Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: poddle

Default Re: poddle

I have to put my dog out with a pad lock when I'm out for the day. If not he would on occasion get off some how.
    If Your reading this the topic must be boring.

I know what you mean. I don't know how many times I've come home and my dog would come out of her dog house while her chain stayed inside, I was ever glad that she wasn't a runner and would stay at home or only go as far as the house next door to visit their dog as they were super close to each other.
    May you always have love to share,

health to spare,

and friends that care.

today i let my dog out on her tie up. It is one of them ones that is wire wrapped in plastic coating. the package said it was rated for a 100 pound dog. and i just bought it liek 2 months ago. My dog is aroudn 40 pounds. I let her out, went inside to get my gloves to shovel the driveway, and she managed to break the wire. Thank god she was just running in the back yard jumping in the snow. But things beyond our control do happen. I am sorry for the loss of your puppy. [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif[/img]
    Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam, which means "Either I will find a way or I will make one."

Very true no matter how great a dog owner you are it can happen to you also. Gee I guess thats why they are called accidents.

health to spare,

and friends that care.

thats also why supervision of some sort is a must. unless you have a chainlink fence 8 feet high and buried at least 2 feet underground, no dog should be left outside for more than a few minutes unattended. it just isn't safe for them.

Don't bother orchid they just don't get it.
    Dogs Have Owners ~ Cats Have Staff

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: orchid</div><div class="ubbcode-body">thats also why supervision of some sort is a must. unless you have a chainlink fence 8 feet high and buried at least 2 feet underground, no dog should be left outside for more than a few minutes unattended. it just isn't safe for them. </div></div>

Even then it ain't enough one of the dogs I was interested they warned about her ability to climb these fences.

health to spare,

and friends that care.

When I tie my little dog outside, I have to stand at the patio doors to watch her, I cant/wont walk away. There are a few people on my street who neglect to spay and neuter and there are 2 known unaltered males that will go after "any" dog [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif[/img]
    Not to mention the dogs who live kiddie corner to us that jump the fence. They are fixed but they bite and it would be nothing for them to go after my dog.
    Adopting one pet will not change the world but, it will change the world for that one pet.

I am very sorry for your loss [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif[/img] My hubby was pretty shaken up after it happened. We are sorry we couldn't get to him and sorry that he had to suffer. It is my hope that the driver feels remorse for what happened.

which is why if a dog, even a climber, is supervised, the supervisor has a chance to intervene before the dog has a chance to get away. anyway, my whole point is that dogs should not be left on their own if there is any conceivable chance that they can get loose or get into something that may cause them harm. we are the ones who need to recognize the risks and do whatever we can to eliminate them. likewise inside the home. it is up to the human in the dogs life to ensure that anything that might bring them harm is kept out of the dogs reach. if the dog is especially bad for getting into things like the garbage, or chewing things then a secure crate or an empty room is a must. its inevitable that dogs will have to spend some time by themselves. but it is up to us to ensure that the time they spend alone is in as safe an environment as possible. this takes some trial and error, but it has be done with some degree of sensibility. once it has been established that the dog isn't a chewer, or a climber, or a runner... then we can slowly start allowing a little more freedom and relax a little bit with supervision. just as with children, it takes time to really see what a dogs personality is like and to figure out what the boundaries are, especially with rescue animals because chances are they have had a very insecure past.

i'm not trying to come down on anyone, or start anything, i'm only expessing my opinion. a dogs safety is up to the humans in its life.

it is also up to us to teach them as best we can and to fullest extent of their understanding, what is and isn't acceptable.

Very true, I can't see how anyone could argue with the valid points you made.

health to spare,

and friends that care.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> It is my hope that the driver feels remorse for what happened. </div></div>

Your kidding right?
    Dogs Have Owners ~ Cats Have Staff

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bbydoll</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am very sorry for your loss [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif[/img] My hubby was pretty shaken up after it happened. We are sorry we couldn't get to him and sorry that he had to suffer. It is my hope that the driver feels remorse for what happened. </div></div>

I'm quite sure that most people would be quite sad over the whole thing no matter who is in the right or wrong a life was lost.

health to spare,

and friends that care.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information