAY to shy to do it. Men are brave.

We went out together to get my ring afterwards.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information