Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: math tutor - gd 10 acedemic

Default math tutor - gd 10 acedemic

hi, looking for a tudor who has an easy way of helping a gd. 10 student understand her math.

Default Re: math tutor - gd 10 acedemic

just word of advise ....do not get anyone from here...talk to the school and they will help you out.

Banned

i think i need to upgrade my math at college level though [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif[/img]

I am a very strong Math student, and having understood it through multiple learning disabilities, I could offer some advice, but Macs is right, for actual hands on tutoring you are better off going through the school board
    Love like you've never been hurt
    Sing like nobody's listening
    Dance like nobody's watching
    And Live Like it's Heaven on Earth
    - Mark Twain

I'm in gr.11 uni math right now, but you should definitely go through the school for a tutor.

thanks, we did go through the school, and through another tutor also. we are just not having any luck getting a connection, she is too polite to tell them that she still isnt getting it. just need to find someone who she can connect with and 'get it'.
    thanks. it was worth a shot.

Yeah, I'd offer to help since everything is fresh in my head but I don't know how well I'd be at teaching someone. What works for one person may not work for another eh?

Banned

math sucks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kitca</div><div class="ubbcode-body">thanks, we did go through the school, and through another tutor also. we are just not having any luck getting a connection, she is too polite to tell them that she still isnt getting it. just need to find someone who she can connect with and 'get it'.
    thanks. it was worth a shot. </div></div>

what kind of math? PM me I may be able to help. I understand math very well and did so with multiple learning disabilities. (I just know simple ways of explaining it) depending on what kind of course [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
    - Mark Twain

Banned

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dancingqueen</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kitca</div><div class="ubbcode-body">thanks, we did go through the school, and through another tutor also. we are just not having any luck getting a connection, she is too polite to tell them that she still isnt getting it. just need to find someone who she can connect with and 'get it'.
    thanks. it was worth a shot. </div></div>

what kind of math? PM me I may be able to help. I understand math very well and did so with multiple learning disabilities. (I just know simple ways of explaining it) depending on what kind of course [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img] </div></div>

math sucks

Banned

math is for weirdos

POroblem for you guys that say "math sucks" is that anything in existence in the natural world is explainable using math.

Banned

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Short _Circutz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">POroblem for you guys that say "math sucks" is that anything in existence in the natural world is explainable using math. </div></div>

if they cut math out of every course at school they would be a whole lot easier. Like i said before math is for a certain type of mind to condition it like a therapy and gets everyones mind on the same track, if someones off track they wont understand it (disorders, med problems, what not)

Is there still a scholars learning centre? Maybe check with them?
    "From there to here, and here to there, funny things are everywhere."
    Dr. Seuss

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: moooochi</div><div class="ubbcode-body">if someones off track they wont understand it (disorders, med problems, what not) </div></div>

That's funny... I grew up with multiple learning disabilities. That's jst a cop-out Moochie
    - Mark Twain

Banned

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dancingqueen</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: moooochi</div><div class="ubbcode-body">if someones off track they wont understand it (disorders, med problems, what not) </div></div>

That's funny... I grew up with multiple learning disabilities. That's jst a cop-out Moochie </div></div>

LOL well it sure doesnt help having to learn the systems and figures with a pre-blocked mind, lets say something like ADD??? and ok if not then its a cop-out lmao

Banned

Everyone should be able to understand math but it depends whos teaching it and what methods they use? maybe one person may not work for you but someone elses will?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: moooochi</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dancingqueen</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: moooochi</div><div class="ubbcode-body">if someones off track they wont understand it (disorders, med problems, what not) </div></div>

That's funny... I grew up with multiple learning disabilities. That's jst a cop-out Moochie </div></div>

LOL well it sure doesnt help having to learn the systems and figures with a pre-blocked mind, lets say something like ADD??? and ok if not then its a cop-out lmao </div></div>

ADHDS was one of my learning disabilities that I have since been able to over-come [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img] so, yes... it is a cop-out
    - Mark Twain

Banned

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dancingqueen</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: moooochi</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dancingqueen</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: moooochi</div><div class="ubbcode-body">if someones off track they wont understand it (disorders, med problems, what not) </div></div>

LOL well it sure doesnt help having to learn the systems and figures with a pre-blocked mind, lets say something like ADD??? and ok if not then its a cop-out lmao </div></div>

ADHDS was one of my learning disabilities that I have since been able to over-come [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img] so, yes... it is a cop-out </div></div>

i found it hard to learn math with OCD

what about english
    That's what she said !

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information