Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: BBQed Eggplant?

Default BBQed Eggplant?

Has anyone done grilled eggplant before?

I came across a recipe that uses halved Japanese eggplant or sliced eggplant patties, but part of the recipe sounds a bit off so I'd rather reply on someone's experience.

Default Re: BBQed Eggplant?

I do it all the time...one of my fav's! Slice into about 1" circles (lenthwise if Japanese or Italian eggplant). Brush with anything to keep moist. It soaks up liquid like a sponge so you get lots of whatever flavour from you are using.

Some things I have brushed on while grilling:

*oil, wine vinegar and fresh herbs or garlic
    *chicken broth with whatever seasoning you want
    *white wine

or anything else will do. I don't think I have ever made the same brushing sauce twice and they are all delicous. Good luck.

Thanks, really?. Do you mean 1" thick slices? The recipes I have says 1/2" - 3/4", but I would think that would dry them out a bit. Do you leave the skin on? One that I have says leave it on and another says peel it.

There are tons of recipes on the web, but they vary so much, it's good to know someone's tried and true methods.

Yup. I do between 3/4" & 1" slices. No real science...they become "leathery" if overcooked and the middles seem to slide out if they are a seedy variety. I always leave skin on and actually eat it - although I am a minority. I forgot to tell you I score the circles also while grilling to let more of my grilling sauce soak in. Just go with the flow...you really can't mess it up! Cheers.

Thanks!

J*B

That sounds about as appetizing as grilled tofu!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif[/img]

I think tofu is easier to take if you just pretend it is pork fat [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

Hmmm, does anyone have a good recipe for grilled pork fat? [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rofl.gif[/img]

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information