Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: WTB Clown Loaches

Default WTB Clown Loaches

Anyone who is wanting to sell this species I will be more then happy to accept. I have a 130 gallon tank with ver ygood filtration.
    PM me

Default Re: WTB Clown Loaches

have you checked out other loaches too? as there are many interesting types. If no one has any talk to Pat at Foremost and he'll order you some. Quite often he has them in stock if I remember right.
    May you always have love to share,

health to spare,

and friends that care.

Yes Dave has them. I bought all my clown loaches there and my zebra loaches there.
    Dogs Have Owners ~ Cats Have Staff

This is all true, but I would wanna buy quite abit to start off with like 20 minimum. And I know clowns are not cheap even when small.
    I will go see Pat sometime this weekend or next week and see what he can arrange....

Thank you

Wow it could be expensive for that many. You never know tho, Dave may be able to give you a deal if your going to buy that many. I have had him order me fish before and everything went fine. Good luck!

Why so many if I may ask? Have you thought about maybe getting a mixture of loaches as they all get along with each other. such as Clown,Zebra, Yoyo and my favorite the Weather loaches. In fact if you do decide to get the weather loach I might pop in and see about getting 6 or 8 myself (think I'll do it anyways). I like them because they are different, when you are doing something in the tank while the other fish hide they'll come and nibble on the hair on your fingers. One warning though about weathers you have to keep the top closed no small holes or anything or they'll get out.

health to spare,

and friends that care.

Cause I was just thinking of doing a tank with just clowns. Like just have a school of them, thought it would be cool. I am aware of the other loaches but clowns are my fav.

OK, I see what you are after now, one thing would be a given and thats you'd never have to worry about any snails.

health to spare,

and friends that care.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Millie</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> while the other fish hide they'll come and nibble on the hair on your fingers. </div></div>

That's too funny. What if you don't have hair on your fingers? [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rofl.gif[/img]

You are aware of the lifespan and size of Clown Loaches I presume?
    i5 2500K at 4.9 Ghz, H100, OCZ Vertex 4, Corsair M4, Samsung EVO 850, Zotac GTX 1070 AMP! Edition, 2 x 8GB Hyper X Fury, Corsair 600T, Samsung 2443BW, Asus PB278Q 2560x1440

health to spare,

and friends that care.

I am. I want them by all means to get as big as permitted. I believe the lifespan is somewhere in between 12-15 years? I have never had a clown get over 3-4 inches before but I do have some friends that have some well on 6-8inches. I see their's and envy it.

Penny's pets has 2 big clown loaches in their 31 gallon setup. If you have not checked them out yet, you should.
    As for their age, I have read up to 30 years.
    They will do great in a 130 gallon. I find that in a bigger tank the fish tend to grow larger. If I compare my cychlids to the ones in the store, big difference in size.
    i5 2500K at 4.9 Ghz, H100, OCZ Vertex 4, Corsair M4, Samsung EVO 850, Zotac GTX 1070 AMP! Edition, 2 x 8GB Hyper X Fury, Corsair 600T, Samsung 2443BW, Asus PB278Q 2560x1440

No I did not see those, doubt they would sell them though. I went to foremost today and talked to a lady there about ordering 20 or so. I will go and see Pat on Monday and see what he can arrange.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information