Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1 year post op MGB?

Default 1 year post op MGB?

I got an email from Kim telling me what blood work I need to get done. However when I presented the recommended tests to my doctor, he said that some of them he doesn't do here. Like the vitamin levels?? Anyone else have this issue?? Do I have to go somewhere else to get these tests done??? thanks

Default Re: 1 year post op MGB?

I am one year on Thursday. I just had my check-up and my Dr. had all my necessary blood work. Just e-mail Kim when the time comes, I am sure she will tell you that if you are having no problems, it won't be necessary.

I feel great after one year, ... no problems at all. Have lost 132 lbs. so far but am slowing down greatly. You will also feel great after one year, if you don't already.

Cheers.
    Why are you hiding behind a username?

[img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/beerchug.gif[/img] handyman

I am working very hard on completing my packet.. I can see a rainbow at the end of the tunnel and booked for july 9th if paper work is completed!!
    “When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself"

ok good .. thanks handyman...and congrats on the weight loss!!! I am at 105 lost now... LOVIN IT!!

wow to both of you guys! and yeah!! for you babzz.

kel, there are some tests that are worded differently in the usa than in canada, that is what i found, that my doc needed to just look up the differenc. however, there are 2 or 3 that ohip does not cover. i chose not to have those ones done at this time, and let the surgeon decide if i needed them or not. that was at my one year anyway, and he looked at everything and said that it should all be just fine that i didnt need to get those tests.

however, this year my iron is very low and my potassium was up, so i am trying to correct that. i will ask the surgeon again with these different results if i need the other tests. i think it comes out to about $150. that i will have to pay. so, if he thinks they should be checked i will do it. right now im just working on getting my iron up.

i also must add that i was more careful with my diet in the first year than i have been in the 2nd year. still taking all the vitamins no problem, but i did take better care to get the fruits,veggies and protien in better.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information