Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 7 yr old birthday party.. any ideas?

Default 7 yr old birthday party.. any ideas?

other than the ususal:
    * gym club
    * bowling
    * movies
    * swimming
    * busplaine

any other suggestions?

Default Re: 7 yr old birthday party.. any ideas?

tobogganning
    skating
    galaxy
    home party with games
    If you are a dog and your owner suggests that you wear a sweater, suggest that he wear a tail.

is it a girl or a boy? for a girl... do a make up party. go and get some old prom dresses... let them play dress up, do their hair and make up... play a few games (like princess and the pea, get a few cushions, put a small marble under a pillow... the girls sit and who ever can figure out where it is gets a prize... instead of hot potato, do it with a really pretty high heal... ) things like that.

or... hollywood movie night! get them all dresses up, get a red carpet and some paps! let them make a special enterance then play a movie for them with popcorn and snacks. when the movie is over, they can go to a grand party!

just a few suggestions off the top of my head.
    If you are not apart of the solution, then you are apart of the problem.

If your the kind of parent that feels like she has something to prove to all the other parents and has to throw the best party, rent out a large space, spend 500 bucks on a crappy dj that shows up looking like a bum and only plays for two hours, have it professionally catered only to find out that the kids don't like that particular kind of food, get custom designed invitations and mail them out with rsvp's, etc...

I've seen these things so over done that they actually turn out to be really pathetic, and in my opinion, they are simple kids that are impressed by the most simple of things, like tote bags, sloppy joes & hotdogs, a gehttoblaster pumping out the mini pops, and dollar store invitations / party favours. My cousin asked me last summer what she could do to make her kids party diffrent, and all I suggested was to make it a theme party and have them come dressd up in costumes, she was ecstatic and the party was a great success.

Sorry angel I was replying at the same time you were but you beat me to it with the dressing up thing, oh well, I guess great minds think alike.
    The more friends you have on your facebook list, the less you have in real life.

wow...

oh, and i am a parent that goes nuts for my daughters birthday too. Last year we spent a fortune! We had the custom made birthday cards along with them we sent a purse filled with special things. we had the party at a special location where there was one staff member per kid. they had two hours of total pampering.... and they loved it. Would i do it again... you're darn tooting. it has nothing to do with impressing anyone... it has to do with making it as special a day as i can for my daughter... and her friends. This year will be no different.

the karate place down on wellington does karate birthday parties, the kids have a blast

home party with a circus theme..
    make tickets for games
    tickets for popcorn ect.
    have an older kid be a clown
    another one painting faces.

simple but fun for a kid [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
    “When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself"

Guru Power Poster

OMG. How does a thread about a 7 year olds birthday party turn so freakin ugly so fast. WTF people...
    Busy. Irritated. Leave me alone.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Baphomet</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Angel On High</div><div class="ubbcode-body">oh, and i am a parent that goes nuts for my daughters birthday too. Last year we spent a fortune! We had the custom made birthday cards along with them we sent a purse filled with special things. we had the party at a special location where there was one staff member per kid. they had two hours of total pampering.... and they loved it. Would i do it again... you're darn tooting. it has nothing to do with impressing anyone... it has to do with making it as special a day as i can for my daughter... and her friends. This year will be no different. </div></div>

Excellent!!! I'm glad that you are raising your daughter to be a materialistic, self indulgent and ungodly blasphemer. All children should be spoiled rotten and given whatever they want so that they can be easily deceived and tempted by you know who.

Teach them young so that they are nice and ready for the world of the future. </div></div>

You could take them to church and read all those great stories.
    *Foxconn X38a * Core2Quad * 8GB DDR2 * ATI 3870 512mbx2 * Razer Barracuda* 2TB Sata2 * Lian Li A16

really....I was just asking for ideas so that the kids don't do the same thing over and over again. If a child gets invited to even 1/2 of their classmates b-day parties.... it is approx 10 per year... just looking for originality NOT to teach my daughter to be materialistic...

that's is why I have not posted anything on here for awhile... everyone is so quick to judge without even knowing a person!

a heartfelt thank you to those that replied with great ideas

J*B

Take that bonehead with a grain of salt, definitely a pickle or two short of a jar there..
    Better yet, you know where the ignore button is..

Senior Member Luv to be on the GO's Avatar

ZANUAZ...
    I believe that SARCASTIC remark that BAPHOMET posted
    was for Angel On High
    Some people are so damn ignorant !!

Getting warmed up...

Some people just suck! lol Ignore them.

What about a sleigh ride? Now that we have all this nice fresh snow. grrr

Is it for boys or girls or a combination of both? Just curious?

just girls... thanks

Years ago I had a movie theme party for my then young daughter.

The movie was "Chicken Run". First the kids watched the movie, then the rest of the activities were based on being a chicken.

They loved the idea of having to eat popcorn and cake without using their hands. Messy, but a large plastic sheet protected the floor and much fun was had by all.

Had a winter campout/sleepover once to. I set up a tent in the spare bedroom, meal was hot dogs and marshmallows cooked in the fireplace. It was chilly out, but outdoor games and activities was the schedule for that day. Busted in pinata in the snow and watched everyone dig.

This is the husband of the wife some of you people so kindly attacked with your non-usful garbage.

My daughter asked if we could do some of the things my wife listed, and my wife decided to ask for other opinions as we find some of these things too expensive.

We really didn't need the people, who apparently are up for parent of the year to launch a personal attack on my daughters wishes.

Next time, blow off your steam on your family members, not mine!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ZanunZ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is the husband of the wife some of you people so kindly attacked with your non-usful garbage.

My daughter asked if we could do some of the things my wife listed, and my wife decided to ask for other opinions as we find some of these things too expensive.

We really didn't need the people, who apparently are up for parent of the year to launch a personal attack on my daughters wishes.

Next time, blow off your steam on your family members, not mine!!

</div></div>

I will apologize for the insensitivity of some of the posters in this thread. I understand your upset. I hope you come up with a party idea that isn't too expensive.

I've learned that if you use your imagination, you can do very well on a slim budget. Let your daughter participate in the planning, I did. That was half the fun for her.

Ya know, winter is such a crappy time to have a bday party. i mean, sleigh ride, excellent idea. I have to work the weekend we are having it, sounless other parents are willing to tag along, its too hard for one person to watch all the kids. Now adays, the legal actions that can come about if someone gets hurt on a sleigh ride is terrible.

Plus, you plan now and what if the snow melts by the time we have the party...plan B.

When I was young, I lived in a small town. Large lot so we played hide and seek, kick the can etc. Lots of space, almost no need for supervision, but my dad made sure we stayed within the boundaries. Great time. We don't have enough "land" to have that much fun now so that sucks. If her bday was in summer, we put up a pool, we have a fire pit, well metal fire place in back yard etc. That would be fun.

I suggested something in the house, but we are gonna wait until she is a couple years older for that as we have ideas for then. Plus, our 2 kids wreck our place now, you add 9 more and we might as well sell our home and take a loss lol

I know when I was young, I didn't have options of bowling, movies, stuff like that, so I think it is cool that places have included these in their business. Sometimes it can be pricey.

We did the bowling alley last year, and wanted something new this year. the horton has a who, or whatever is coming out the weekend we are planning for and my daughter wants to see it, so we figured we may do the theater thing.

We just wanted some "not so well known" places that people have tried and would suggest to do.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information