Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: what to look for

Default Re: what to look for

Myself I enjoy photography for nothing more then a hobby. I find getting out with my camera is my escape from everything going on in my life. Even if it's only a few moments of just me being out taking a few photos, away from my husband and my children, just me... it's such a great feeling for me. In those moments I'm doing something I enjoy, I'm stress free, I'm enjoying my surroundings and doing something I find not only exciting but relaxing.

Yes I'm one of the ones that tend to use the auto settings for the most part. I have tried manual and it's a learning process and it's something that I'm willing to learn more about.

I do enjoy reading what others have to say and learning from them and trying out some new things myself. I do understand where you are coming from though because I do know a few people that are some of the so called "professionals" that have a camera along the same lines as mine. Out undercutting everyone and turning out rather poor photos. I've seen some of them and couldn't believe they actually thought that they could charge someone for the results they gave.

I'm not saying you are a jerk or anyone else here, I just don't enjoy this back and forth bickering. I know there is nothing anyone can say to avoid this happening, it's happened a few times here. I have seen many of your photos and I think they are great and look forward to seeing more.
    I'm amused by stupid people. It's better than cable and it's FREE!!!

You know what, I don't need this crap. I mentioned my position in this forum simply because I think I have a fairly good track record which stands. I don't need to argue with strangers on a forum to feel important. Nor do I feel that I am the guru of anything (in fact, to show you Karm..you can take my so called guru place. I promise I won’t participate anymore).

I have mentioned before that I see this kind of crap on other photography forums..and I don't like it one bit. Nor do I enjoy the implications that I don't know what I am talking about, as I can assure you that nothing could be further from the truth. Crowell, I shall say this, if you think that a histogram can only be used for what you state..then I suggest you learn more about it. There are many techniques where a histogram is very useful.

Well I am out. Only a few of you know what a trying time I am going through with my personal life right at this moment and this senseless bickering and pestering gains nothing.

I must apologize to everyone for this nonsense behavior. I am out.
    No photographer is as good as the simplest camera. ~Edward Steichen

It's a shame that you have now decided deal with this debate by leaving the forum. I've noticed that as I have been online this morning that you have begun removing your images from the forum. Somewhat dramatic.
    I would note that your insistence on calling myself and KARM wrong about every thing we've posted, you had started this yourself. Furthermore, by resorting to name calling and personal attacks, you only furthered my motivation to debate as I'm sure there are few people who would just stand idly by in face of such comments..
    When this strategy was not successful, you then resorted to questioning our familiarity with this forum. Is it the policy of soonet that new members are not allowed to express opposing opinions with older members? Should it be held against me that I've just moved back to the Soo and have not had that much time to spend online since? Unless I am able to post multiple times a day, I should just stay away?
    If you look back upon the debate, both KARM and myself have kept our arguments to the words typed and not the person behind them. Had your posts not repeatedly contained these personal attacks, it would have been easy for me to just leave it as "agree to disagree". I am an extremely pleasant guy, but I'm certainly not going to sit by and take abuse without rebuttal.
    Though you are playing the card of the innocent victim, I will note that even your exit speech involves a personal dig on my abilities as a photographer.
    One can not expect to throw jabs without having to defend their comments. Unless of course they make a dig then run away.
    If there are personal things going on, obviously I was unaware. Though I don't see how that is relevant to a debate that you have instigated and were just as guilty in perpetuating.
    Again, I think it is unfortunate that this is how you have chosen to deal with this situation.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chako</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You know what, I don't need this crap. I mentioned my position in this forum simply because I think I have a fairly good track record which stands. I don't need to argue with strangers on a forum to feel important. Nor do I feel that I am the guru of anything (in fact, to show you Karm..you can take my so called guru place. I promise I won’t participate anymore).

I have mentioned before that I see this kind of crap on other photography forums..and I don't like it one bit. Nor do I enjoy the implications that I don't know what I am talking about, as I can assure you that nothing could be further from the truth. Crowell, I shall say this, if you think that a histogram can only be used for what you state..then I suggest you learn more about it. There are many techniques where a histogram is very useful.

Well I am out. Only a few of you know what a trying time I am going through with my personal life right at this moment and this senseless bickering and pestering gains nothing.

I must apologize to everyone for this nonsense behavior. I am out.
    </div></div>

I've been an admirer of your work for along time now. I look forward too it please don't leave Chako.

Good Riddance...Chako was both a boor and a bore and besides that he was a lousy photographer who talked a good game but was more interested in criticizing than supporting the efforts of others. He finally pissed me off enough that I had to quit this forum and now I'm glad others have seen to it that he got a good dose of his own medicine.

What was the point in searching for this thread only to bump it back up and bash Chako?

This just shows that you yourself are very disrespectful and childish. Grow up and get over it already, let go of the grudge you have obviously been still holding when it comes to him.
    I'm amused by stupid people. It's better than cable and it's FREE!!!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information