Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Looking for 10 Gal and under tanks

Guru Power Poster

Default Looking for 10 Gal and under tanks

I'm looking for any 10 gal tanks and under that anyone may have laying around and want to sell [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

Doesn't need to have a lid, light or anything. Just glass would be fine, too [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks!!!
    Busy. Irritated. Leave me alone.

Default Re: Looking for 1 Gal tanks

new home for the flowerhorns? lol j/k
    Core I3 540 - Coolermaster Hyper 212+ - 2x2gb Corsair XMS3 - XFX HD6870 - A-Data 32gb ssd + 2 tb hdd - Silverstone 650 watt modular PSU - Thermaltake Xaser III

Guru Power Poster

Ack! The cursed Flowerhorns are already gone [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif[/img] "Bring good luck" my [censored]...stupid things lol

Actually, I think I have a Betta obsession [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/blush.gif[/img]

ah I see.
    Core I3 540 - Coolermaster Hyper 212+ - 2x2gb Corsair XMS3 - XFX HD6870 - A-Data 32gb ssd + 2 tb hdd - Silverstone 650 watt modular PSU - Thermaltake Xaser III

i went through a betta craze a few years ago. i had 14 of them all over the place at my dads. people thought i was nuts. next time i go over there i could look and see if any of my old bowls/tanks are still there, they probably aren't but i'll check anyways and let you know. if they are still there i'm sure he would be glad to have them rid of.

Guru Power Poster

Ohhh that would be awesome!! Let me know if you find any and what you want for them [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

People already think I'm crazy...5 tanks, 3 dogs and a senile old cat haha

haven't been able to reach him yet, but i'll let you know.

hp2

hope that stuff was alright for ya...

Guru Power Poster

Perfect! Thank you so much! I've got a boy floating in the bowl right now [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

I would have bought more fish...I'm running out of tanks again lol [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cry.gif[/img]

finally got ahold of my dad, i guess he got rid of whatever i had left behind a month ago. apparently i had given him permission to do so a long time ago... i somehow doubt it... so sorry, i guess i don't have any of my bowls left.

Guru Power Poster

That's ok, orchid [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img] Thanks for trying lol

I'd really like anything around the 5-10 gal range...that way, I can set up a proper filtration system and a heater. Plus, I can divide the tank to fit more [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]

just keep in mind bettas prefer something longer and shallower so that they don't have as far to go for a breath of air. they also prefer still water to moving water, makes for better nesting. my guys used to build nests that would cover nearly the entire surface of their bowl/tank.

i had a breeding pair for a while, but unfortunately only a couple of fry ended up surviving into adulthood. its really neat to watch the male take care of them while they are still in the egg sac. they would sink to the bottom and he would go pick them up and spit them back into his bubble nest. then once they hatched he would eat them... that was how i lost most of them, i didn't get to them before he did.

Guru Power Poster

Yep. I don't have anything with a powerful flow but filtration is definitely needed. It's the surface movement that bothers them the most. And because of their huge man-made fins (mostly VT's) they have a hard time with powerful flows.

I've been having a heck of a time dealing with ammonia issues in the bowl my Plakat is in. I've been doing 50% water changes every day to keep it in check. I finally got my lid for my 5 gal and another divider for my 10, so I'm going to put the 3 boys in the 10 gal tonight hopefully [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

if ur on city water try well water were there is no clorine in and allow bacteria to grow thats what im doing for my nine tanks that i have and with a 5 or 10 gallon tank i dont think u will need a heater my 2 10gal and 1 5gal dont have any and the temp is around 26 to 28c just my 15 35 and 75 have heaters

Guru Power Poster

Well, my house is pretty cold and the temp just doesn't get that high without a heater. Even in the summer, my house is chilly.

The problem I was having with ammonia was because the stuff I was using (came with the tank in one of those kits) was a joke and didn't do anything lol I switched to a better brand and it corrected it [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

cool i have some good conditioner but but with my cichlids i have to change water steady and its all new setups that we have and we just changed to well water and its made a huge diff in our tanks and a cheap way to heat the tanks is buy getting heat lights or just the reg one our house is not that warm but the light keep the tanks worm if ur looking for a cheap place to buy heaters go to pet food whearhouse in church hill plaza u can get a 100 watt one for 15$ with tax i have baught a lot of stuff over the past few weeks and know were to get the stuff for the best buck now and u dont want to know what i have i spent

Guru Power Poster

Oh geez...you don't want to know what I've spent, either!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif[/img]

i got over 1200$ in 2 1/2 weeks

Guru Power Poster

You're brave. I don't keep track [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/blush.gif[/img]

i got one more tank comming friday i hope i can get rid of 2 tanks cause its way bigger i want most of my cichilds in one tank

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information