Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Christmas cookie exchange?

Default Christmas cookie exchange?

Is anyone doing the cookie exchange again this year? Would like to do it again myself. let me know.

Default Re: Christmas cookie exchange?

yesum I'm in. I will exercise and diet after christmas! yes hopefully someone will be able to open up their house again for the cookie exchange and maybe we can bring even an extra half dozen goodies to share with everyone. the more the merrier.
    LIFE IS SHORT: BREAK THE RULES! FORGIVE QUICKLY! LAUGH UNCONTROLLABLY! KISS SLOWLY! LOVE TRULY!

sounds good. i shall be more prepared this year!! LOL

someone open there house for us!

maybe this time, have it planned?

Bring extra cookie/bars whatever.
    chit
    drink tea/coffee
    chat
    take cookies and leave!!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img] just kidding..
    Cant keep a secret, if it never was a secret to start..

I'd be in again too. Much as I HATE to cook/bake...well, even just stand in my kitchen... the cookie exchange was a fantastic idea.
    [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

I'd like to do it too. What do we do? and what happens? I'd like to meet some of the people off here. Someone email me and let me know what it's all about.. Thanks!!

I think I'd like to be in it this year, are you looking for somewhere central to have it, or does it matter?
    I am not merely a mass of molecules, incoherently careening through time and space. I am a child of God, destined for another world, a world before which this one pales in significance. Our spiritual preparation for the next world is to be the priority of this life.

I don't think it matters much, but probably more centralized so the people from either end don't have to drive across the city. Last time it was at the top of the hill off North St, wasn't it?
    LIFE IS SHORT: BREAK THE RULES! FORGIVE QUICKLY! LAUGH UNCONTROLLABLY! KISS SLOWLY! LOVE TRULY!

What would be involved for the host?
    “When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself"

Basically a place for everyone to get together exchange the goodies. If we decide we want to sit and chat with each other maybe coffee and or tea if possible. I'm sure a few of us could bring some of the supplies for the coffee and tea and fixings as well as paper cups.
    Don't forget to add the recipe to your goodies for future reference. I think I'm going to make macaroons but its still early.

I'm central, and I have a big house, I'd just be afraid that a few people might not want to participate if it were at my house.
    I am not merely a mass of molecules, incoherently careening through time and space. I am a child of God, destined for another world, a world before which this one pales in significance. Our spiritual preparation for the next world is to be the priority of this life.

why is that jackie? if you are central and have a big house and are offering to host? i think that sounds very nice!

Okay then, I have a few questions for someone who went last year, since I didn't attend. Was it on a Saturday, how close to christmas was it, and how many cookies per person, a dozen? I think last year's had 13 people involved...

so, if there we 13 people I'd have to make 13 dozen cookies? WOW, hubby would HAVE TO help for sure..haha. Maybe I'll make bear poop cookies? Someone let me know what's going on I'd love to do something like that. Hubby would love to eat all the differnt cookies I'm sure....lol

i went last year. we met at a house (sweettart) at the top of north st. we brought our individually packaged 13 dozen cookies and left them each in a little pile on these tables she had out. then we sat and chatted in her rec room till everyone got there. she had coffee and tea for everyone. when everyone had arrived, we each took one of the cookie packages till we had all 13 varieties.

we didnt bring a few extra to share, but i have been to other exchanges before where they did. i dont think anyone included recipes either, but in others they have.

i simply dont have any time this year, so i wont be participating this time. but it was very nice last year.

I don't know why some people wouldn't want to go to your house? Like Kitca said your offering to host you have a large enough house if someone doesn't want to join us because of whose house we go to then tough. Now me on the other hand I think some people would have a problem with lately. [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif[/img] ohhhh well it goes with the soonet territory!

Oh thats too bad Kitca, it was great seeing you last year, for the first time! Yeah it was at Sweettarts house your right I couldn't remember, I thought her online name was pattycakes, oops! This year I would like to possibly bring a half dozen extra if possible for nibbling purposes while we sit and chat, if that is what we are going to do. We don't have to though. I guess its up to the host(ess).

I would be interested in an exchange too..I've done it at work previously, just nobody wants to bake that much there, and I enjoy it. I live in the P-Patch, and could host too, if anyone is interested!

So it sounds like we are up to about 8 so far. we should pick a day in December that would be good for everyone soon so we have a goal. I'm good anywhere from the 13 Dec- christmas other than daytime 18-19 Dec and nighttime on the 20-21.

I am interested in doing this too.. sounds fun
    “When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself"

Would it be okay if we made it on a saturday? If not, I might send my husband anyway..haha

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information