Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ??? about breathing issues

Guru Power Poster

Default ??? about breathing issues

I developed severe allergies to my dogs after I had my daughter and in the last couple weeks, my breathing has been getting worse and worse. When I breathe, I feel a rattling deep in my chest and no matter how much I cough and hack, I can't cough it up (sorry if that sounds gross lol)

I've always had issues breathing, but nothing like this. I can't carry on a conversation without stopping and choking and coughing. It crossed my mind that I may have developed asthma...but I don't know anything about asthma, like symptoms, etc.

Does anyone know what my issue might be? And yes, I know my dogs are my issue...they're not going anywhere, though. I also can't use any sort of chemicals/detergents/cleaning fluids that are scented. I used to use Oust air cleaner but my lungs would literally close up and I'd stop breathing [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif[/img]
    Busy. Irritated. Leave me alone.

Default Re: ??? about breathing issues

it might not be asthma, it could be allergies
    talk to ur dr, u might have a chest xray or something
    ask your mom about "natural" stuff to help clear u up [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]

Senior Member The 6th Member Of AC/DC's Avatar

Dont mess around with this. Go see a breathing doctor and he will check you out for allergic reactions as well as asthma..

Guru Power Poster

My mom and her hippy cures irritate me [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif[/img] Almost everything she makes me do works, but I just don't feel like a lecture lol My family keeps telling me to get rid of my dogs...which can't/won't happen so I avoid telling them I'm sick cause everything is the dogs fault lol But my mom actually is pushing me to buy some miracle $400 air cleaner thingy.

I know I should see my doctor [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif[/img] I just don't want to lol

Senior Member The 6th Member Of AC/DC's Avatar

Do it

Guru Power Poster

I will when I get around to it...

Is this what asthma is, though? Or does this sound like something else?

it sounds like severe allergies, i hope you get over it because it will get worse as it goes on unfortunatly

that air cleaner thing supposedly is good
    i thought about getting it
    the oreck one....they sell it on their site, very $$$ though

Guru Power Poster

My moms friend sells some sort of miracle air cleaner lol They're like $350 for the small ones! She's bugging me to buy one...pfft...the thing would probably die after the first day in my house. These dogs are so freakin dusty.

If it is just allergies (which I'm hoping it is...I don't want the alternative) could I just take a Claritan every day or something? Or do they have inhalers for allergies?

Air cleaners that are hepa are amazing. Makes a huge difference in our house. If they get unplugged, we certainly notice the quality change in the air. If I didn't have them, my husband would most likely not be around because of his allergies. His chest gets tight and he wheezes because of the dogs and cats. It's horrible for him.

He takes Reactine every day but still has to have the air cleaners. The inhalers help open up your lungs and some help keep them open, but they aren't necessarily for allergies.

Get the air cleaner, you won't regret it. And get your butt to a doctor, you need to know what's going on. Getting in to see a doctor who specializes in breathing takes a long while.
    "Everyone can rise above their circumstances and achieve success if they are dedicated to and passionate about what they do."

Guru Power Poster

I'll have to wait a couple weeks for the doctor thing...I have no time at all during the day right now [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif[/img]

allergies or asthma you need to get yourself to a Dr. If your dogs or kids were having the problems you are harving what would you do?
    Get a hepa filter it can't hurt but you need to see a Dr.

Guru Power Poster

I know I need to see a doctor. Unfortunately, I can't for a couple weeks and I don't feel like sitting in our non-existant emerg for hours and hours...until then, I was just curious if anyone with experience with asthma could tell me if that's what it may be...or if it's just allergies.

Allergies can cause asthma. With asthma you could have difficulty talking like you describe and not be coughing anything up.
    With the rattling you should have a chest x-ray. You need 1 anyways to check the health of your lungs.
    If you go to emerg, tell them you are having trouble breathing and your chest hurts.

If you had developed asthma, you would know it, without seeing a doctor you would probably have suffocated without any medication. My B/F has a cat which I have severe alergies to and and it makes my asthma much worse. I just pop a 24 hr reactine or generic equivelant and I seem to do just fine. Do you hear yourself weezing? in the intern untill you can see a doctor go to the washroom, put a towel under the door and crank the hot water, the steam should help you breath alot easier, also some vicks vapor rub ought to help a bit too. you may want to consider going to the walk in though, breathing problems are bad and as for the waiting... trust me when I say "When you can't breath, nothing else really matters"
    Love like you've never been hurt
    Sing like nobody's listening
    Dance like nobody's watching
    And Live Like it's Heaven on Earth
    - Mark Twain

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information