Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: COD4 Question and thoughts.

Default COD4 Question and thoughts.

How may people here play online and what rank have you achieved so far, well 5 star general is as far as you can ever go anyway, but i am at Captain now after playing for about 12 hours throughout out the day and taking brakes too so maybe 10 hours of play.

Does it take longer (then what did now today) to achieve any higher rank beyond Captain. I did see the points had gone up to achieve for the rank of Captian and Major, i was just curious as to what points are needed for 5 star General or any General status.

I like the game where it allows for you to drop 60 feet and die and get points ONE time only though.. lol

I also like the fact that many could rank up fast depends on game skill of course, but it makes it better for all who play. The weapons are pretty good, but i like a select few only as always there is a few that are not so good. I usually play on the Marines or SAS side and play on a Head Quaters ranked match.

There is so many different achievements that a person can get it amazes me at how many there is and you can level/rank up fast by getting certain weapons and achievements done.

Now To Update My Red Tiger List I Now Have <span style="color: #FF0000">R700, M21, M40A3</span> in Red Tiger Camo.

<span style="color: #FF0000">Edited Today May 13 2008</span>

I now have in Red Tiger this is for level III 150 headshots with the weapon and like noted it goes in stages, first you need 25, then 75, then 150 total, thats a lot of headshots:

<span style="color: #FF0000"><u>Red Tiger Weapons</u></span>
    <span style="color: #009900">Barret Sniper Rifle
    MP5 Sub Machine Gun
    Ak74u Sub Machine Gun
    Mini UZI Sub Machine Gun
    G36C Assault Rifle
    AK47 Assault Rifle
    M16 Assault Rifle
    M4 Carbine Assault Rifle
    Scorpion Sub Machine Gun
    P90 Sub Machine Gun
    M14 Assault Rifle
    G3 Assualt Rifle
    MP44 Assualt Rifle
    M60E4 Light Machine Gun
    M249 Saw Light Machine Gun
    RPD Light Machine Gun
    M1014 Shotgun
    M1200 Shotgun
    Dragunov Sniper Rifle
    R700 Sniper Rifle
    M21 Sniper Rifle
    M40A3 Sniper Rifle</span>

I now have the <span style="color: #FF9900"><u>Dragunov</u></span> in Gold as of today <span style="color: #FF0000">May 13 2008.</span>

<span style="color: #FF9900"><u>Gold Weapons</u></span>
    <span style="color: #009900">Desert Eagle (level 55 unlock)
    Mini UZI Sub Machine Gun
    AK47 Assault Rifle
    M60E4 Light Machine Gun
    M1014 Shotgun
    Dragunov Sniper Rifle</span>

<span style="color: #FF0000">I have Now Completed All Weapon classes to their fullest and have all red tiger and gold weapons.</span>

Default Re: COD4 Question and thoughts.

Wow i never thought you can rank up this fast. I am now a full fledge Coronel and my online play time is (19hrs 8min). It does take longer and more points are needed as the rank goes up. It i harder to rank up past Coronel as many high point achievements are usually done by then.

Anyone want to play online sometime PM me.

I'll play online with you when I get a chance too. 5 Star General is the highest, but once you get there you can unlock Prestiege Mode which is a whole nother can of worms.

You plan on XBOX, PS3, or PC?

I have approx 14 days of gameplay time. Myself personally, about 10. The rest was other family screwin around or me having some fun.

Im almost a commander on the 10th prestige. Im an iron cross at level 52 I think currently

u guys have too much time on your hands get a job or somthing

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: General Lee</div><div class="ubbcode-body">u guys have too much time on your hands get a job or somthing </div></div>

go back to your GTA IV and quit pestering.

i bought COD4... somewhere around level 35... i play it pretty casually, but its a lot of fun.
    Q6600 @ 2.85ghz
    Asus P5N-D 750i
    ATi HD3870
    2GB Kingston Hyper-X PC8500
    Antec PowerTrio 650w

Well right now i am a 2 star general I working stage II of that level.

I don't like the fact you have to work through 3 stages of every rank, but that is ok as it makes it longer, but for newbies it can take forever and ever to get commander = 5 star general.

I have only played about 25-26 hours of play time to achieve what i have so far.

Now as for prestige mode i read don't ever do it as it resets all weapons and achievements back to nothing which sucks as you have to do all that hard work again to prestege level of 10 is the max you can go. I may consider it, but thats a lot of playing, but again if i am bored i will do so.

Its is about skill not about time on your hands as i only played in a very very short time frame to get where i am, but that does not mean no one else can, but it shows many that it is possible to level up fast if you do things corretly and achieve the goals faster, look at everything that can get 250-1000 points of achievement and you will rank up fast.

I played on HeadQuaters maps only so far as it seems to be the best to rank up fast and achieve goals quicker. I usually try to play with at least 20-40 ppl playing as it makes for more fun and better for ranking up, expecially when there is a lot of 5 generals playing as those buggers (most) have all the weapons unlocked.

I don't play on Xbox 360 or PS3, but i play the PC version and Xbox or PS3 people i heard can't play with PC gamers on cod4. Not sure if thats true, but if it is like other gameswhen i had a Xbox 360 i could not play with PC gamers.

Cruel_Intentions or anyone if you want to play, let me know (PM ME) and we can jump into a server (with at keast 20 people in it) and be on same team or you can jump on other side.

Hey rich level 35 is what again Captain or Major i think?

I am level 47 Major General 2 star general and i am working on Major General II = level 48 2 star general, then after that it is 3 star general = Leiutenant General, of three stages of it, then i think it is Commander = 5 star general 3 stages of it too.

I have to admit it is the most fun online game i played in years.

I play on 360, and no, I can't play with PC gamers. Our maps are locked at a max of 16 people (2 teams of 8) for everything but Ground War (20 ppl) and Team Tactical (2 teams of 4)

The weapons are all unlocked on a rank base, so if you lvl 55, you've got all the guns.

I like playing Team Tactical because it requires more teamwork and skill to win when it's only 4 v 4.

Well i just got to 5 star General level 55 = Commander and what a game it is to get. I love this game and i am sure there is more to achieve beyond just getting to 5 star. I have .. 1 day, 17 hours and 27min in the online game to get 5 star level 55 which is the highest you can get, but i want to get more challenges done to unlock some more camo colors.

I have mostly everything unlocked, but not everything it ever has as you would need to use every weapon to its fullest to get everything in COD4.

I like prestige mode pesonally, gives you something to shoot for again and you get your weapons back pretty quick. I usually don't worry about getting the golden guns and such because they are all gone with prestige mode anyways

Well i may do it but not now since i just got my stuff. I am still getting some challenges done too right now and want to get more of them done for the fun of it.

Some i never tried for i get now as you just happen to get them by random and not trying.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: General Lee</div><div class="ubbcode-body">u guys have too much time on your hands get a job or somthing </div></div>

Just because you suck at the game, doesnt mean that everyone who's farther along in it is an anti social basement dweller. If you look at my time played, I've played for well over 14 days. That's well over 300 hours of gameplay. It's been out for HOW long now? Play Search and Destroy. With 500 - 1000 points a match, you rank up pretty damn fast.

Now ... I have over 38,000 kills world wide. Of you think about that for a moment. Everything else makes sense. 50 points a kill in S&D. Every 100 you get an extra 100 points, every 75 you get 500 poins, and every 150 you get 1000 points. You rank pretty quick.

I thank you for your thoughts and opinions on my life, and that of others, but sir, you just need to get some skill [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MadMax</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well i may do it but not now since i just got my stuff. I am still getting some challenges done too right now and want to get more of them done for the fun of it.

Some i never tried for i get now as you just happen to get them by random and not trying. </div></div>

If you get all the kills and headshots in a weapon class, you get a golden weapon in that class.

Assault: Golden AK-47
    SMG: Golden Mini Uzi
    LMG: Golden M60
    Shotgun: Golden M1201 er soemthin like that. It's the auto shotty
    Sniper: Golden Dragonov

And just for getting to level 55, you get a Golden Desert Eagle

Yeah i made level 55 a day ago or so.

I got the golden handgun and yeah i know about the rest of them as well, but there is only what 4-5 for certain classes of weapons and the one i like is the G36C and the AK74u which none have a golden gun option.

I am working on the M16 and M4 clases for expert levels now and i am almost done them both. I am also working on the Barett Sniper Rifle and R700 for their expert levels too.

Its fun to get them, but all that does is allow for more camo and makes the weapons a little better.

Red Tiger looks best on very few guns in my opinion. I personally prefer the Blue Tiger. I already have the golden Mini Uzi, but I refer to still use my MP5 with a silencer, and Blue tiger camo. Looks WILD!. In search and destroy compile that with a UAV jammer, Dead Silence, and Claymores, and boom. You're an invisible force to be reckoned with [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]

I just finished red tiger camo level (15min ago) for the Barret sniper rifle and it looks good on it...thats a long 150 headshots to get as the levels are 25,75,150 so in total = 250 headshots this is for any weapon that has red tiger camo as an option and anyone who plays cod4 knows sniping is not always that easy as there is many factors involved.

I am almost done red tiger for the MP5 and AK74u i am about 30-35 headshots away, but they are a little more random shots as they are both machine gun style, but if you get any chance of a up close headshot and its a (still) shot then take it.

I used the Mini Uzi today as well and leveled it up to marksman 100% and the headshots are not far away from completion of the first level of it. The Mini Uzi is fast, but it is not a great weapon of choice against a MP5 or a AK74u.

HeadQuaters is what i play on as you can achieve leveling up fast and achieve many challenges fast on the right servers.

I went on Search and Destroy and it is not a good choice for anyone new to the game as if you die you have to wait the entire round to start again which could be 10 min at times. Thats way to long to only get 5-10 kills and not do any challenges fast. This type of play i recommend for those who are Captain or Higher already, but if your looking for challenge achivements fast, then go on HeadQuater servers.

MP5
    Skorpion
    Mini Uzi
    P90
    AK 74

M40A4
    M21
    Dragonov

M16
    AK47
    G36

I'm almost done the Sniper Rifles too ... but it takes time sadly. I dont play Team Deathmatch. I play search and destroy. Getting over 10 kills is rare

And it's not 250 ... it's 150.

25= Red Dot
    75= Silencer
    150= Acog

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tormented Soul</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And it's not 250 ... it's 150.

25= Red Dot
    75= Silencer
    150= Acog</div></div>

To get Red Tiger you have to get 150 headshots, level one 25 = Digital Camo, Level Two 75 = Blue Tiger Camo, Level Three 150 = Red Tiger Camo.

You should play HeadQuaters as i have got at times over 20 sniper kills on a map and thats not rare on some maps, but i say maybe ever so often map.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information