Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Veterinarian

Default Veterinarian

Any info on which one in town is the best to go to?
    I Am a Firm Believer in Karma...."You Get Back from The Universe what you put into it..."

Default Re: Veterinarian

I like the Palmers on 3rd line phone# 759-8888
    Never had a problem with them with any of pets. They have shown great compassion and understanding in two difficult times.

Palmers are excellent vets but on the pricier side. Gunum is good too and is the cheapest in town, 759-4555. I was at Palmers for geriatrics last month. I normally go across because of my cats ongoing (and pricey) health problem.
    Adopting one pet will not change the world but, it will change the world for that one pet.

Gunum on this side was great and so far i have found him to be the cheapest.

My only suggestion is to avoid Northland. I can assure you I'm not the only one with that opinion.
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

I think that the question is not about price. Surely Gunam is cheaper but I was completely disappointed with his lack of inquiry when I dealt with him. I felt as though he had no idea of what he was doing. (It wasn't my pet) Others may feel differently.

I am a Northland client and have been for many years. We've been through many surgeries including emergencies and have always received great care. We've never been rushed and we've been sat down in the library to discuss options so that we were informed. I don't go for the politics, I go for the care for my animals. My other favourite vets are Karrie Gould and Kieth Good in Desbarats. I've dealt with Dr. Gould for years when she was at Northland and Dr. Good is my horse vet and a wonderful one he is.
    "Everyone can rise above their circumstances and achieve success if they are dedicated to and passionate about what they do."

I'm sure they do take care of your pets, Loopy. However, my reason for saying that is because they take advantage of the elderly and uninformed. Without going into detail, I have seen charges on vet visits that should NEVER have been there and if they were actually performed, the animal would be dead. But people just don't know any better.
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Becoming a Regular Here

I like Dr.Anita at Black Road Vet! she is great with my 2 little dogs and she is fair as far as cost!

Palmer's on Third Line is great. So helpful, patient and understanding. Had some good and bad experiences with Northland over the years.

We are also happy with Dr. Gunam.

The McCrumbs in Sault Michigan. They are great.

I agree with Summer, if you are willing to go across the river.
    Somewhere in a lonely hotel room
    there’s a guy starting to realize
    That eternal fate has turned it's back on him
    It's two a.m.

I third that [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img] I heart McCrumbs [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]
    I guess you will find someone who has a problem with every vet in this city. My sister use to go to Dr.Anita and loved her (she sees Gunum now). It was the other vet that she had in her clinic who I had a run in with when my cat was first having seizures in 1996. I wouldnt ever go there because of that.
    Adopting one pet will not change the world but, it will change the world for that one pet.

There good and bad experiences with every vet on both sides of the river. you have to find the one you like the best and trust whether on this side or the other.

Dr. Anita isn't all that many folks think. Seeing her records with the Veterinary Association would be a real surprise for people.
    Many very angry "former" pet owners.

I think that many of us feel very strongly about our pets doctors as we feel about our own gps. Rumours are easy enough to get moving and there is always something negative about each vet. I wasn't aware about "unaccounted" charges by my vet but I review each of my bills and discuss them with the vet. For those who don't, I hope someone does it for them.
    "Everyone can rise above their circumstances and achieve success if they are dedicated to and passionate about what they do."

Loopy, my concern is more for the elderly or uninformed. People who just don't know any better. I have seen them being taken advantage of there time and time again. And it is only one vet there that seems to be the common issue.

I do agree though that Dr. Gould was excellent when she was there.

Regardless of which vet anyone goes to, be sure it is someone you trust. If something seems too expensive or unnecessary, don't be scared to get a second opinion from a different clinic. You may just save yourself hundreds of dollars. I've seen it happen first hand on many different occasions.

K Thanks for the info....my main reason for asking was because I don't drive and I was looking for someone over here to get my Lab her shots...I dealt with the Chippewa Animal Clinic to get my Cat neutered and they were great but I had no way to get back over. But now a friend of mine wants to head over to get her Dog neutered too so we are just going to go together...Thanks again.
    I Am a Firm Believer in Karma...."You Get Back from The Universe what you put into it..."

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information