Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: poddle

Default poddle

does anyone know where the topic about the missing poddle from the cornor of douglas and korah road went to

Guru Power Poster

Default Re: poddle

I don't know, but there's a facebook group for it.
    Busy. Irritated. Leave me alone.

Guru Power Poster

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...4569015&ref=nf

I know how you feel...I'm just glad my little one doesn't like strangers [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img] Someone would have to be pretty desperate to try to steal him.

Guru Power Poster

I agree [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif[/img] I'd be heartbroken, that's for sure.

It's sad that people resort to stealing dogs...

I don't know much about this situation, but I'm hoping someone just picked the dog up and is going to look for it's home [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif[/img]

hope that is what happened.........would like the find the first post they had more pictures posted there.....i feel so bad for the owners of the dog.....if i could help i sure would

Here's a thought.....how about people start tying up their dogs. [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]
    Dogs Have Owners ~ Cats Have Staff

I was just wondering if this dog is the one in question that is missing? My fiance witnessed a similar looking dog get hit by a truck (SUV) at the corner of Douglas and Korah. Him and a taxi driver tried to help the dog but he got up and started running and they were unable to catch him. He was clearly injured. It is my hope that maybe someone picked him up and got him some medical attention. Have you tried putting flyers out in the neighbourhood? Keep me posted, I would love to help any way I can.

oh poor baby!

i was wondering too evelyn about that post and why it was deleted, besides the mods the original poster can decide to delete.

tippi, it sometimes happens that the chain breaks. or something you just didnt realize could happen happens. my guys have gotten away a few times over the years - it is terrible - thank god for good people and the humane society. we check our collars and chains and connections regularily, but sometimes unforseen things happen. it is ahorrible feeling to have them lost out there.

bbydoll that was so nice of your hubby and the taxi driver to try and help the dog, poor little guy. hope someone was able to find and help him.

hhmmmm, toy poodle hit by suv... i hate to sound pesimistic, but what are the chances that the dog survived? its very unfortunate, but a little dog like that should never be put outside by itself for any length of time. almost anything could happen to a toy poodle. i feel for the owners of this dog, it really is tragic. hopefully theres was not the same one that was seen hit by an suv, but it would be a pretty big coincidence.

Careful what you post because the thread will be deleted. :rollseyes:

I don't know what happened to the posts but I think they were probably deleted for a reason? Maybe they found the dog or something. Either way though, the stressed out owner doesn't need you guys nagging her.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: *~TippiKitty~*</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here's a thought.....how about people start tying up their dogs. [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]
    </div></div>
    Heres a thought too, [censored] happens ! I had a Beagle get away and he was tied up in a fenced in back yard.
    May you always have love to share,

health to spare,

and friends that care.

WEll it is my hope that the dog is on his/her way to recovery. AND yes unfortunately BEEP does happen and well I think the comments are as irrational as expecting your children to reach adulthood scratch free.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Millie</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: *~TippiKitty~*</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here's a thought.....how about people start tying up their dogs. [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]
    </div></div>
    Heres a thought too, [censored] happens ! I had a Beagle get away and he was tied up in a fenced in back yard. </div></div>

You're right [censored] happens BUT this dog was let out to roam free on purpose!!!!!! So everyone can stop thinking I'm the bad one! I don't and will NEVER agree with anyone letting their dog run free for ANY reason. Why do I even bother coming in this section anymore.

Guru Power Poster

I agree, Tippi. I'm VERY against unleashed dogs unless they're in your own fenced in yard.

However, it's still a shame that the dogs have to pay the price. It's not their fault they were let out to roam.

even in a fenced in yard, as millie mentioned, a dog can sometimes find its way out, whether on their own or with assistance. a dog should never be left outside on their own, for long periods of time without some kind of supervision, even if it is only opening the door and looking to see that they are there and ok. glance out the window periodically, its not a hard thing to do. and with little dogs especially, the owner should be going out with the dog. if people did this more often then there would be fewer dogs running loose out there, fewer dogs being taken from their property, and fewer dogs getting hit by cars.

Guru Power Poster

100% agreed, orchid [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/beerchug.gif[/img]

I understand...accidents happen. I've had my own get out on me when I was standing right there (thankfully!)

Even as I type this, though, I'm looking out my window at an unleashed dog standing out there with it's owner. It is those people and dogs that I have issues with. People who willingly let their dogs roam free without any type of confinement. I don't mean accidentally getting out, but let out...I strongly disagree with that practise [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/no_no.gif[/img]

I agree with Tippi. Dog owners should be sure their dogs are secure. I know sometimes they manage to escape one way or another but lots of people in this city do not have fenced yards and they just open the door and let their dog outside expecting it to stay near the house. Dogs don't plan ahead they react to immediate situations. They expect their dog to not be agressive with other innocent dogs walking by leashed with their owners. There are several in my area and I have seen them run accross Korah Rd to get to another dog standing on my front step. I have had to drive down side streets very slowly because there are dogs roaming in the middle of the road. If you wont let your kid play on the road whey let your dog.

OK done with my rant.
    If you want the best seat in the house, move the dog.

The first dog I had used to make a game of getting out of the back yard when I first moved in, it reached the point where she'd lay on her side and wiggle back and forth till she got under the bottom board. Once she got out she'd come around to the front door and just sit there.
    May you always have love to share,

health to spare,

and friends that care.

Some dogs are smarter than their own good... lol
    If you want the best seat in the house, move the dog.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information