Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lasik Eye Surgery

Default Lasik Eye Surgery

I'm considering having this done. Has anyone here had it done? If so do you have any reccomendations as to which doctor. I've been looking up a few in the Toronto area. Wanted to know the success rate of this type of procedure.

hp2

Default Re: Lasik Eye Surgery

My brother just had his done 2 months ago in sudbury.. DR stergeny.. I do recomend that you do not watch it on you tube first or you will say the hell with it.. MY brother said it takes no longer then it does to put his contacts in and wash them properly..(and he said its not like you see on youtube from the angle your at) he said 10 mins both eyes. he left on a thursday for consult friday morning had surgury friday morning couple hrs after consult. drove home sat am... HE said its supper easy and IT was VERY VERY effective for him.. it also comes with like a 25 yr gaurentee.... or something like that.. Gorge from soo optical does the follow up from storgenys (sp) patients.. so they do not have to drive back..

Thank you. I didn't realize they had one in sudbury. Dr Sorgini? Do you happen to know the approximate price he paid for his?

I heard somewhere that it was $1000 an eye. Not sure if this is correct or not.
    Dogs Have Owners ~ Cats Have Staff

I had mine done by Sorgini in Sudbury, back in July of 2003. Scary 10 minutes let me tell you, but hey, it's totally worth it. Now, let me remind you though, you have a 1 in 50 million chance of going blind... lol, they told me that you have more of a chance of going blind using contacts.
    Anyways, cost $1320 an eye back then, not too sure now.
    Do it, i recommend it.. just scary during the 10-15 min procedure.

I had mine done by Dr. Sorgini in Sudbury as well. I had it done 14 months ago. The cost was $2650. plus my night in the hotel, as they required me to come back the next day! It was really quite painless, and I had no complications. I recommend it to anyone who can afford it!! Good luck and if you have any questions let me know. This cost included the one years worth of follow up visits to your Dr. here.

EEK! why are they only 450/eye in TO? That is a big price for me right now. Guess I'll just be getting my teeth whitened first! LOL

hp2

sorgini is the best in ontario.. and as my brother said you pay for what you get.. HIS was just a little under 1500 for both eyes... he has what they call a cats eye.. NOT round and is not a astigmitisim.... and he can squeeze it with his eyelids to focous.. he went with out glasses for many yrs cause he played the exams.... and never got caught till he was sick of squeezing.. never in his life wore glass.. only contacts.. so his was little different proceedure.. there is also a dr here that does it... I cannot think of his name.. not as good as recomendations as storgini.. my brother also took a consult in ottawa.. and opt for sudbury instead..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Little_Rubber_Ducky</div><div class="ubbcode-body">EEK! why are they only 450/eye in TO? That is a big price for me right now. Guess I'll just be getting my teeth whitened first! LOL</div></div>

It very well might be $450 and eye, but then you have to pay for all your follow up visits on top of that.... but they are included in sorginis price.

this is true..

Sorgini has a web-site worth checking out http://www.sorgini.com/

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information