Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Lost Black Cat!!!!

Becoming a Regular Here
    from in my puter... some where in Canada..lol

Default Lost Black Cat!!!!

Our cat got out and has been missing since Sat. Nite, we had company from out of town adn they didn't notice her get out when they went for a smoke and she has been missin ever since. We live off Korah Road. She is very friendly and her name is Scortch. Plz let me know if anyone has seen her. She is all black no white at all.
    Thank You,
    Sharon

Default Re: Lost Black Cat!!!!

if you have a pic, please post, it helps a lot.
    neutering stops the need for euthanizing

Becoming a Regular Here

This is her pic and her name is Scortch

Becoming a Regular Here

This is her partener in crime and he is missing her like crazy he sit's in the window and meows half the day and when it's bed time he's searching in all there hidin spots and meowing so if you have seen her or have any idea of where she might be plz let us know.
    Ty

PLEASE go to shelter at least every second day and ask to look in the stray room for her.
    stray time is four days, sometimes less so it is imperative you physically go there.
    never count on the shelter to call you about her.

Becoming a Regular Here

oh ok i will head up there a.s.a.p. ty

Becoming a Regular Here

found her she is at the human society ty

It's great that you followed Magic's advice, which is dead on correct. You must be happy. There are so many cats coming and going at the shelter that the best thing to do is go there in person daily to check the stray room. Strays are kept for only four days so it's up to the owner to be vigilant. That is my opinion.

Becoming a Regular Here

well ty again magic but unfortunately it wasn't her. they said they will keep an eye out for her for me and i will check every couple days the one that was there didn't even respond to me and the lady i was speaking with said they think that one is pregnant and mine is spayed and has all her shots and the one there didn't even look at us when we said her name so it wasn't her. So plz everyone will you keep an eye out for our little girl. SHe has all her shots to. and she is very cuddley and loves to be in my arms or on me knee and cuddles with her buddy who is missin her.

i know how you must be feeling,hope you find her soon. check every single day too at the shelter. she will most likely come back home soon.

If you have screened in windows, let her cat buddy sit near one into the evening and maybe he will call to her. She might respond if she is nearby. Hopefully, she will turn up.

Becoming a Regular Here

he does that and he goes from window to window lookin for her. and meowing but he hasn't today so i think he's givin up on her he has sat in both the windows they always sat in but he hasn't meowed today for her.

Where abouts are you located?

I hope you have found your cat. I know how much you must be worried, over a month ago my cat went missing for two weeks but is home safe and sound now.

The first day we made posters with pictures and brought them to all the neighbors close by and asked that they keep an eye out for him. After two weeks a neighbor knocked on our door and said that he was hiding in their woodshed (must have just gone in the night before because the neighbor went in there daily). He was quite thin and had a few small abrasions but was happy to be home.

Anyhow just letting you know what helped us get out kitty back. I really didn't know what to do other than searching and going to the humane society. I was really happy that a neighbor actually was still watching out two weeks later.
    Good luck, hope he is home soon!

There was a black cat hanging around this afternoon on douglas street when i took my dog for a walk. Not sure if that is your cat or not. Cat acted like it was lost and confused when cars were going by. I tried to get to the cat but i think because i had my dog it scared the cat off.

Becoming a Regular Here

we live in the korah rd sussex area. my cat is use to dogs and wasn't affraid of any dog as i have a big one and little one. I don't thinks she would have gotten as far as douglas though thats a ways away from me, but i guess you never know. she is jet black with no white at all. my grandkids call her a holloween cat...lol I have been to the human society and wow they have alot of black cats there and I didn't realize how hard it is to identify a cat, but she wan't there. :-( I will check again today though and i have asked the neibours and noone has seen here but are all keepin an eye out for her.

that is why it is imperative that you go there personally and personally go in the stray room.
    black cats sometimes look very much alike and i doubt the shelter staff can distinguish yours from another one.
    only you can do that.
    PLEADING you go at least every other day.
    black cats at the shelter don't last long. especially females they think are pregnant.
    they aren't very accurate with that, they think every female that comes there is pregnant, pretty much an excuse to terminate them.
    he$$ sometimes i go there and they can't even get their sexes right.

Becoming a Regular Here

omg, well i will be checking and I have my neibours watchin for her to one said she was in there wood pile so we have put food there and hope they see her and call me or catch her se is very very friendly and loves all the attention she can get.

oh gosh, i hope you find her soon, it is such a worry. sounded like a good idea to make the posters and put them up and around the whole area.

being out of her element she is prolly scared and maybe not as friendly because of it?

Becoming a Regular Here

ty you all for your in put I really appreciate it. still searching.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information