Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bike Trails

Default Bike Trails

Hey people, I am looking for some good mountain biking trais around the sault area other than Hiawatha highlands.Please post if you know of any good spots

Default Re: Bike Trails

my hubby and his friends hit the trails alot. but they always go to hiawatha. there is ft. creek, but there are tons of dog walkers there so you have to be careful, and there isnt as much as hiawatha. stokley creek used to let people ride or hike and they have miles and miles. new owners now, but you could ask them.

hubby says any of the 4wheeler/skidoo trails also, like old goulais bay road, or the end of conners road etc...

My son was a pro Mtb Racer and has been all over North America, lived in Colorado and Arizona. He says Hiawatha is one of the best places to ride on the continent. He really misses those trails.

neat! im just waiting for the trails to dry up at hiawatha befor i head out there. has anyone been mtn biking up 17 north in the lake puserior prov park at all?

There is some pretty good riding at the end of Conners(or is it O'Connors Rd.) road.
    Not mountain bike trials per say, but some nice riding none the less.
    Also the end of 2nd line past the ball fields.

where is conners? i know at the end of second line is pretty muddy, i have seen alot of trucks come out from there covered in mud....

i know there is also a trail that goes all the way from the end of old goulais bay rd to goulais, it follows the power lines, i think that would be a fun trail to tackle this summer.. i took it last year in my jimmy all the way to goulais.. also comes out at the top of mile hill depending on which way you go.

I don't know how to describe it other than it is between 5th line and the highway.> Use google mapes .
    You can park up there. Unload your bikes and ride.

sounds interesting... maybe i will check it out

conners road is off 6th line just past hiawatha and mockingbird farm. its only about a mile or so long then the road is gated. its skidoo trails. lots of us 4wheel there, but you could bike too. you can go forever and ever! check out the mnr crown use maps for the area and they show all the trails. same with the old goulais bay road, lots of other trails off it too.

out at goulais behind buttermilk out to robertsons lake and the other lakes and skidoo trails. searchmont used to have summer biking on their x country trails, lot of single track - hubby loved it, but it was too much for me!

yeah i was looking at conner on google sat. and it goes on forever, sometimes meeting up with other roads and what not.anyone know if searchmont is allowing people to btn bike out there this summer? or even if its closed are you allowed to ride on the trails out there?

there would be nothing to stop you from riding on the trails. the bike trails were not close to the ski hill but down the whitman dam road. they had a map, and good thing, too, they were hard to see since they were single track. you should call the folks at stokley, its so beautiful there.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information