Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: looking for a good mechanic

Simba

Default Re: looking for a good mechanic

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: moooochi</div><div class="ubbcode-body">or you can try Kelly's service centre by the Bitonit motors on Carmens Way/second line </div></div>

[img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/high5.gif[/img]

AS I MADE A CORRECTION it wasnt kelly's that did a bad job it was excel he did a safety and in order to pass safety ur brake's have to be working properly i have 15 yrs exp as a mechanic worked in different areas of mechanics including trucking where trucks get inspected regulary and for 2 of the companys i worked for i always got a good boy sticker cause i had my fleet well maintained. this car that is being talked about in my earlier post should of never passed safety with roted out rocker panels and bad breaks its the law from the m.t.o i can tell a fly by night safety from a good one it deppends on the guy and how well u know ur costumer and personaly i wont safety a car for someone who is selling a car to someone els cause the cutumer always finds something to hassel u with even if it has nothing with what u did so other advice would be take it to ur own mechanic when u get one done but for this instant is the owner did a bad job and did a fly by night job and being careless with someones life
    now is that good work or bad

So I would assume you reported them to the MTO before you did the work and had them look at the car?

Yes it has the 2.7 engine and has 136,000kms on it. Sounds good running smooth and quiet, just acted up on sat. oil was full and clean b4 oil change and after.
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass,It's learning to dance in the rain.

Hey Punky... You may not remember, but I had a similar problem with mine. I cannot remember what the part was, but it would stall on me while I was driving. Had something to do with a connection (if I remember correctly, it had something to do with a magnet-like part) Anyway, once that part was changed, it was good as new.

I did a quick google search, and this kinda sounds similar to your problem.

Intrepid
    I solemnly swear that I am up to no good

"I cannot live on bread alone...the presence of my dearest Lynys sustains me" - RWGR, 2008

"I did not eat today. I do not need to eat any day, because the presence of my dearest Lynys sustains me" - Aristotle, 2014

"There are three things I've learned never to discuss with people; Religion, politics and the Great Pumpkin." - Linus Van Pelt

"If there is a god, why did he make me an atheist?" - Ricky Gervais

Thanks lynys, i just hope it's nothing seriuos or expensive!!
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass,It's learning to dance in the rain.

When I got it done, it was a really cheap problem. I found a few more articles about stalling. Could be a loose wire that is causing your problem!

Oh, and say hi to the Mr. [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
    I solemnly swear that I am up to no good

"I cannot live on bread alone...the presence of my dearest Lynys sustains me" - RWGR, 2008

"I did not eat today. I do not need to eat any day, because the presence of my dearest Lynys sustains me" - Aristotle, 2014

"There are three things I've learned never to discuss with people; Religion, politics and the Great Pumpkin." - Linus Van Pelt

"If there is a god, why did he make me an atheist?" - Ricky Gervais

The oil level was right up and the oil light flickers on when running?
    check out http://www.oilsludge.com/

J*B

2.7 motors (If you happen to have one in your Intrepid) are known for a manufacturing defect and if you don't use synthetic oil in them or at least change the regular oil every couple thousand miles they get sludged up and the top end starves for oil, many have self destructed prematurely.

my friend got him to pay for the parts and my time to fix his breaks and left it at the but they told him pay up or they will be called he did so he did pay up and now they wont deal with him no more and they tell thier friends to go see someone els

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Punkydo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Yes it has the 2.7 engine and has 136,000kms on it. Sounds good running smooth and quiet, just acted up on sat. oil was full and clean b4 oil change and after. </div></div>
    if it stalls on you and doesnt start again...check your cam sensor...this had just happened to me on a 95 intrepid 3.5L...all i did was clean up the sensor and loaded some dielectric grease in it and it hasnt happened to me since.

so clean it up first (the connections) and plug it back in...if it works GREAT! then go get die grease so no condensation gets into it

thank you so much for all the help!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: corn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">my friend got him to pay for the parts and my time to fix his breaks and left it at the but they told him pay up or they will be called he did so he did pay up and now they wont deal with him no more and they tell thier friends to go see someone els </div></div>

so being a mechanic youself, dont you think you should have beeen obligated to report this to the MTO? Kind of sad you didn't unless you're story is bogus. I know I sure would have reported them, safeties are there for a reason.

wasn for me to report him it was the clients to do that

Becoming a Regular Here

looking for a good mechanic?

Don't look in the sault then.

I think I take offense to that.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information